Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price under contract
(05-22-2018, 07:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is great news. The rookie pay scale is a plus.

Yep, goodbye to the holding out days that had become routine around here
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 07:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep, more indications that Mikey boy Brown's role has diminished significantly.

(05-21-2018, 07:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This is another reason I believe Mikey boy Brown has been moved to the sidelines when it comes to front office decision making.

The Bengals have passed on some really good Buckeye players over the past 10 years. Now granted some Buckeyes have been drafted higher than the Bengals picked in the 1st round and the team had no shot at those guys, but team seemed to just ignore some really good players.

I think you are correct about Mikey taking a back seat Chris, this is great news for all of us Bengal fans. Rock On

Like i said, i never understood the lack of interest in Buckeye players. I am not a Buckeye fan but you just
cannot deny the amount of talented players they produce. Never ignore any player from any team because
of any strange bias, makes no sense.

(05-21-2018, 07:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not like we paid our 1st pick as much or more than any player on our team and they had yet to play 1 NFL down

I agree, love the rookie wage scale

Yes, it was ridiculous, very happy it was changed.

(05-22-2018, 02:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like luvnit said, it was so stupid when top picks in the first round were the highest paid players on the team without taking a snap.

I realize that players want the most that they can get, but I don't get why the NFLPA didn't try to get a rookie wage scale earlier because higher rookie salaries means lower salaries for vets.

Anyways, I love that we're keeping Price in-state and I think that he does amazing things in helping us solidify our offensive line.  

Also, as an OSU homer, I'm PUMPED to meet him at training camp!

Lucky guy Brad, wish i could go to TC some day. Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, goodbye to the holding out days that had become routine around here

SO WTF is the holdup on the other 2?

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like i said, i never understood the lack of interest in Buckeye players. I am not a Buckeye fan but you just
cannot deny the amount of talented players they produce. Never ignore any player from any team because
of any strange bias, makes no sense.

We have had several OSU alum play for us recently.  We even drafted a couple of them (Herron, Fragle).

There is no bias.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have had several OSU alum play for us recently.  We even drafted a couple of them (Herron, Fragle).

There is no bias.

Boom was like what? A 6th or 7th rounder, Fragle wasn't drafted unless i am mistaken.

I mean early, not late rounders and UDFA's.

We have passed on plenty of talented Buckeyes in the early rounds that went on to be stars elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. Shouldn't be long till we have both of them on board as well.

Hubbard so far has been impressive from what i see and hear. Happy we started drafting Buckeyes.

For some reason we seemed to avoid them in the past which i don't understand.

They have put out some very good to great NFL players recently.
I understood it before Meyer got there and It was tressel. They were still in the whole big 10 running the ball up the middle 1980s way of thinking. Big slow tackles  Whenbig slow defenders. Meyer got there it was fast speed etc. Ever since then uve seen the whole big ten change. They also have the best coaches. Man I was crying when we didn't draft Micheal Thomas... Just imagine that offense...... Osu is producing some top tier talent that can be had at discounts bc they're so deep in tyquan Lewis jayln homes etc. I believe going forward they are now fine drafting osu players.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 03:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: SO WTF is the holdup on the other 2?

Could be lots of things. Katie and crew could be busy and just going in order working out the contracts. Or, their respective agents could be busy working for other players and have to set times to come here when everyone can get together. Or, it could just be some small stupid thing, like when the Titans and Mariota were going back and forth over whether or not he could surf in the off season.....
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 03:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: SO WTF is the holdup on the other 2?

Due to the new CBA, 3rd round picks are the hardest to, "slot," in terms of contract; I can't remember why, but they basically have the same problems that the old first rounders used to have.

Essentially though, because they don't make nearly as much and don't have the option of a 5th year, they WILL get done, but the talks take a bit longer.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 05:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I understood it before Meyer got there and It was tressel. They were still in the whole big 10 running the ball up the middle 1980s way of thinking. Big slow tackles  Whenbig slow defenders. Meyer got there it was fast speed etc. Ever since then uve seen the whole big ten change. They also have the best coaches. Man I was crying when we didn't draft Micheal Thomas... Just imagine that offense...... Osu is producing some top tier talent that can be had at discounts bc they're so deep in tyquan Lewis jayln homes etc. I believe going forward they are now fine drafting osu players.

True, the players are a lot more polished and more pro ready under Urban Meyer that is for sure.

Was also wanting Michael Thomas.

They sure lost a lot on the D-line in this last Draft though. Hubbard, Lewis, Holmes etc.

Worley and Baker at Linebacker...

Lot of guys to replace. Not to mention losing Price and Jamarco Jones on the O-line.

(05-23-2018, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Could be lots of things. Katie and crew could be busy and just going in order working out the contracts. Or, their respective agents could be busy working for other players and have to set times to come here when everyone can get together. Or, it could just be some small stupid thing, like when the Titans and Mariota were going back and forth over whether or not he could surf in the off season.....

(05-23-2018, 09:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Due to the new CBA, 3rd round picks are the hardest to, "slot," in terms of contract; I can't remember why, but they basically have the same problems that the old first rounders used to have.

Essentially though, because they don't make nearly as much and don't have the option of a 5th year, they WILL get done, but the talks take a bit longer.

Interesting stuff.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love easier draft pick signings since the new CBA.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote