Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno to miss game
Apparently, Geno is dealing with a family situation and will likely miss the game on Sunday. Even though he hasn't been his best this season it would still be nice to have the depth he adds.

I do hope whatever he is dealing with turns out ok. His wife is very pregnant, due in Dec, so really hope all is well there.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Will we even notice the difference?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
With the recent COVID cases with us and the Steelers, I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking extra precaution.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With the recent COVID cases with us and the Steelers, I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking extra precaution.

This makes a lot of sense. Really would like to see Geno get healthy and get that strength back. Would be nice to see him come on late in the season here, or otherwise next year after a full off-season to build up his strength.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This makes a lot of sense. Really would like to see Geno get healthy and get that strength back. Would be nice to see him come on late in the season here, or otherwise next year after a full off-season to build up his strength.

Yeah, I just hope everything is fine with Geno at home. God bless.

Love Geno. Hope Daniels, Covington and Xavier are up for the challenge going against a good OL that can hold every play.
Reply/Quote
Hope everything is ok family wise wish him the best. I know he’s dealing with a shoulder injury but far as him missing the game I don’t think it will be that big of a deal. Geno dosen’t have a single tackle this season and has been completely invisible.
Reply/Quote
Still hasn’t recorded a single stat on the season, so not like we’ll notice.
Reply/Quote
Personal reasons my ass.. Dump this MFer already..... 
What a waste of time, money, the whole 9.. So sick of these dudes get a hangnail and they are out a season and a half.. Just cut him already... 
Reply/Quote
That contract looks absolutely horrendous at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 12:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That contract looks absolutely horrendous at this point.

You can literally say that about every contract that isn't a rookie deal on this team... The one exception being Tyler Boyd.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 12:36 AM)jason Wrote: You can literally say that about every contract that isn't a rookie deal on this team... The one exception being Tyler Boyd.

I wouldn’t go that far. Reader is worth the money. Hopkins is getting average money for a starting center. Vonn Bell has been somewhat disappointing (other than the Titans game) but we’re not breaking the bank for him. Alexander’s deal is just about right...

Geno otoh is getting paid the 2nd most on the team, and hasn’t even shown up on the stat sheet yet. AJ is obviously grossly overpaid as well, but he’s actually had a couple nice games (2 out of 8 is still horrible). And we’ve at least tried to use AJ. Geno barely plays, and when he does he’s invisible.

Reply/Quote
Genos done.....
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 12:36 AM)jason Wrote: You can literally say that about every contract that isn't a rookie deal on this team... The one exception being Tyler Boyd.

Not anyone on the special teams. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Praying for Geno and his family
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The defensive line has been the most disappointing unit this season. 
They only have produced 11 sacks this year compare that to the 21 sacks they had in the last 7 games last season and it is a huge difference. Injury and player mismanagement have held this unit back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
11 sacks through 8 games is just terrible. I can’t believe there’s actually a couple teams worse than us at rushing the passer.

Reply/Quote
Its either the LBs suck or the Dline sucks.. We can never have both units good and it really kills anything you try to do. When you are bad in the trenches, you cant do shit...
Reply/Quote
"Shawn Williams is done."
"Carlos Dunlap is done."
"Geno Atkins is done."
...who is next to be done?

Meanwhile the people proclaiming all these previously highly productive players won't be looking at the common thread that they all started being "done" when Lou Anarumo took over.

- - - - - - -

I hope that Atkins family is okay and it's just a precaution with all the COVID and his pregnant wife.

I honestly don't even know why they haven't put him on the IR yet and let him get the shoulder surgery he clearly needs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 08:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Shawn Williams is done."
"Carlos Dunlap is done."
"Geno Atkins is done."
...who is next to be done?

Meanwhile the people proclaiming all these previously highly productive players won't be looking at the common thread that they all started being "done" when Lou Anarumo took over.

- - - - - - -

I hope that Atkins family is okay and it's just a precaution with all the COVID and his pregnant wife.

I honestly don't even know why they haven't put him on the IR yet and let him get the shoulder surgery he clearly needs.
Atkins will be cut in the offseason.. Injuries and age has caught him... We will be in full youth movement next year and I am 100% fine with that...
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 08:21 PM)Tony Wrote: Atkins will be cut in the offseason.. Injuries and age has caught him... We will be in full youth movement next year and I am 100% fine with that...

Injuries? This is just his second injury in 11 years. He hadn't missed a game in 6 seasons before this year.

Ignorance like this is why I miss negative rep.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote