Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno not finishing the year gives ZT the out he needs to excuse the Dunlap situation
ZT got Dunlap out of town and limited Geno’s snaps. Letting Dunlap leave exposed him for the dumbass he is. Dunlap has been reborn in Seattle. But now the same cannot happen with Geno. How funny would it have been if ZT ended up giving Geno more snaps and he ends up with a couple sacks. ZT would not have a leg to stand on at negotiation time. Now ZT can say Dunlap was a fluke and that he was right with Geno.

I don’t see a world in which ZT isn’t given another year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think he's still here next year myself, but he gets no out. It's been said ad nauseum that he's over his head, and flat out ******' sucks at his job.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: ZT got Dunlap out of town and limited Geno’s snaps. Letting Dunlap leave exposed him for the dumbass he is. Dunlap has been reborn in Seattle. But now the same cannot happen with Geno. How funny would it have been if ZT ended up giving Geno more snaps and he ends up with a couple sacks. ZT would not have a leg to stand on at negotiation time. Now ZT can say Dunlap was a fluke and that he was right with Geno.

It's already been rumored that the Bengals and Atkins are expected to part ways this offseason.
But it's not Taylor's fault that the DL isn't producing. It's the DC.

At minimum, the Bengals need to force Taylor to find a new DC and OL coach.
They have no way of selling next season to fans unless they change those two guys.
If all the coaches stay the same, there's no hope for this team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Now ZT can say Dunlap was a fluke and that he was right with Geno.

And that just erases everything else and is the only thing anyone looks at when deciding his future?

Nah, i don't think so.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's already been rumored that the Bengals and Atkins are expected to part ways this offseason.

They have no way of selling next season to fans unless they change those two guys.

Wait... Why is the D line the defensive coordinator's fault, but the o line is just Turner's fault and not the de facto OC's fault?

They either all go, or don't bother... Anybody think Taylor can upgrade those coaching positions?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: ZT got Dunlap out of town and limited Geno’s snaps. Letting Dunlap leave exposed him for the dumbass he is. Dunlap has been reborn in Seattle. But now the same cannot happen with Geno. How funny would it have been if ZT ended up giving Geno more snaps and he ends up with a couple sacks. ZT would not have a leg to stand on at negotiation time. Now ZT can say Dunlap was a fluke and that he was right with Geno.

FFS, did you miss the part where Geno has been playing all year with a rotator cuff injury requiring surgery? :paul:
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's already been rumored that the Bengals and Atkins are expected to part ways this offseason.

The crazy thing Lou is actually doing a better job at coaching defense then Taylor is coaching offense. 
The front office needs to blow the whole thing up that's the only situation. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I hate having to see this much negativity towards a team I love. Your sports teams are supposed to bring you ups and downs but not darn right sadness.

There’s a number of players on the team I admire (AJ Green especially). So it’s very sad to see these players and even the new breed not reach there full potential under this staff.
Reply/Quote

at min the whole staff minus the special teams needs replaced.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:33 PM)jason Wrote: Wait... Why is the D line the defensive coordinator's fault, but the o line is just Turner's fault and not the de facto OC's fault?

They either all go, or don't bother... Anybody think Taylor can upgrade those coaching positions?

1) The DL had a bunch of guys who were proven veterans and really didn't need much coaching. But the defensive play calls determine what they are supposed to do. 
2) For OL, the OL coach sets the blocking schemes. You also have a lot of young, bad OL who need coached up.

For the record, I want Taylor gone too, but if he stays, I want the OL coach and DC gone at least.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 03:06 AM)J24 Wrote: The crazy thing Lou is actually doing a better job at coaching defense then Taylor is coaching offense. 

That's fair, but the HC is the OC, so unless the HC is fired, the HC probably will not give OC duties to someone else.
He can fire the other coaches though, and probably needs to if he hopes to turn the team into a good team next year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at min the whole staff minus the special teams needs replaced.

That's what I would do too, but I could see them saying they'll keep him if he gets rid of (some of) the other coaches.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(12-21-2020, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what I would do too, but I could see them saying they'll keep him if he gets rid of (some of) the other coaches.

only if he fires his offensive coordinator...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: . How funny would it have been if ZT ended up giving Geno more snaps and he ends up with a couple sacks.

ZT would not have a leg to stand on at negotiation time. 

I don't understand your logic.  If he increased Geno's playing time and Geno was more productive then that would show that Taylor did exactly what a good coach would do.

Geno's snaps were limited due to an injury.  Dunlap's snaps were reduced because the coaches wanted to get rid of him.
Reply/Quote
Why is ZT still calling plays anyway? Why does he think he needs too? The OC knows more about the offense than the coach. ZT gave himself too much responsibility. Wait... He gave himself too much control to step back and look at things overall. He needs to coach and not be calling the stupid plays he does. They don't work anyway.

Reply/Quote

Dude, WTF??  As has been mentioned, Geno has been trying his best to play though a debilitating injury.  The team went out and signed Mike Daniels and Reader to bolster the DL, not Taylor's fault that injuries struck.  Not just with those guys, but even the backups went down with injuries.  As much as I want Taylor gone, I can't blame that one on him.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, WTF??  As has been mentioned, Geno has been trying his best to play though a debilitating injury.  The team went out and signed Mike Daniels and Reader to bolster the DL, not Taylor's fault that injuries struck.  Not just with those guys, but even the backups went down with injuries.  As much as I want Taylor gone, I can't blame that one on him.  

It's easier than you might think. I blame Zac Taylor for the plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I've never had it til he came along. I'm officially doubtful for tonight's game... As in it's doubtful I make it through halftime before turning it off.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 03:06 AM)J24 Wrote: The crazy thing Lou is actually doing a better job at coaching defense then Taylor is coaching offense. 

That's like sayin' the dump I took yesterday smelled better than the one I took today.

**** Lou...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
why is it any coach's fault that geno atkins is a bum and should give his money back this year
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:40 PM)jason Wrote: That's like sayin' the dump I took yesterday smelled better than the one I took today.

**** Lou...

Exactly blow everything up
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote