Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno.....
Here's a good example of current Bengal Bias:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816301

Brandon Williams on the list and no Geno ? WTF
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:19 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Big difference between QB's and lineman in the HOF. QB's are judged by Super Bowl wins, not really a requirement when talking about d-lineman. What gets you in as a d-lineman is sacks.
Not saying you're not right, but Fouts is in the HOF.... Kenny pretty much stood toe to toe with him.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:14 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not saying you're not right, but Fouts is in the HOF.... Kenny pretty much stood toe to toe with him.

Fouts has 10,000 more yards and 60 more TD’s.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's a good example of current Bengal Bias:

To be fair, there is a Bengal on his list.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He is still #1 in my heart !

As he is in mine. Love me some Geno. I just don't expect the Hall to.... he doesn't play for the right teams....
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:45 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Fouts has 10,000 more yards and 60 more TD’s.

...and 82 more INT's, 1 less SB appearance, a playoff passer rating that's 23 points lower and a worse record as starter (both reg season and playoffs).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:45 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Fouts has 10,000 more yards and 60 more TD’s.

He should have more yards and TDs. We actually had a running game back in the day. SD pretty much threw it 85% of the time. Fout's also has no SB appearance.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Players voted him #63 on the all 100 list. Too High or too low? Pretty much shocked me there. I think he easily one of the top 3 DT in the game.

I was surprised by the selection at 63. Outside of Aaron Donald who is better at the 3 technique spot than Atkins?

Of course, he plays for the Bengals and that'll knock you down about 10 spots. Then our D had a down year, so that probably didn't help, as well as not making the playoffs for the second straight year.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 04:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Vontaz and AJ have never been better than Geno. He is by far our best player and it is not even debatable.

Sure it is.  Vontaze, when at his best, is not just one of the best football players on the team, but the best in the league.  AJ Green has had some seasons where he was clearly one of the top three WRs in the game.  I am hoping for a return to form with a better OC and blocking.  
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to disagree with you on this one. You can easily make the argument that Geno is the best DT in the NFL, and he's certainly top 2. He's also the only one on the team making a very good HOF case. 

You really can't say the same about AJ Green. He's certainly fallen behind Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and perhaps a few others. The magic number for WR's to get in the HOF seems to be 14,000 yards. AJ Green would need to play 5 more seasons at his current pace to (barely) hit that number. He's 30, so that doesn't seem likely. 

Burfict's presence lifts this team, but he doesn't really put up amazing stats. 

Really, I think we've grown a bit spoiled with Geno and are starting to take him for granted a bit. When he's not on that line, it's going to be a massive irreplaceable hole. They don't make many like Geno. There's only a small handful even remotely like him in the NFL. I think Green and Burfict would be easier to at least get similar production.

Just for example, we've almost always had 1100+ yard WR's in Cincy. We've had some good backers like Takeo, Simmons and (from a leadership standpoint) Dhani Jones. We've never had a DT like Geno.

Tim Krumrie was a pretty special DT.  Led the team in tackles from that position one season.  Incredible.  I hear ya on AJ Green.  I guess I am looking more at the "not many guys could do that" standpoint.  And while I think Geno is a great talent, I think what I have seen Burfict and Green do, which is completely take over a game by themselves, I have not seen from Geno. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 07:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tim Krumrie was a pretty special DT.  Led the team in tackles from that position one season.  Incredible.  I hear ya on AJ Green.  I guess I am looking more at the "not many guys could do that" standpoint.  And while I think Geno is a great talent, I think what I have seen Burfict and Green do, which is completely take over a game by themselves, I have not seen from Geno. 

Watching Krumrie play was something special, and as soon as he broke his leg I knew that Super Bowl was lost....
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 07:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tim Krumrie was a pretty special DT.  Led the team in tackles from that position one season.  Incredible.  I hear ya on AJ Green.  I guess I am looking more at the "not many guys could do that" standpoint.  And while I think Geno is a great talent, I think what I have seen Burfict and Green do, which is completely take over a game by themselves, I have not seen from Geno. 

Pittsburgh game, 2012.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 07:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching Krumrie play was something special, and as soon as he broke his leg I knew that Super Bowl was lost....

I did as well. Krumrie's work regiment was legendary, actually ahead of time back then, even though it was old school.
We should have won both our SBs and I'm still pissed about it!
Reply/Quote

When I say "like Geno" I mean a guy that can rack up 10 sacks in any given season and constantly collapses the pocket.

Love and respect Krumrie, but he was not that guy.

To the rest, I don't really recall many games where Burfict "took over a game by himself". Maybe the Pittsburgh playoff game would be closest, but he also stung us in the end. As much as some would disagree, AJ Green needs Dalton to take over a game. Rarely does he have a big game where Dalton didn't play well or at least do a good job getting him the ball.

Geno's position is more 1 on 1. Him vs defender. Less reliant on teammates. But his play can elevate the play of his teammates. When he's doing the dirty work, collapsing pockets or commanding double teams, it makes others look good. The sacks are big, but it's the "little things" that fans don't typically notice that make Geno's impact huge.

That said, Geno does have 9 multi-sack games, and I'd love to see a game log of his pressures and QB hits. I think his impact has been far beyond Burfict.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t back read all the replies. NFL.com released their top 10 dl. Donald, Gerald McCoy and fletcher cox were the only ones ranked higher than geno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 01:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I didn’t back read all the replies. NFL.com released their top 10 dl. Donald, Gerald McCoy and fletcher cox were the only ones ranked higher than geno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t watch enough of those other guys and have to rely mostly on stats, but it’s hard to believe there’s 3 better DT’s than Geno out there.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t watch enough of those other guys and have to rely mostly on stats, but it’s hard to believe there’s 3 better DT’s than Geno out there.

I don't really have a problem with those rankings.  Geno could be 2 or 3.  The next couple guys behind him are pretty too.  After Donald the next few are really close
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 10:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don't really have a problem with those rankings.  Geno could be 2 or 3.  The next couple guys behind him are pretty too.  After Donald the next few are really close

I don’t think any of them are pretty. Far from it. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think any of them are pretty. Far from it. Tongue

Lol, that was supposed to read pretty close
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's a good example of current Bengal Bias:

LMFAO.  Look out for the 4.5 career sack count monster!  He'll get ya!  
Reply/Quote