Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno-game day decision
Zac says he is reluctant to rule him out. The reporters are putting his chances to play on Sunday as small. He is on the rehab field today which is an improvement over the last couple of days.
As much as I would like him on the field, I'd rather lose him for just game 1 than have him play less than prepared and possibly get hurt worse

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yep, hold him out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't been following the injuries all that close recently. It said "shoulder" in a report I just looked up. Does anyone know what the actual injury is?

I'm kinda worried that if he's this unlikely to play Sunday that's it's probably a long-shot he's actually healthy for the Thursday game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I haven't been following the injuries all that close recently.  It said "shoulder" in a report I just looked up.  Does anyone know what the actual injury is?

I'm kinda worried that if he's this unlikely to play Sunday that's it's probably a long-shot he's actually healthy for the Thursday game.

It's a day to day thing according Taylor and Baghdad Geoff indicated it wasn't super serious injury. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He’s now out. Along with Shawn Williams.

Man, DT position is getting crushed this year. Still, not in a bad position with Reader, Daniels, Covington and Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:38 PM)pally Wrote: Zac says he is reluctant to rule him out.  The reporters are putting his chances to play on Sunday as small.  He is on the rehab field today which is an improvement over the last couple of days.  
As much as I would like him on the field, I'd rather lose him for just game 1 than have him play less than prepared and possibly get hurt worse

Pouncey (Chargers center) ruled out.. so that will help if Geno can;t go
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 03:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s now out. Along with Shawn Williams.

Man, DT position is getting crushed this year. Still, not in a bad position with Reader, Daniels, Covington and Brown.

Luckily SD's not a power running team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Geno officially ruled out
J24

Reply/Quote
Rest up Geno will need you on Thursday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Luckily SD's not a power running team.

Every team is a power running team when playing the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 03:10 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a day to day thing according Taylor and Baghdad Geoff indicated it wasn't super serious injury. 

LOL

Am I missing something?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 03:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s now out. Along with Shawn Williams.

Thank GOD they signed Daniels.  In the past, they would say:  "Well, we have (insert name of unsuccessful draft pick)", and the subsequent loss in talent would lead to a loss.  Not this time.  I think they pick up the slack and Geno is ready on Thursday.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL

Am I missing something?

During the 2nd Iraq war the Iraq press secretary was nicknamed Baghdad Bob because he acted like everything was ok when the US was literally gaining major ground every day. 
Similarly Geoff sometimes down plays negative stuff and makes it sound like it is all rosey.
I gave him the nickname but it hasn't catches on.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 05:22 PM)J24 Wrote: During the 2nd Iraq war the Iraq press secretary was nicknamed Baghdad Bob because he acted like everything was ok when the US was literally gaining major ground every day. 
Similarly Geoff sometimes down plays negative stuff and makes it sound like it is all rosey.

Great reference.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/9/11/21432869/bengals-vs-chargers-week-1-final-injury-report-geno-atkins-mike-pouncey-ruled-out?fbclid=IwAR0hQE117Prjss-HIXqQN32HEQJwqV65RXMBNQsoQyMNQwrqHpTtfOXppbs

Well that sucks
Reply/Quote
Why do I see this as a 4-5 week kind of thing?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 05:22 PM)J24 Wrote: During the 2nd Iraq war the Iraq press secretary was nicknamed Baghdad Bob because he acted like everything was ok when the US was literally gaining major ground every day. 

I like it! Oh Baghdad Bob, lol literally bombs being dropped around him with allied tanks rolling up the street behind him, “ We have the Americans right where we want them”
Reply/Quote
Hate to read this about Geno. Defense can't help but be somewhat diminished with him not playing. Hoping he's back for Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
The Mike Daniels pick up sure makes this much less of a blow. Rest up Geno for the Stains demolish fest.
Reply/Quote