Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO
(08-20-2023, 01:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Hmmm. A VERY excitable guy who dislikes Biden and thinks Trump would do a better job responding to the Maui fire.
He doesn't want to fuel conspiracy theories, but includes a guy who mentions "nukes" and questions about why Oprah's house
wasn't touched. And another "guest" who is supposedly a "lefty"--but is surprised that a horde of capitalists would descend on a disaster area 
looking for cheap real estate, as landlords evict tenants, and that makes him wonder if he's on the "right side of the aisle"?
(Is this just another example of political confusion, common now that "leftists" are seen everywhere, or a more deliberate misdirection?)

So exactly what has "all come out"? 

Why would you give that video wider circulation rather than than something like this link?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/08/15/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administrations-response-to-the-maui-wildfires/

HmmmHmm

I actually have family members who recently Jan 2023 moved to Maui after the Hurricane[Ian] last year nearly hit their home at Cape Coral. Again, the disaster[wild fires] nearly hit their home. They are one of the lucky ones for their home and safety as they moved and rented into a hotel on the other side of the island as soon as the disaster occur.  To me they look like they belong in the movie Final Destination. That said, I have peak interest in their safety and what is/has been going on in Maui. 

I have yet to see any positive videos or news about the people on Maui, if you do please share that with me. What you have provided was a propaganda "fact" sheet that for instance provides a whopping $700.00 per household resident. Mellow

I'd rather read a link on CNN of what is going on than read a link from the White House[Democrat or Republican administration]

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/us/maui-wildfires-hurricane-dora-sunday/index.html

As you know I am an Independent, but most of my family are Democrats. I was sent that link by a family member that is a Democrat. 
I would not have posted it if it was Fox News, Newsmax, or OAN, ironically the video starts off with a Maui resident crying on CNN. 

Dill, you make it seem that 100% of what Trump was bad and 100% of what Biden was good. Get off the left-leaning bias attitude, most people in Hawaii are liberals and that is also the persons affected in this tragedy.    

Are you telling me some of the people of Maui or not being evicted? 

The only words that I wrote is that Maui should change their name to Ukraine. That wasn't a knock on your precious Biden because many Republicans support giving $$$$ to Ukraine as well. 

And some liberals were not supportive of the war in Ukraine...

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 04:26 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I have yet to see any positive videos or news about the people on Maui, if you do please share that with me. What you have provided was a propaganda "fact" sheet that for instance provides a whopping $700.00 per household resident. Mellow
I'd rather read a link on CNN of what is going on than read a link from the White House[Democrat or Republican administration]
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/us/maui-wildfires-hurricane-dora-sunday/index.html
As you know I am an Independent, but most of my family are Democrats. I was sent that link by a family member that is a Democrat. 
I would not have posted it if it was Fox News, Newsmax, or OAN, ironically the video starts off with a Maui resident crying on CNN. 
Dill, you make it seem that 100% of what Trump was bad and 100% of what Biden was good. Get off the left-leaning bias attitude, most people in Hawaii are liberals and that is also the persons affected in this tragedy.    

The only words that I wrote is that Maui should change their name to Ukraine. That wasn't a knock on your precious Biden because many Republicans support giving $$$$ to Ukraine as well. 

Your identification of Maui with Ukraine came in the train of a discussion about whether NATO was bleeding the US dry, and whether money going to Ukraine would or should be spent in the US.

I don't know that you are an "independent" if you call a "fact sheet" posted by the WH which describes the military/federal response to the Maui fire just "propaganda." Nor if you post a wild conspiracy-mongering video whose primary message is that Biden has "done nothing." If you were following the federal response more closely you'd find billions in loans are also being released to help people there. It takes time for the Federal government to react to such disasters, though it appears military aid described in the "propaganda" appeared rather quickly.

Also, I evaluate videos like the one you posted on the merits of the content, not whether they came from Fox or Newsmax or whatever. The source cannot taint the content if the content is honest and accurate. 

I only mentioned Trump because the host of your video did, trying to turn a tragedy into anti-Biden pro Trump sentiment. How does that help the disaster response to Hawaii, and how does it help understand how to make disaster response better?

And of course I'm not telling you people aren't being evicted. I'm saying if you understand why that is, you're not going to blame some nebulous "left" and wonder if you are on the "right side of the aisle." You'll KNOW you are on the right side of the aisle, if it's the left side.

So imputing some black and white 100% this or that framework upon my evaluation seems as unfair as it is inaccurate, just because I remember how the Trump administration treated post-hurricane Puerto Rico, and how he eviscerated the NIH pandemic response before the pandemic because he thought it a waste of money. When people try and improve the government's prep and response for disasters, it is not Dems standing in their way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 04:26 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: And some liberals were not supportive of the war in Ukraine...

The rather puzzling video deserves a separate response.

1. Reid's claim that U.S. media tend to ignore disasters in browner countries, and that they do not get the same outpouring of aid is quite right.

2. That doesn't mean she cannot/shouldn't be subject to criticism, as her program does exactly the same thing. Ukraine reporting has dominated her commentary for almost two years now.

3. But your Sky commentators instead take issue with what was factually correct in Reid's report, denying that 
that there is this discrepancy both in reporting about, and response to, disasters in browner countries.  

Megan Kelly's counter-example--"When I was at Fox we covered Syria etc etc"--is especially bad in that Fox coverage fueled the anti-immigration sentiment which propelled Trump into office, as well as support for his Muslim ban. It was not framed to create support and sympathy for Syrian refugees. Fox reporting is and example of what Reid critiqued.

The response of the Sky commentators is not really about Ukraine. They are attacking "real" racism--the right wing term for the project of researching and reporting how racial bias has continued in supposedly color blind institutions since 1964. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 10:19 AM)Dill Wrote: The rather puzzling video deserves a separate response.

1. Reid's claim that U.S. media tend to ignore disasters in browner countries, and that they do not get the same outpouring of aid is quite right.

2. That doesn't mean she cannot/shouldn't be subject to criticism, as her program does exactly the same thing. Ukraine reporting has dominated her commentary for almost two years now.

3. But your Sky commentators instead take issue with what was factually correct in Reid's report, denying that 
that there is this discrepancy both in reporting about, and response to, disasters in browner countries.  

Megan Kelly's counter-example--"When I was at Fox we covered Syria etc etc"--is especially bad in that Fox coverage fueled the anti-immigration sentiment which propelled Trump into office, as well as support for his Muslim ban. It was not framed to create support and sympathy for Syrian refugees. Fox reporting is and example of what Reid critiqued.

The response of the Sky commentators is not really about Ukraine. They are attacking "real" racism--the right wing term for the project of researching and reporting how racial bias has continued in supposedly color blind institutions since 1964. 

This post made me think about how little I hear about what's going down in Niger in most news coverage and how little we have been talking about it here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 04:26 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: HmmmHmm

I actually have family members who recently Jan 2023 moved to Maui after the Hurricane[Ian] last year nearly hit their home at Cape Coral. Again, the disaster[wild fires] nearly hit their home. They are one of the lucky ones for their home and safety as they moved and rented into a hotel on the other side of the island as soon as the disaster occur.  To me they look like they belong in the movie Final Destination. That said, I have peak interest in their safety and what is/has been going on in Maui. 

I have yet to see any positive videos or news about the people on Maui, if you do please share that with me. What you have provided was a propaganda "fact" sheet that for instance provides a whopping $700.00 per household resident. Mellow

I don't want to get in the middle of your conversation, but as an aside the "whopping $700 per household" talking point has been making it's way around the interwebs and should have been thoroughly debunked by now:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fact-focus-online-posts-spread-misinformation-fema-aid-102383942#:~:text=FEMA%20has%20approved%20more%20than,clothing%2C%20food%2C%20or%20transportation.

Quote:FEMA has approved more than $5.6 million in assistance to nearly 2,000 households in Maui as of Friday. The agency is offering a one-time payment of $700 per household for needs like clothing, food, or transportation. It will also pay to put survivors up in hotels and motels and has paid out $1.6 million in rental assistance as of Friday.

https://www.fema.gov/node/fema-only-giving-hawaii-wildfire-survivors-700-household

Quote:Critical Needs Assistance provides a onetime payment of $700 to address immediate needs such as food, water and clothing. This is just one of several types of federal assistance you may be eligible to receive. As applications are reviewed, you can check your application status online or call 800-621-3362 to find out what types of disaster assistance you are eligible to receive.

Carry on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 10:17 AM)Dill Wrote: Your identification of Maui with Ukraine came in the train of a discussion about whether NATO was bleeding the US dry, and whether money going to Ukraine would or should be spent in the US.

I don't know that you are an "independent" if you call a "fact sheet" posted by the WH which describes the military/federal response to the Maui fire just "propaganda." Nor if you post a wild conspiracy-mongering video whose primary message is that Biden has "done nothing." If you were following the federal response more closely you'd find billions in loans are also being released to help people there. It takes time for the Federal government to react to such disasters, though it appears military aid described in the "propaganda" appeared rather quickly.

Also, I evaluate videos like the one you posted on the merits of the content, not whether they came from Fox or Newsmax or whatever. The source cannot taint the content if the content is honest and accurate. 

I only mentioned Trump because the host of your video did, trying to turn a tragedy into anti-Biden pro Trump sentiment. How does that help the disaster response to Hawaii, and how does it help understand how to make disaster response better?

And of course I'm not telling you people aren't being evicted. I'm saying if you understand why that is, you're not going to blame some nebulous "left" and wonder if you are on the "right side of the aisle." You'll KNOW you are on the right side of the aisle, if it's the left side.

So imputing some black and white 100% this or that framework upon my evaluation seems as unfair as it is inaccurate, just because I remember how the Trump administration treated post-hurricane Puerto Rico, and how he eviscerated the NIH pandemic response before the pandemic because he thought it a waste of money. When people try and improve the government's prep and response for disasters, it is not Dems standing in their way.

Unfortunately, I could only find Youtube videos about Joy Reid's comments on Fox and Friends and Meghan Kelly. I tried to find a Youtube video solely with MSNBC spouting her remarks. 

I asked you to find a video where residents were thanking the Government's response, but you cleverly neglected to find one. 

The host of the video was not the issue, I don't give a darn about the host it is the people of Maui that I care about. It was the fact that some residents of Maui are getting evicted, it was the fact the victims were saying with their own mouths that the Government wasn't doing anything. Again, you cleverly ignore those issues. You don't even comment about the people of the video, like the first woman talking to CNN. My comments are about the people and what they say. You whine about a White House propaganda link. I said it doesn't matter if it was a Democratic OR Republican administration's propaganda, you cry and say "it is not Dems standing in the way"  Mellow  Why don't you say it is not Government Dems or Repubs standing in the way??? There is your bias, but of course, you can't see that.  

Did I say Repubs do a good job with disaster recovery? See Bush - Katrina.

Do you think that the former Gov of NJ or the people of NY/NJ have had critical responses when this guy visited in regards to Hurricane Sandy?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfG8n7DENCmA_puiSncLq...A&usqp=CAU]

It's you and the biased members of this forum that are dividing the country. 

I asked you is Trump 100% bad and Biden 100% good, but you neglect that as well. 

Not you, but an ignorant person said I was MAGA. That's funny as I repeatedly said I voted for Obama and Bill Clinton and Bill was my favorite President of my lifetime. 

As I started my response on this thread for the people of Maui and they should rename their island Ukraine.  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5soXEDtnj_ldx7vErrNp...w&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8BCzK13dAlfUxMEVHBTJ...M&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkhdKijJcan49CHG_zRy9...Q&usqp=CAU]

Now find me positive images like I did for President Obama who took only TWO DAYS  before he visited the NY/NJ area.   

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 10:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't want to get in the middle of your conversation, but as an aside the "whopping $700 per household" talking point has been making it's way around the interwebs and should have been thoroughly debunked by now:

Yeah, that supports my point.

If you are concerned about people in Hawaii, don't spread conspiracy BS about what is happening there,
to blame Biden and boost Trump. 

Direct people to the available aid and keep the relief efforts in context. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 11:33 AM)Dill Wrote: Yeah, that supports my point.

If you are concerned about people in Hawaii, don't spread conspiracy BS about what is happening there,
to blame Biden and boost Trump. 

Direct people to the available aid and keep the relief efforts in context. 

BS. Can you not see and hear the people complain about what's going down there???

[Image: 200.gif?cid=ecf05e47rv505xl6l030exfbalyk...0.gif&ct=g]

And am I boosting Trump? Or the poor people in Maui boosting Trump? Stop with your biased BS. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 10:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't want to get in the middle of your conversation, but as an aside the "whopping $700 per household" talking point has been making it's way around the interwebs and should have been thoroughly debunked by now:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fact-focus-online-posts-spread-misinformation-fema-aid-102383942#:~:text=FEMA%20has%20approved%20more%20than,clothing%2C%20food%2C%20or%20transportation.

https://www.fema.gov/node/fema-only-giving-hawaii-wildfire-survivors-700-household

Carry on.

Thank you for verifying the one time payment of $700.00.

Never said the Fed's weren't going to assist the residents, now did I? 

It's the residents that are crying for help, something that you and your colleague keep forgetting.

I can't find images of NJ/NY residents complaining about Obama's Hurricane Sandy response, just one Utahian... 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qc-SsXe9_ECoJXJTo6R...g&usqp=CAU]

But I expect that from a partisan biased member.

If the Fed's didn't do a disaster recovery for the folks at Maui.  Then an impeachment would commence ASAP, by both parties. 

Carry on. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 10:19 AM)Dill Wrote: The rather puzzling video deserves a separate response.

https://www.paramount.com/press/viacoms-mtv-networks-presents-hope-for-haiti-an-earthquake-relief-global-telethon-on-abc-cbs-nbc-fox-cnn-bet-the-cw-hbo-mtv-vh1-and-cmt

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfoF9d8wmwIAw6kkDX2P6...Q&usqp=CAU]

[Image: SSO101-28.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 11:39 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: BS. Can you not see and hear the people complain about what's going down there???
And am I boosting Trump? Or the poor people in Maui boosting Trump? Stop with your biased BS. 

You post some media host's selected videos of people complaining about Biden and floating "conspiracy"
questions about why celebrities property untouched, closing with the host's expression of dislike for
Biden and belief Trump would handle the disaster better.

And you wonder if you are "boosting Trump"? Why of course not; you are just informing us about what's happening on Maui.

Only a "biased" person, a "divider," could think otherwise.

And who is more likely to pop up on youtube complaining about gov. response to a disaster--people who have gotten relief
already or people who haven't? That's no way to measure whether there is a problem with response yet.

Still have no idea why you wanted to post the Reid segment, regardless of where you got it from.

For anyone following this who may curious about the record of Republicans vs Dems on disaster relief, remember the typical
Republican response has been to vote against disaster relief in other states but for it when their states are hit. E.g., Rand
https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-opposition-previous-disaster-relief-resurfaces-he-seeks-aid-kentucky-1658537
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 11:52 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Thank you for verifying the one time payment of $700.00.

Never said the Fed's weren't going to assist the residents, now did I? 

It's the residents that are crying for help, something that you and your colleague keep forgetting.

I can't find images of NJ/NY residents complaining about Obama's Hurricane Sandy response, just one Utahian... 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qc-SsXe9_ECoJXJTo6R...g&usqp=CAU]

But I expect that from a partisan biased member.

If the Fed's didn't do a disaster recovery for the folks at Maui.  Then an impeachment would commence ASAP, by both parties. 

Carry on. 

...sigh...could we get through ONE response without people feeling attacked and attacking others?  Just one?

I was not accusing YOU of saying anything I just wanted to point out that "whopping $700 per household" was something above and beyond what FEMA was doing in general...and hat it had become a bit of a talking point that should be addressed before the general conversation continued, IMHO.

It's a horrible disaster and the people need help...they are getting it.  I'm sure they don't think it is fast enough too.  I probably would too if it was my home and the entire place where I lived.

Maui is a one of a kind thing from what I have read.  I can imagine logistics are harder too given it is not part of the continental 48. (or 49)

Another aside:  And I'm reminded of this because of your cartoon.  We've seen members of congress vote AGAINST federal help after disasters before, usually along party lines depending on where they are from themselves, and then ask for federal help when it was in their district.  

I didn't see that with Maui yet, which would be a great step forward.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 12:24 PM)Dill Wrote: You post some media host's selected videos of people complaining about Biden and floating "conspiracy"
questions about why celebrities property untouched, closing with the host's expression of dislike for
Biden and belief Trump would handle the disaster better.

And you wonder if you are "boosting Trump"? Why of course not; you are just informing us about what's happening on Maui.

Only a "biased" person, a "divider," could think otherwise.

And who is more likely to pop up on youtube complaining about gov. response to a disaster--people who have gotten relief
already or people who haven't? That's no way to measure whether there is a problem with response yet.

Still have no idea why you wanted to post the Reid segment, regardless of where you got it from.

For anyone following this who may curious about the record of Republicans vs Dems on disaster relief, remember the typical
Republican response has been to vote against disaster relief in other states but for it when their states are hit. E.g., Rand
https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-opposition-previous-disaster-relief-resurfaces-he-seeks-aid-kentucky-1658537

Did I mention celebrities' property being untouched?

You cherry-pick what the host talks about Biden vs Trump, I did not. Stay focused the issue is about the suffering people of Maui.

Again if you can,  ignore what the host says about Biden vs Trump and FOCUS on the residents crying for help. I originally wrote about Maui renaming their name Ukraine. You have Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) badly. 

Now I see why SSF has issues with you. I included Reid as an example of what I wrote.

I clearly said "That wasn't a knock on your precious Biden because many Republicans support giving $$$$ to Ukraine as well. "

"And some liberals were not supportive of the war in Ukraine..."

Meaning, Biden and some Republicans were for giving Ukraine $$$$.

Reid was originally against giving Ukraine $$$$, until she got backlashed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10599009/MSNBCs-Joy-Reid-faces-backlash-criticizing-medias-coverage-Ukraine.html

Meaning it was Bi-partisan to give money to Ukraine, While Tucker Carlson and Joy Reid were originally against giving $$$$ to Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the folks at Maui are asking why Ukraine is getting  $$$$$$ and not Maui.

Ergo, change the name from Maui to Ukraine, Kapeesh????

Stay focused on the suffering people of Maui. 

P.S. Where are the images I asked you of people complaining about the response of Obama's response of Hurricane Sandy???

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5soXEDtnj_ldx7vErrNp...w&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8BCzK13dAlfUxMEVHBTJ...M&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkhdKijJcan49CHG_zRy9...Q&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...sigh...could we get through ONE response without people feeling attacked and attacking others?  Just one?

I was not accusing YOU of saying anything I just wanted to point out that "whopping $700 per household" was something above and beyond what FEMA was doing in general...and hat it had become a bit of a talking point that should be addressed before the general conversation continued, IMHO.

It's a horrible disaster and the people need help...they are getting it.  I'm sure they don't think it is fast enough too.  I probably would too if it was my home and the entire place where I lived.

Maui is a one of a kind thing from what I have read.  I can imagine logistics are harder too given it is not part of the continental 48. (or 49)

Another aside:  And I'm reminded of this because of your cartoon.  We've seen members of congress vote AGAINST federal help after disasters before, usually along party lines depending on where they are from themselves, and then ask for federal help when it was in their district.  

I didn't see that with Maui yet, which would be a great step forward.

Partisan Biased is an attack???

I am a Partisan Biased Independent who voted for Bill Clinton[Best President], Barak Obama and wrote in vote in 2020 for TG.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 06:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Partisan Biased is an attack???

I am a Partisan Biased Independent who voted for Bill Clinton[Best President], Barak Obama and wrote in vote in 2020 for TG.  

No.

I thought this...

Quote:Never said the Fed's weren't going to assist the residents, now did I? 

It's the residents that are crying for help, something that you and your colleague keep forgetting.

...was you feeling attacked and then doing the thing where posters get lumped together for some reason.

I'm guessing I was wrong in interpreting it that way.  Text has no inflection so I read it wrong.  My apologies.

I did not mention the citizens crying for help because that was not the point of my post to support or deny that.  I also then agreed with you that they need more help.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 07:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

I thought this...

...was you feeling attacked and then doing the thing where posters get lumped together for some reason.

I'm guessing I was wrong in interpreting it that way.  Text has no inflection so I read it wrong.  My apologies.

I did not mention the citizens crying for help because that was not the point of my post to support or deny that.  I also then agreed with you that they need more help.

[Image: I-wanna-a-hug-michael-jackson-9770533-40...fit=bounds]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 08:11 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: I-wanna-a-hug-michael-jackson-9770533-40...fit=bounds]

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 06:49 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Did I mention celebrities' property being untouched?
You cherry-pick what the host talks about Biden vs Trump, I did not. Stay focused the issue is about the suffering people of Maui.

Again if you can,  ignore what the host says about Biden vs Trump and FOCUS on the residents crying for help. I originally wrote about Maui renaming their name Ukraine. You have Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) badly. 

Did you post a video of people questioning why celebrities property was untouched?
A video which also linked the Maui disaster to Biden and government help in interview after interview
and introduced Trump as contrast to Biden?

How am I supposed to know whether you endorse the host's view or not?

If you want people to stay focused on "the suffering of people on Maui," why not post a video which was NOT intended 
to politicize the disaster? 

Then you post a video of Sky commentators accusing Joy Reid of "real" racism for noting the selective response to disasters in 
brown vs white countries. But you meant to prove that Reid, who supports U.S. efforts in Ukraine, was aligned with
Tucker Carlson on that issue? This mistake shows "both sides do it"? 

Then you post images showing what--that non-white countries do get some aid sometimes? Hard to say what you intended
or what your evidence establishes. I just think that whatever I say about what's in the images, it not be what you wanted
me to see. I couldn't read your mind.

Perhaps in the future if you post political videos as "evidence" of something, why not indicate what it is you think you are
showing? What you want people to focus on, rather than exploding if they respond to what was actually in the video and
claiming "that's not what I meant"? 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 09:32 AM)Dill Wrote: Did you post a video of people questioning why celebrities property was untouched?
A video which also linked the Maui disaster to Biden and government help in interview after interview
and introduced Trump as contrast to Biden?

How am I supposed to know whether you endorse the host's view or not?

If you want people to stay focused on "the suffering of people on Maui," why not post a video which was NOT intended 
to politicize the disaster? 

Then you post a video of Sky commentators accusing Joy Reid of "real" racism for noting the selective response to disasters in 
brown vs white countries. But you meant to prove that Reid, who supports U.S. efforts in Ukraine, was aligned with
Tucker Carlson on that issue? This mistake shows "both sides do it"? 

Then you post images showing what--that non-white countries do get some aid sometimes? Hard to say what you intended
or what your evidence establishes. I just think that whatever I say about what's in the images, it not be what you wanted
me to see. I couldn't read your mind.

Perhaps in the future if you post political videos as "evidence" of something, why not indicate what it is you think you are
showing? What you want people to focus on, rather than exploding if they respond to what was actually in the video and
claiming "that's not what I meant"? 

Sorry if you are confused.  Mellow

Unlike an article where you can cut and paste the specified portions of interest, it is not easy to edit an existing youtube video I thought you could figure that I was focusing on the residents of Maui my bad. 

I never wrote about celebrities or about Trump and I thought you would pick up on that, my bad. 

I did write about why I had a peak interest in the problems there because of my family who resides there.  

I thought you comprehended when I wrote "Rename Maui Ukraine"  that the issue was solely Maui and Ukraine, my bad.

Maybe I should have warning signs before I post a video to only go in the designated areas of a video my bad. Next time I will have warning sides for you not to enter portions of a video, my bad.

I guess I have to repeat myself about Joy Reid "sigh". So initially Joy Reid and Tucker Carlson were BOTH against sending money to Ukraine. Similarly, Republicans like Senator Graham and Democrat Biden were both for sending money to Ukraine, and many other Congressional members, this is called Bipartisan. Kapeesh?? 

Again let me repeat what I wrote earlier for you...

"Unfortunately, I could only find Youtube videos about Joy Reid's comments on Fox and Friends and Meghan Kelly. I tried to find a Youtube video solely with MSNBC spouting her remarks. "

Did I not write that??? Maybe you don't understand, ok I get it. I will explain it to you. The only videos I could find that had Joy Reid agreeing with Tucker Carlson against sending money to Ukraine were from Fox & Friends and Mehghan Kelly. I opted for Mehghan's video because it was shorter and some people are allergic to Fox. So that is the only reason why I posted that video with Joy Reid because she agreed with Tucker. Next time I will provide a warning not to see Meghan and go right to Joy Reid and see where she agrees with Tucker about sending money to Ukraine.  

As for as what you just wrote...

"Then you post images showing what--that non-white countries do get some aid sometimes? Hard to say what you intended
or what your evidence establishes."

Hmmm, are you the one who wrote...

Quote:The rather puzzling video deserves a separate response.

1. Reid's claim that U.S. media tend to ignore disasters in browner countries, and that they do not get the same outpouring of aid is quite right.

This is what my evidence establishes...

From my recollection, virtually every media channel were simultaneously and most important correctly displaying a Telethon. I remember because I contributed multiple times.  

https://www.paramount.com/press/viacoms-mtv-networks-presents-hope-for-haiti-an-earthquake-relief-global-telethon-on-abc-cbs-nbc-fox-cnn-bet-the-cw-hbo-mtv-vh1-and-cmt

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfoF9d8wmwIAw6kkDX2P6...Q&usqp=CAU]

[Image: SSO101-28.png]

Do you understand now?

Stay focused on the suffering people of Maui as they need the money going to Ukraine as well.  

P.S. Where are the images I asked you of people complaining about the response of Obama's response of Hurricane Sandy???

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 11:48 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sorry if you are confused.
Unlike an article where you can cut and paste the specified portions of interest, it is not easy to edit an existing youtube video I thought you could figure that I was focusing on the residents of Maui my bad that I thought you could figure that out. 
I never wrote about celebrities or about Trump and I thought you would pick up on that, my bad. 
I did write about why I had a peak interest in the problems there because of my family who resides there.  
I thought any reasonable person could comprehend when I wrote "Rename Maui Ukraine"  that the issue was solely Maui and Ukraine, my bad.
Maybe I should have had warning signs before I posted the video to only go in the designated areas of a video or you might get your feelings hurt if you went to portions of a video that I can't edit, my bad. Next time I will have warning sides for you not to enter portions of the video, my bad.

When you post a video presentation of some guy collecting complaints about Biden, plus the conspiracy nonsense, I think it's a leap to suppose anyone would just assume you wanted people to "filter out" all the political stuff and focus on "suffering." 

ESPECIALLY since you were comparing Maui and Ukraine, in the context of where U.S. money goes. A simple disclaimer in advance would have solved the problem. But you seem put out that people can't figure that out, as you continue to frame this as me getting my feelings hurt, not your failure to contextualize.

(08-21-2023, 11:48 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: "Unfortunately, I could only find Youtube videos about Joy Reid's comments on Fox and Friends and Meghan Kelly. I tried to find a Youtube video solely with MSNBC spouting her remarks. "

Did I not write that??? Maybe you don't understand, ok I get it. I will explain it to you. The only videos could find that had Joy Reid agreeing with Tucker Carlson against sending money to Ukraine were from Fox & Friends and Mehghan Kelly. I opted for Mehghan's video because it was shorter and some people are allergic to Fox. So that is the only reason why I posted that video with Joy Reid because she agreed with Tucker. Next time I will provide a warning not to see Meghan and go right to Joy Reid and see where she agrees with Tucker about sending money to Ukraine.  

Still confusing, as the video was not from Fox and Friends. And why wouldn't anyone assume that the commentators' comments were part of your message, with no disclaimer beforehand?

Also confusing is that you present, as I said, Reid's claim of racial bias in international coverage of white/brown countries and say that means she agrees with Tucker Carlson. Carlson has never said anything like this and never would. Like Megan Kelly, he attacks "real" racism." 

You are taking her claim of racial media bias to be a claim that we should not be in Ukraine, thus "both sides do it."  

But that is not at all her position on Ukraine. She is critical of Carlson and others for saying that we should not be in Ukraine, and even more critical of people who say link supporting Ukraine to lack of response to Maui. So no "both sides do it" here at all. I don't know why you felt the need to prove both sides did it. 
https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/maui-fires-gop-marjorie-taylor-greene-tweet-ukraine-aid-rcna100293

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/maui-fires-gop-marjorie-taylor-greene-tweet-ukraine-aid-rcna100293
Reply/Quote