Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno skips Pro Bowl
Geno is apparently "injured" so can not participate in the Pro Bowl game. It is more likely that his wife is due to deliver baby Atkins any day now and he doesn't want to be away from home for a meaningless game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:42 PM)pally Wrote: Geno is apparently "injured" so can not participate in the Pro Bowl game.  It is more likely that his wife is due to deliver baby Atkins any day now and he doesn't want to be away from home for a meaningless game

Who could blame him? Wouldn't bother me if no Bengal ever played in that stupid game ever again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thank goodness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:46 PM)McC Wrote: Who could blame him?  Wouldn't bother me if no Bengal ever played in that stupid game ever again.

Me either

The NFL needs to totally overhaul that mess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All Star games are pointless no matter the sport.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He will miss out on a trip to Orlando, Florida!

Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good. I think all players should skip it. Half don't deserve to be there anyway.
Reply/Quote
For the best.
Reply/Quote
I know I will be deep fried for saying this but he really didn't belong there anyway. Maybe as an alternate. Mixon definitely got screwed.
Reply/Quote
After I watch a train wreck of a pro bowl I feel injured too...not physically but mentally.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: After I watch a train wreck of a pro bowl I feel injured too...not physically but mentally.

It's just a money grab with no other redeeming quality.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:14 PM)McC Wrote: It's just a money grab with no other redeeming quality.

For sure. Not worth risk of injury. They should still pick players for the pro bowl, just don’t play the game.

Reply/Quote
Nothing good can come from participating, so this is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For sure. Not worth risk of injury. They should still pick players for the pro bowl, just don’t play the game.

Yep,

They should just have a fan meet and greet. Punt, pass, and kick competition. Players passing with fans, awards ceremony or something ?

The game sucks to put it mildly, drop it 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For sure. Not worth risk of injury. They should still pick players for the pro bowl, just don’t play the game.
Yep.

Reply/Quote
Everyone bitches about the game, but people keep watching. So, I can't blame them for continuing to serve it up if people are wolfing it down. Honestly, I'll check it out, like I imagine many Bengal fans will. I won't watch all three hours, but, that usually coincides with the NHL All-Star weekend and I'll spend time with both.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Everyone bitches about the game, but people keep watching.

I don’t watch it. Haven’t for years. I’m sure their are others. I don’t condemn those who do, just don’t do it myself.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t watch it. Haven’t for years. I’m sure their are others. I don’t condemn those who do, just don’t do it myself.

I bet you I haven't watched a half hours worth of pro bowl in the last ten years !

Besides when Dalton was in it the first time. I watched a good bit of him that season.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t watch it. Haven’t for years. I’m sure their are others. I don’t condemn those who do, just don’t do it myself.

Right, but many do, enough to make it very profitable for the league and network.  Last year's viewer numbers were the highest in four years, and beat the numbers of many games from the 2000s.  So, until ALL stop watching it's going to be an annual event.  Look, I'll readily admit it's crap football, but for many, it's an event.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Right, but many do, enough to make it very profitable for the league and network.  Last year's viewer numbers were the highest in four years, and beat the numbers of many games from the 2000s.  So, until ALL stop watching it's going to be an annual event.  Look, I'll readily admit it's crap football, but for many, it's an event.

Your right. For me personally, I’m just not attracted. Probably because it means nothing. I find preseason games interesting. Although they don’t count, their is a lot of currency to a fan and what to expect from players in the upcoming year.

Reply/Quote