Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Police: Asylum seekers taking over the illegal drug trade.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/26/german-police-worried-asylum-seekers-taking-drug-trade/

Quote:Police in the northern German region of Schleswig-Holstein have expressed concern over finding more and more asylum seekers involved in peddling illegal narcotics and fear the drug gangs could take over the area using violence.

Lübeck police are noticing a rise in the number of mass brawls in the city, some of which have seen the use of knives and involving 20 people at a time. Police say there have been 12 such incidents since May and many involve asylum seekers who have links to the illegal drug trade, Schleswig-Holsteinische Zeitungsverlag reports.

Real Estate Leads, CRM, Reporting & Powerful Performance

Learn how the top teams & brokerages are driving success. Real Estate Leads, CRM, IDX...

“Regarding some of the brawls, we know they definitely had a drug background,” said Stefan Muhtz, spokesman of the Directorate of Lübeck. Though the men involved are asylum seekers from Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and North Africa, Muhtz said: “We are not aware of ethnic conflicts.”

“The consumption of hard drugs and drug trafficking are increasing,” Muhtz added.

Traditionally, it has been Germans and Russian-Germans who have been behind illegal drugs trafficking, but police say they have noticed more and more asylum seekers involved.

Lübeck is not the only place to see mass brawls involving asylum seekers and drugs. In Eutin, four men were injured after a group of 15 asylum seekers fought each other with bats and knives. The market square where the brawl occurred was later declared a “dangerous place” by local police.

In the German capital of Berlin, police are also noticing an increase of asylum seekers becoming involved in the drug trade. Arab gangs in the city are said to be actively recruiting low-level dealers in asylum homes by enticing them with quick and relatively easy cash.

In neighbouring Austria, authorities have noticed more and more asylum seekers becoming active in peddling drugs, especially in Vienna. The influx of Nigerian migrants, who make up a vast proportion of those selling drugs on the streets, has driven up drug crime by 10 per cent.

Another worrying trend that emerged during the investigation into the Berlin Christmas market terror attack has been the increased connection between the drug trade and radical Islamic Salafists. The man responsible for the attack, failed Tunisian asylum seeker Anis Amri, was known to have been involved selling drugs in Berlin.

In late May, police in Berlin arrested nine asylum seekers thought to be dealing drugs. They later found out that four of the men were not only radical Islamists but had direct links to the Islamic State terror group.

Brought to you by the Mother of all migrants.... Angela Merkel.
(06-27-2017, 12:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In neighbouring Austria, authorities have noticed more and more asylum seekers becoming active in peddling drugs, especially in Vienna. The influx of Nigerian migrants, who make up a vast proportion of those selling drugs on the streets, has driven up drug crime by 10 per cent.

Breitbart needs to get its story straight. What is the problem now in Vienna? Asylum seekers or Nigerian migrants? If it's the latter, what do they have to do with Merkel?

I care because Breitbart shouldn't talk nonsense about my city, which has some crime like every city does, but remains one of the safest and crimeless cities on earth. Safer than every American city, so there's that. 

10% drug crime rise, not knowing if that is accurate, but the rise itself is mostly due to additional police raids, leading to more reported offenses. We laid a focus on drugs recently, for whatever reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-27-2017, 05:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Breitbart needs to get its story straight. What is the problem now in Vienna? Asylum seekers or Nigerian migrants? If it's the latter, what do they have to do with Merkel?

I care because Breitbart shouldn't talk nonsense about my city, which has some crime like every city does, but remains one of the safest and crimeless cities on earth. Safer than every American city, so there's that. 

10% drug crime rise, not knowing if that is accurate, but the rise itself is mostly due to additional police raids, leading to more reported offenses. We laid a focus on drugs recently, for whatever reason.

Ah, see there is a narrative that needs pushed so the story needs to support that narrative.  

It's like going to see a movie...sometimes you have to suspend all reality to understand how they move forward with the giant plot holes.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-27-2017, 08:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, see there is a narrative that needs pushed so the story needs to support that narrative.  

It's like going to see a movie...sometimes you have to suspend all reality to understand how they move forward with the giant plot holes.  Smirk

so basically lucies post is just a michael bay movie
People suck
Guy from Florida using an Alt Right website or the German... hmmm, who to trust?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-27-2017, 09:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Guy from Florida using an Alt Right website or the German... hmmm, who to trust?

I know they all look alike to you, but he's Austrian. If you want a German's opinion, you'll have to wait for Matt.LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-27-2017, 05:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Breitbart needs to get its story straight. What is the problem now in Vienna? Asylum seekers or Nigerian migrants? If it's the latter, what do they have to do with Merkel?

Always this need to manufacture "a problem" with the article when truth hits.

Its merely stating other nearby places that this problem is occurring.
(06-27-2017, 09:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I know they all look alike to you, but he's Austrian.    If you want a German's opinion, you'll have to wait for Matt.LOL

Crickey. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-27-2017, 11:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Crickey. 

Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

The Story had links to original reporting.

Just shows what a scourge all these people are on Europe and the west. Poland is doing it right by rejecting these people. They know what an invading force looks like and when to not allow bad people into your country.

Also had this where gangs were targeting the invaders.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05/13/berlin-gangs-using-asylum-centres-recruit-new-criminals/
(06-27-2017, 12:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Story had links to original reporting.  

Just shows what a scourge all these people are on Europe and the west.   Poland is doing it right by rejecting these people.    They know what an invading force looks like and when to not allow bad people into your country.  

Also had this where gangs were targeting the invaders.  
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05/13/berlin-gangs-using-asylum-centres-recruit-new-criminals/

Wow, this is some rhetorics you're using here. An "invading force"?

Here's what''s the problem with the kind of information Breitbart spreads. The sources are indeed there, seldomly have they invented something out of nothing (there are examples where they did just that, though). But they just throw a one-sided, biased look on things and interpret it in a way that leaves important aspects out. Nope, not everything is great with refugees. But the answer "they are bad people" is too simple.

A refugee usually has to wait whether he can stay or not. Could be years. Years where the refugee literally can't so anything. Can't work, can't build anything, just waiting and possibly getting thrown out of the country every day - or night, for they get thrown out at 3 am, usually. While recieving aid that just is barely enough to survive when they don't have things like a medical condition or some other additional needs. Many probably traumatized in one way or another by a cruel civil war they fled from.

Now what would you expect from people thrown into that situation? Sure they are prone to crime when recruited. Most aren't, some are. Not that it's justifyable, not saying they do the right thing, not saying there aren't problems. But the answer is a bit more complicated. You got to see the reasons behing things, not just go "they are all bad people" or invaders like the Nazis were. That is demagogry of the most dangerous kind, spread by Breitbart, uncritically repeated by you. I take issue with that, just as I would with someone uncritically going all left-wing blind on the problems that exist.

Most Europeans thought and still think we could be a bit more humane than that, we have some obligation to help those who try to escape death and destruction. Majorities still won't give in to terror by vilifying everyone from a muslim country. Now you Americans do travel bans or whatever you want, but don't use my city as example to justify said measures.
So, people in a situation where they are without money, in a foreign land that is unfamiliar to them, and are facing a society that views them with skepticism, fear, and suspicion are turning to illegal drug trade?

Nothing surprising about this at all, just seems like a new packaging of the same sort of circumstances that push people into crime no matter where they are. Such an unfortunate situation, but not at all unique to these asylum seekers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-27-2017, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, people in a situation where they are without money, in a foreign land that is unfamiliar to them, and are facing a society that views them with skepticism, fear, and suspicion are turning to illegal drug trade?

Nothing surprising about this at all, just seems like a new packaging of the same sort of circumstances that push people into crime no matter where they are. Such an unfortunate situation, but not at all unique to these asylum seekers.

Hey Matt, if I remember correctly you were learning German trying to move to Germany. Have you made any progress towards that goal or is that more long term?
(06-27-2017, 07:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey Matt, if I remember correctly you were learning German trying to move to Germany. Have you made any progress towards that goal or is that more long term?

More long term. I am still plugging through my schooling, learning German and public policy/administration. Not that I will ever end up with a job in it because I would be starting that career a bit late, but still. LOL

In all seriousness, my path is less about moving there and being more about working within our government with Western European countries.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-27-2017, 07:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: More long term. I am still plugging through my schooling, learning German and public policy/administration. Not that I will ever end up with a job in it because I would be starting that career a bit late, but still. LOL

In all seriousness, my path is less about moving there and being more about working within our government with Western European countries.

Cool. Good luck!
(06-27-2017, 09:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Always this need to manufacture "a problem" with the article when truth hits.

Its merely stating other nearby places that this problem is occurring.

Yes, just facts. That's what I like about Breitbart reporting.  No agenda.

The far left MSM makes it seem like these refugees are ordinary humans in need of help when in fact they are Muslims.