Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting
(09-02-2015, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can almost see the possibility of defending this guy during his first bout with fame, but everything he has done since then really seems like a giant middle finger to the world.  As long as you kill and/or assault black males with criminal records or women who won't press chargers you're golden.

He obviously isn't a nice man. based on his behavior after the incident. But he was innocent of any crime.
(09-03-2015, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He obviously isn't a nice man.  based on his behavior after the incident.    But he was innocent of any crime.

He's a low-life thug.  And there's no way you can say he was innocent of any crime, there just wasn't enough evidence he was guilty.
(09-03-2015, 02:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He's a low-life thug.  And there's no way you can say he was innocent of any crime, there just wasn't enough evidence he was guilty.

Your allowed to defend yourself here. It shouldn't have gotten to that .... But TM's girlfriend made it worse by telling him GZ was a gay guy trying to rape him. That's why there was a fight. No disputing that GZ wasnt being over the top with his following TM. But had his girl friend not told him this then he goes home and never a conflict.
(09-03-2015, 02:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your allowed to defend yourself here.   It shouldn't have gotten to that ....  But TM's girlfriend made it worse by telling him GZ was a gay guy trying to rape him.    That's why there was a fight.    No disputing that GZ wasnt being over the top  with his following TM.   But had his girl friend not told him this then he goes home and never a conflict.

But you're making the assumption that Travon circled back to confront Zimmerman and not that Zimmerman found him and initiated the confrontation.  The girlfriend's comment are merely reasonable doubt and not proof Zimmerman was defending himself against an attack he didn't start.

If all the crap involving Zimmerman since were presented to a jury he might not be so fortunate in the outcome.
(09-03-2015, 02:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But you're making the assumption that Travon circled back to confront Zimmerman and not that Zimmerman found him and initiated the confrontation.  The girlfriend's comment are merely reasonable doubt and not proof Zimmerman was defending himself against an attack he didn't start.

TM was on top of GZ beating him up. He pulled his gun out to get him off. Here in Florida you can kill someone if your Defending yourself. That's what many don't understand. It's not like other states where it's an actual crime.
(09-03-2015, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet when I explain to you that there are things a country does for the poor just because we are human and care about the poor you say 

"Charity is the answer."  

Clearly people like you are the reason that private charity is not the answer.  You basically say that if OTHER people want to take care of some poor people then let them, but there is no way you consider the poor "your responsibility".  The reason priovate charity does not work is because too many people think like you.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

It's not a compassionate thing to force the government to rob other people of their money to give to someone else. 

I do a lot of charity work, and do it because I believe in the causes and because I choose to.  I have zero control over government spending, who gets the money, or the level of fraud and abuse involved. 
(09-03-2015, 03:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: TM was on top of GZ beating him up.   He pulled his gun out to get him off.     Here in Florida you can kill someone if your Defending yourself.   That's what many don't understand.   It's not like other states where it's an actual crime.

And then brag how you killed the guy who was kicking your ass after you followed him when you were told not to because you weren't trained to handle the situation.

'Murica!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-03-2015, 03:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: TM was on top of GZ beating him up.   He pulled his gun out to get him off.     Here in Florida you can kill someone if your Defending yourself.   That's what many don't understand.   It's not like other states where it's an actual crime.

I don't have an issue with the concept of defending yourself so much as what people deem "defending yourself."  And it's odd you brush off Zimmerman's criminal thuggery when Trayvon's criminal thuggery is the very reason we even dare to assume Zimmerman was not guilty in the first place.

The case was based around Zimmerman defending himself, but everything he has done since (and some compelling evidence regarding the case itself) make it pretty clear he is obviously a man who has the penchant to go on the offense.  That's what is off-putting about the guy.  It's like the Forensic Files cases where a man kills his wife  for the insurance and gets caught because he drew attention to himself by living it up and having 16 mistresses right after his wife "tragically" died. You just wonder why these people are stupid enough to act so damn guilty when they are trying to seem very not-guilty.

It's the oldest trick in the book; target unsympathetic characters and you have a better chance of getting away with it.  I'm not saying Zimmerman should be in jail, I just think people who defend him are being inordinately naive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

No, you CANNOT use lethal force just because you're getting your ass kicked in a fight you started, even if you're being beaten unconcious (because it was actually the other guy who was defending himself). 

Zimmerman was acquitted only because there was ample reasonable doubt he started the fight.
(09-03-2015, 04:48 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, you CANNOT use lethal force just because you're getting your ass kicked in a fight you started, even if you're being beaten unconcious (because it was actually the other guy who was defending himself). 

Zimmerman was acquitted only because there was ample reasonable doubt he started the fight.

In Florida if you feel in danger you can kill your attacker as a last resort.
(09-03-2015, 04:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In Florida if you feel in danger you can kill your attacker as a last resort.

That is the stand your ground law, which Zimmerman did not assert as a defense.

And, no, stand your ground does not apply to a fight you started.  You are still criminally liable for lethal action even if your life is threatened in a fight you started.
(09-03-2015, 05:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That is the stand your ground law, which Zimmerman did not assert as a defense.

And, no, stand your ground does not apply to a fight you started.  You are still criminally liable for lethal action even if your life is threatened in a fight you started.

It's an asinine law.  Martin stood his  ground to defend himself because he felt threatened.  Too bad there is no fist and knuckle lobby to have taken up his (Martin's) cause the way the gun lobby took up Jorge's.  George Zimmerman is dictionary definition of a p***y.  The type that hides behind a gun or a pit bull because he is a chump.  It's too bad he didn't actually fight DMX like he was supposed to last year.  I would have loved to see him get his nose splattered again....  And in all likelihood shot afterward.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(09-03-2015, 05:56 PM)jason Wrote: It's an asinine law.  Martin stood his  ground to defend himself because he felt threatened. 

Yeah, there's no proof of that.
(09-03-2015, 05:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That is the stand your ground law, which Zimmerman did not assert as a defense.

Is there evidence that GZ started the fight ?
I mean, I may be missing something here.
I truly hope people are not equating his following Martin as starting the fight.
(09-03-2015, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He obviously isn't a nice man. based on his behavior after the incident. But he was innocent of any crime.

Not guilty =/= innocent.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-03-2015, 06:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not guilty =/= innocent.

Innocent of murder

Guilty of being weird
(09-03-2015, 06:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there evidence that GZ started the fight ?
I mean,  I may be missing something here.
I truly hope people are not equating his following Martin as starting the fight.

That's exactly what they are doing.  
(09-03-2015, 06:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there evidence that GZ started the fight ?

No, and that's why he wasn't convicted.

Lucie was confused that whether GZ started the fight was relevant.  It is relevant, and if it was known he started the fight he'd most likely be in jail for murder (the exception being you stopped fighting and tried to leave, and the other person pursued and continued attacking).
I mean,  I may be missing something here.

I don't recall the specifics of the case, mostly because I was sick of the whole thing before it even started, but I believe law enforcement told GZ not to engage TM if he thought he was a suspicious person and to let law enforcement handle it.  GZ was in a vehicle and no interaction needed to take place, but he confronted him.

I'm not 100% sure GZ started things, but it's hard for me to see a person who has a criminal record of assault and issues with women and authority getting into an altercation and assuming he wasn't an active participant in the affair.

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law.

— July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of resisting an officer with violence near the University of Central Florida campus after a scuffle with police. The charges were eventually dropped after Zimmerman entered an alcohol education program.

— August 2005, Zimmerman's former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman responded by requesting a restraining order against her. Both requests were granted. No criminal charges were filed.

— February 2012, Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a confrontation in the community where Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder but acquitted after a trial in July 2013.

— July 2013, police in Foley, Texas, stop Zimmerman for speeding in a 60 mph zone. Zimmerman is let go with just a warning.

— September 2013, Zimmerman is stopped by police in Lake Mary, Fla., and given a ticket for doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.

— September 2013, Zimmerman's estranged wife, Shellie, dials 911 and tells a police dispatcher that her punched her father and threatened her with a gun. She later decides against pressing charges and authorities announce in November they are dropping the case.

— September 2013, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper stops Zimmerman along Interstate 95 and issues a warning because the vehicle's tag cover and windows were too darkly tinted.

— November 2013, Zimmerman is arrested by Seminole County authorities after a disturbance at a home in Apopka.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/18/list-george-zimmerman-past-run-ins-with-law/

What astounds me is that GZ is a minority with criminal history before and after this event and right-wingers defend him…because he killed a black kid with a less than sterling record himself?  Wacky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-03-2015, 06:30 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, and that's why he wasn't convicted.

Lucie was confused that whether GZ started the fight was relevant.  It is relevant, and if it was known he started the fight he'd most likely be in jail for murder (the exception being you stopped fighting and tried to leave, and the other person pursued and continued attacking).

So when is said he was innocent i was correct.

And we know he didn't start the fight because TM girlfriend told him that GZ was a gay guy trying to rape him. That's why TM attacked and confronted GZ. He actually thought he was gonna get raped.