Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geoff says Mixon will get 15-20 carries week 1
(08-04-2017, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: No they dress the same amount every week. WHO dresses depends on health..They dress 3 RBs 1 plays special teams on the kick/punt and coverage teams.

How many at each position depend on health because you are stuck with what they have on the 53 to choose from.They can dress 3 HB and none play special teams, it is all preference. We will have to see, but they have talked about a 3 back rotation....can't do that if one of them isn't dressed. Just saying!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: LenDale White 2.0

That's a surprisingly apt comparison that I hadn't thought of before.

Man.. LenDale helped me out in '07 and '08 fantasy football. He was TD Vulture #2 back then, behind Marion Barber. Lol

If only Hill had half the running desire as Marion Barber, though. Or the hands.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hill will still get goal line carries. The guy was actually really good at scoring inside the 10. It is about the only place he runs like he did as a rookie.
I agree about the bolded but that's not enough to keep him in my eyes.

Plus, think about how much that has to piss off the rest of the offense doing all the work in getting the ball down inside the 10 and then having Hill vulture it and dance like he did all the work.

If group celebrations were still allowed, it might not piss me and the team off as much, but his celebrations don't get me excited, they're just played out and annoy me.

And don't get me wrong because I love celebrations, but his just make me say "what the hell are you gloating about."
(08-04-2017, 12:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, Hill is good at this. Give him these and he will punch it in.
He didn't do much besides run downhill.  Anyone with any size could have done it, and Mixon's about the same size.  He didn't run anyone over or make any spectacular moves or do much that was even noteworthy besides for score.  He was often untouched.

Sometimes, he might take a hit, but normally it was from the side and his momentum just carried him into the endzone, which anyone can do that.
(08-04-2017, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would be extremely surprised if Marvin gives Mixon 15-20 carries in Game 1. Even if Mixon plays great in camp...the Bengals typically don't rely on rookies heavily.
But Marvin doesn't normally talk-up rookies or even give them much PT, which is another reason why I think Hill's time is running short.

I also think that they might do it as a way to please the fans because I know I'm still pissed at him for the fumble and his dancing when he runs in from one yard like he just won the Super Bowl by himself makes me sick to my stomach.

Don't get me wrong because I love celebrations, but he's wearing thin on me.
(08-04-2017, 02:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: How many dress depends on who is healthy.  I am telling you right now, Jeremy Hill will be there and active on game days barring a trade.

If Mixon tears-it-up in the preseason, I can see Hill being cut.
Reply/Quote
My prediction is that Mixon will only get 15-20 carries week 1 if Hill is traded or hurt. The only way he gets traded is if another team has injuries and are desperate, and offer up good trade bait.

But if Hill isn't hurt or traded, I am going to give an ejukated guess that Mixon gets around 10 carries at most, as Hill gets the rest. Gio will be the primary 3rd down back if fully recovered.

The biggest reason for that guess basically depends on Hill knowing the offense better from audibles to picking up pass rushers.

I do not see Hill being cut in any scenario either, as it makes little sense to do so when all you have is Gio left.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Plus, think about how much that has to piss off the rest of the offense doing all the work in getting the ball down inside the 10 and then having Hill vulture it and dance like he did all the work.

If group celebrations were still allowed, it might not piss me and the team off as much, but his celebrations don't get me excited, they're just played out and annoy me.

And don't get me wrong because I love celebrations, but his just make me say "what the hell are you gloating about."
He didn't do much besides run downhill.  Anyone with any size could have done it, and Mixon's about the same size.  He didn't run anyone over or make any spectacular moves or do much that was even noteworthy besides for score.  He was often untouched.
I would go out on a limb and say it does not piss off anyone on the Cincinnati Bengals when Jeremy Hill scores a TD
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 06:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: My prediction is that Mixon will only get 15-20 carries week 1 if Hill is traded or hurt. The only way he gets traded is if another team has injuries and are desperate, and offer up good trade bait.

But if Hill isn't hurt or traded, I am going to give an ejukated guess that Mixon gets around 10 carries at most, as Hill gets the rest. Gio will be the primary 3rd down back if fully recovered.

The biggest reason for that guess basically depends on Hill knowing the offense better from audibles to picking up pass rushers.

I do not see Hill being cut in any scenario either, as it makes little sense to do so when all you have is Gio left.

I strongly disagree with that bit. Hill is not anywhere near as good at picking up pass rushers as Gio. So Hill won't get more snaps based off of his pass blocking/blitz pickup.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 06:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I strongly disagree with that bit. Hill is not anywhere near as good at picking up pass rushers as Gio. So Hill won't get more snaps based off of his pass blocking/blitz pickup.

I was saying that in regards to Mixon, not Gio. Gio should be the 3rd down back primarily, as Hill & Mixon will split the 1st and 2nd downs (I'm guessing it will be a series thing). Hill already knowing the offense will help him get snaps early on was my point until Mixon gets up to speed in the mental game.

Im also not saying I agree or disagree with it, just what I think the Bengals will do.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 06:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: My prediction is that Mixon will only get 15-20 carries week 1 if Hill is traded or hurt. The only way he gets traded is if another team has injuries and are desperate, and offer up good trade bait.

I think Gio will get most of the third and long snaps, as well as those when we are inside our own 20.  I think Hill and Mixon will split the medium and short yardage snaps.
Reply/Quote
RB is a position that is relatively easy to transition from college to pro. The toughest thing to pick up is said to be blocking, and Mixon is already a pretty polished blocker. I don't take Hobson's word as Gospel, but I wouldn't shrug it off, either. Dude is the mouthpiece of the team, so he doesn't talk out of his ass often.

Mixon needs a shot. Regardless of some trying to convince us of otherwise, Hill has been pretty awful and the run game as a whole is in desperate need of a jolt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it will be more around 10-15, but that's in the ballpark.

If it's anything like last year, Cincinnati averaged 65.6 offensive plays per game (11th in NFL) and 42.48% of those were run plays.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/plays-per-game
That equals 27.87 rush plays per game, but we'll round up to 28 for the simplicity sake.

Therefore, I predict the following...
Mixon: 10-15 (on the higher side until Gio is fully healthy)
Hill: 5-10 (on the higher side until Gio is fully healthy)
Bernard: 5-10 (closer to higher side once fully healthy)
Dalton will have no more than a few designed runs too

Let's hope we don't repeat a crappy running game again (like 2016), if so we can get at least 35 carries a game
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:27 PM)Synric Wrote: 10 to 15 snaps for Gio as the 3rd down/pass blocking back....if it goes like that Hill is shit out of luck lol.

Hill should be shit out of luck. I was listening to Tony Pike's report from training camp, on the way home today, and he said that Gio and Mixon have regularly made 'wow' plays while there has been none of that from Hill. Saw someone's tweet the other day where they showed Hill get a carry and fall down pretty much on his own as he was breaking through the line. The very next carry, Mixon went off the right side, through the line and down the sideline untouched.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 06:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would go out on a limb and say it does not piss off anyone on the Cincinnati Bengals when Jeremy Hill scores a TD

Not that they're mad that he scores, just the fact that he dances around like he did all the work.

It might not even be much, but I just think it would build team comradery if the player that got them down there scored and they could be fired up together on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 02:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This is Geoff Hobson talking, not a Bengals coach or player. "Have to think" is not equal to "do". Marvin Lewis will play him 5 snaps per game the first 4 games. The slowest person alive to make any adjustments.
None in actual games.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would be extremely surprised if Marvin gives Mixon 15-20 carries in Game 1. Even if Mixon plays great in camp...the Bengals typically don't rely on rookies heavily.

He did with Hill as a rookie?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 11:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He did with Hill as a rookie?

True, but not from game 1. Gio had to get injured before Hill was given starter level touches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 05:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a surprisingly apt comparison that I hadn't thought of before.

Man.. LenDale helped me out in '07 and '08 fantasy football. He was TD Vulture #2 back then, behind Marion Barber. Lol

If only Hill had half the running desire as Marion Barber, though. Or the hands.

It is a great comparison.

(08-04-2017, 08:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hill should be shit out of luck. I was listening to Tony Pike's report from training camp, on the way home today, and he said that Gio and Mixon have regularly made 'wow' plays while there has been none of that from Hill. Saw someone's tweet the other day where they showed Hill get a carry and fall down pretty much on his own as he was breaking through the line. The very next carry, Mixon went off the right side, through the line and down the sideline untouched.

Man, this is telling. Hill has some mental problems he needs to work out. Too bad, he was a good RB as a rookie.

Mixon is a crazy talent though, expect big things from this man. Big, fast and extremely versatile.
Reply/Quote