Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno.....
Players voted him #63 on the all 100 list. Too High or too low? Pretty much shocked me there. I think he easily one of the top 3 DT in the game.
Reply/Quote
He's a Bengal so it's a no brainier that he's not in the top ten.. I'm kind of surprised he's in the top 100.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only DT I’d take over him is Aaron Donald, Geno is about to be 30 and still killing it. I wish he never had that injury on Halloween few years back against Miami bc he was on pace to be a hall of famer.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 01:14 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Only DT I’d take over him is Aaron Donald, Geno is about to be 30 and still killing it. I wish he never had that injury on Halloween few years back against Miami bc he was on pace to be a hall of famer.

...damn thursday night games.
Reply/Quote
His ranking would mean there's about 2 players per team better than him, on average.

Think about that, and you tell me if he's ranked too low.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I do believe the first year of the "Top 100" Geno was number 13 and stayed in the teens until the knee injury. Since then, he has been in the 50's and 60's but that's because of others with better name recognition get the higher spots.

Geno is, in my opinion, a first ballot Hall of Famer but since he is a Bengal and because of the position, it will take him until his second year of eligibility. He will be a Hall of Famer though.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His ranking would mean there's about 2 players per team better than him, on average.

sounds about right when you consider DT isn't a very flashy position

Not worried about a 63 rank... just wondering how many if any DTs finish higher.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His ranking would mean there's about 2 players per team better than him, on average.

You make a good point. I pretty much know Green will be our only other player to be ranked. I would have Geno though down about around #50 player honestly. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds about right when you consider DT isn't a very flashy position

Not worried about a 63 rank... just wondering how many if any DTs finish higher.

Suh is #61, if I remember correctly.  Fletcher for the Eagles was like 68,67 I think.  If they put someone else, besides Donald, above these 3 guys, I'm shaking my head??
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds about right when you consider DT isn't a very flashy position

It's not supposed to be a flashy position, yet Geno is still flashy and makes an obvious huge impact.

Yet more proof that he should be ranked higher than he is. Only he and Donald should be top 100, and their rarity should be considered.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Suh is #61, if I remember correctly.  Fletcher for the Eagles was like 68,67 I think.  If they put someone else, besides Donald, above these 3 guys, I'm shaking my head??

Calias Campbell will be up there
Reply/Quote

Great point Shake.
Reply/Quote
I'll bet the G's he tosses around don't rank him that low.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I agree with what you are saying here.....there might be two better players on his own team (Burfict and AJ Green, but AJ has slipped and Burfict is unreliable) 

Also, DTs just aren't sexy in terms of any player rankings.  The 9th best QB is probably on the list, but only one other DT? I don't know that to be true, but there aren't many. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Suh is #61, if I remember correctly.  Fletcher for the Eagles was like 68,67 I think.  If they put someone else, besides Donald, above these 3 guys, I'm shaking my head??

he's had the most sacks of any dt since he came into the league...not a stellar year for him but he must be above suh.

Campbell and Donald deserve to be ahead of him on last year play...cox will probably be ahead because of eagles super bowl.

for the longest time I wanted a wrecking ball at dt - the fact we got geno and in the 4th rd and he's turned into the force he is...I continue to be thankful we have him but we really need to help him out a bit more as he gets older
Reply/Quote
Going to say a lot of this lack of respect is due to the Bengals and not the player.

Reply/Quote
Geno will need a few more productive years to even be even considered for HOF. Add in the anti-Bengals bias, and that still might not be enough for him to get to Canton. Put him in Pittsburgh or New York and he in on the first ballot.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 03:24 PM)sonofstat Wrote: he's had the most sacks of any dt since he came into the league...not a stellar year for him but he must be above suh.

Campbell and Donald deserve to be ahead of him on last year play...cox will probably be ahead because of eagles super bowl.

for the longest time I wanted a wrecking ball at dt - the fact we got geno and in the 4th rd and he's turned into the force he is...I continue to be thankful we have him but we really need to help him out a bit more as he gets older

Sorry but I meant to say they had Fletcher Cox at like 67.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 03:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree with what you are saying here.....there might be two better players on his own team (Burfict and AJ Green, but AJ has slipped and Burfict is unreliable) 

Also, DTs just aren't sexy in terms of any player rankings.  The 9th best QB is probably on the list, but only one other DT? I don't know that to be true, but there aren't many. 

Vontaz and AJ have never been better than Geno. He is by far our best player and it is not even debatable.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think he has the coolest sack celebration. Although it appears he isn’t celebrating, he’s actually wolfin’.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote