Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germaine Pratt....time to replace him
7 games in Im not seeing anything special about this guy.
Im.not seeing any kind of playmaking ability.
What Iam seeing is him getting beat in coverage.
What Iam.seeing is him making zero.plays on.the field
When.This defense needs a stop, he is nowhere to be found (among others)
Hes a liability out there.
Hes hurting more than helping
He needs to be benched
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 7 games in Im not seeing anything special about this  guy.
Im.not seeing any kind of playmaking ability.
What Iam seeing is him getting beat in coverage.
What Iam.seeing is him making zero.plays on.the field
When.This defense needs a stop, he is nowhere to be found (among others)
Hes a liability out there.
Hes hurting more than helping
He needs to be benched

For...

Still need someone to take the snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team just can not draft good LBers. Hopefully we at least have one out of Wilson, ADG, or Bailey.

Pratt is MEH.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: For...

Still need someone to take the snaps.

Not necessarily.  No one being out there is no different than him being benched
Reply/Quote
Even though we’ve seen a few flashes, none of the LBers have played consistently well. A couple of possibilities, bad coaching, bad scheme. Their position coach is the genius that goes into prevent defense and rushes only three guys on every third down.
Reply/Quote
He.was drafted to be that sideline to sideline seek and destroy
Playmaking LB. Hes been anything but.
I.have yet to.see him stonewall a RB in.his tracks
Or stay on.the hip of a RB or TE.
On.that TD by Hunt he wasnt even.in.the same zipcode
As him. He has no instincts to be a true gamechanger
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He.was drafted to be that sideline to sideline seek and destroy
Playmaking LB. Hes been anything but.
I.have yet to.see him stonewall a RB in.his tracks
Or stay on.the hip of a RB or TE.
On.that TD by Hunt he wasnt even.in.the same zipcode
As him. He has no instincts to be a true gamechanger

Not the role the LBers are being used in this scheme. They are being asked to drop in coverage a lot and play between the tackles. If it was just him playing badly I might agree with you, but this is a whole defense problem. Let’s also keep in mind he is still only a second year player that was a converted safety drafted in the third round. A player like that needs development time.

At the rate we’re blaming players, we’re going to run out of players to blame soon. Maybe by then the fans that haven’t yet will realize the problem is with the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
Who is playing well on D? I'm hesitant to blame players. Pratt flashed last year. All the players are regressing.

How can you tell who's at fault.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not the role the LBers are being used in this scheme. They are being asked to drop in coverage a lot and play between the tackles. If it was just him playing badly I might agree with you, but this is a whole defense problem. Let’s also keep in mind he is still only a second year player that was a converted safety drafted in the third round. A player like that needs development time.

At the rate we’re blaming players, we’re going to run out of players to blame soon. Maybe by then the fans that haven’t yet will realize the problem is with the coaching staff.

(10-25-2020, 09:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who is playing well on D? I'm hesitant to blame players. Pratt flashed last year. All the players are regressing.

Careful with that common sense type thinking around these parts....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who is playing well on D? I'm hesitant to blame players. Pratt flashed last year. All the players are regressing.

Jesse Bates. But he’s about the only one.

Reply/Quote

Bates.

What did I win?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not the role the LBers are being used in this scheme. They are being asked to drop in coverage a lot and play between the tackles. If it was just him playing badly I might agree with you, but this is a whole defense problem. Let’s also keep in mind he is still only a second year player that was a converted safety drafted in the third round. A player like that needs development time.

I.think.This coaching staff needs to be shown the door.
Ive been preaching such for weeks
Some players are playing well despite the ineptitude of the coaching staff.
But at what point do.you.shift.part of the blame to.The players?
I think.Logan.Wilson has outplayed Pratt. 
Pratt has yet to.cause a fumble....recover one....deflect a pass...
Sack the QB....has he even tackled a RB for a loss?
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson with a costly high schooler mistake. Lining up offsides.
Reply/Quote
Fire Lou and bring in Wade.
Reply/Quote
ADG and Wilson should be playing more but I don't think Pratt should be benched completely unlike Bynes. Who is a good player that is playing way too much just to un athletic in pass coverage.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's like the car is on fire and we are worried about the tires needing to be replaced.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Dunlap has many backers in that room...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think Dunlap has many backers in that room...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don’t know how they can keep Dunlap around ?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:45 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Fire Lou and bring in Wade.

It that easy. Remember we have Lou cause guys like Wade refused to come here. I want Lou gone as much as anyone but it’s not going to change a damn thing this year or even next.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think Dunlap has many backers in that room...

I hope you're right but I doubt it. I bet a lot of the Defensive guys agree with him or at least have sympathy with his situation.
The offense seems to love Taylor and the Defense seems to hate Lou. I wonder if that is creating animosity between the two units?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote