Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Geno practicing- but out
(09-25-2020, 01:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hope that when he comes back he starts looking back to his old self (Early 2018 and prior)

We've got about 43 million dollars of cap space into Green, Atkins and Dunlap for this season.  This team desperately needs production out of these guys.

Another dud from AJ this week will likely be the writing on the wall.  It's a shame they didn't use that $18 million to fix the right side of the line.  I'm not sure if they'd even release Geno next year as they would have to eat 5.2 million in dead cap.  Let's hope he can make it back this season, but you know how the Bengals are with injuries.  It always seems to sound minor, then soon after they're on IR.

Dunlap has just been flat out shitty this year.  History is on his side and I would think he bounces back.  I don't think the wheels have fallen off yet.  Or have they? 
He could be released next year with a minimal cap hit.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:02 PM)Synric Wrote: It would have used up their second IR - Designated to return also which means they wouldnt have been able to use one on XSF.

There's no limit to the number of players who can return from IR this year. New rule this year due to the shortened offseason. 
Reply/Quote
Hope he makes it back soon and fully healthy, we need him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing we have going for us for 2021 is we've already restocked a lot of areas so they could actually dedicate the draft totally to the lines.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Daniels playing without practicing all week? What team coach has that policy?

Desperation if you ask me, and likely won't end well.

Either way they've mismanaged the roster with Geno and rookie mistakes continue with Zac Taylor (unfortunately).

They are desperate. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Daniels playing without practicing all week? What team coach has that policy?

Desperation if you ask me, and likely won't end well.

Either way they've mismanaged the roster with Geno and rookie mistakes continue with Zac Taylor (unfortunately).

A quality veteran DL does not need practice, if he's already in relatively good condition.  All he really needs is to be confident in if he's able to go or not.  It's a groin pull, not an achilles or any other tendon for that matter.  If he feels good, he will go.

All this talk about desperation and such, you might be overthinking this particular situation.  Meanwhile, we've got a stud rookie QB that is about to make his mark in the NFL.  If the offense hits a gear, the defense will have an easier day all around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a feeling Geno may be playing the system. OF COURSE I HAVE NOTHING TO SUPPORT THIS.

We know his wife is pregnant and he didn't opt out. Maybe he feels safe being at the facility but not practicing/playing.
Doubt it players hate Rehab and it's not a smart financial move for Geno to not play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 06:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: The thing we have going for us for 2021 is we've already restocked a lot of areas so they could actually dedicate the draft totally to the lines.

If they can survive the season
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry I’m a little confused. I understand he’s not playing and been ruled out but where are you reading that he was practicing today? Like on the rehab field? I see nothing help!!!!
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:46 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: There's no limit to the number of players who can return from IR this year. New rule this year due to the shortened offseason. 

Corona rules. I didnt know that thank you. Rep.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Daniels not practicing all week. Kind of hard to believe that he’s going to play. Hope the Gino Atkins situation Doesn’t turn into the drama that we had last year with AJ. We need these two guys in the worst kind of way right now.
Reply/Quote
Let me guess.

Geno looks great doing drills on the rehab field, right?

Gaah
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 07:04 PM)J24 Wrote: Doubt it players hate Rehab and it's not a smart financial move for Geno to not play.

It would have been a better financial move to opt out, get $100,000 loan you must pay back, and not accrue a year of service?  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It would have been a better financial move to opt out, get $100,000 loan you must pay back, and not accrue a year of service?  
That has nothing to do with the situation now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Daniels not practicing all week. Kind of hard to believe that he’s going to play. Hope the Gino Atkins situation Doesn’t turn into the drama that we had last year with AJ. We need these two guys in the worst kind of way right now.

Just get Geno's name right Zeke. Come on man.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
I still don't understand how these million dollar rough tough NFL athletes are so Fragile. They weren't even tackling in training camp. How could you hurt yourself bad enough to miss 3 games when you haven't even Tackled in close to a year.. It's seriously amazing how fragile some of these guys really are....
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:27 AM)Tony Wrote: I still don't understand how these million dollar rough tough NFL athletes are so Fragile. They weren't even tackling in training camp. How could you hurt yourself bad enough to miss 3 games when you haven't even Tackled in close to a year.. It's seriously amazing how fragile some of these guys really are....

No matter how much you develop your muscles you can't make your bones and connective tissue that much stronger.

All it takes is for a 300 lb man to fall on yuo the wrong way and even the stringest man will get injured.
Reply/Quote
LOL Of all the words I could use to describe Geno, fragile isn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:40 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Another dud from AJ this week will likely be the writing on the wall.  It's a shame they didn't use that $18 million to fix the right side of the line.  I'm not sure if they'd even release Geno next year as they would have to eat 5.2 million in dead cap.  Let's hope he can make it back this season, but you know how the Bengals are with injuries.  It always seems to sound minor, then soon after they're on IR.

Dunlap has just been flat out shitty this year.  History is on his side and I would think he bounces back.  I don't think the wheels have fallen off yet.  Or have they? 
He could be released next year with a minimal cap hit.

totally agree....its so obvious they are clinging to these players whos best days are behind them. Time to move on  and build a new younger, hungrier team with Joe B ! Ita as if they are afraid what garbage Duke Tobin will recommend to draft.
Reply/Quote