Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Geoff Hobson is Back
(02-14-2024, 11:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: God lord you folks are sad.  He isn't even a reporter.  He WORKS for the Bengals.  He reports what he's told to report.  He's doing his job.

The only clueless people are the ones who think he's going to report real news and then get upset when he doesn't.

(02-14-2024, 11:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: Geoff is pushing the Brown talking points. Like it or not the FA period will return to the pre Zac era budgeting plan.

There is going to be a lot of disappointed fans.

If Geoff is the voice of MB and spewing things like this when you know better, then that's code for welcome back to the 90's.

I prefer to lean on the positive side and settle with the possibility he just may not know what the heck he's talking about.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hobson is clueless on the cap and the process.

He constantly talks about how you need a cap pool for the drafted rookies, but what he doesn't understand is that you are replacing vets on the team who are already hitting the cap with those said rookies. 53 players is 53 players. It's not an additional 7 players you are adding to the roster. You're replacing.

I suggest you all watch this Bengals free agency sim. Much better explanation on what the Bengals could really do:

I would hope Hobson understands that at this point but is just being conservative by just blocking out the entire cap space for the rookie salaries without accounting for displacement.
Although if you wanted to be conservative, you could just factor in the vet minimum salaries that displacement could cause.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote