Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany tells Muslims you can't poop in the showers
(01-25-2016, 05:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Middle Easterners make up 5% of their population and that's on the rise, the biggest chunk after European countries. Similar to how signs here are in Spanish as Latinos make up around 16% of our population, the biggest chunk after English speaking.

I'm not getting the issue. There's a sign in three languages, yet some people really, really want to believe it's only directed at one of the three.

If it was, there would be only one language.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-25-2016, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

You look good in green.
Ninja
(01-25-2016, 06:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You look good in green.
Ninja

Hit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I had an interesting conversation with a British friend of mine who used to be a flight steward on British Airways flights throughout Southeast Asia and the Middle East during the 80's. I mentioned the infamous 'German poop sign'. He had an entire litany of 'poo-poo horror stories' about individuals from third world countries and airline toilets. Apparently, at that time, there were a lot of people in SE Asia and the Mid-east boarding planes who came from villages with no running water, sewage removal, etc. The toilet was a new thing to them and they didn't know quite what it was for. Many would squat with their feet upon the seat as they were used to pooping in holes on the floor. Sometimes, they would get feces on their hand during a rough flight and end upon splattering it all over the restroom. He said that they used to have to give classes on how to use the toilets.

Interesting juxtaposition from here in the U.S. where high school football players poop in the shower just as a sick joke.

That said, my impression is that lack of knowledge of toilets probably has a lot more to do with poverty and lack of education than it has to do with being a specific country or race. It almost certainly has nothing to do with a specific religion.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-25-2016, 05:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: How does one wipe their ass after taking a shit in the shower?

Well, if there are other people around... Ninja

But seriously, I'm not sure that some people wipe after that.
(01-25-2016, 05:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, you probably use Bing.

Smirk

Hey! Mad
Bent Wrote:Middle Easterners make up 5% of their population and that's on the rise, the biggest chunk after European countries. Similar to how signs here are in Spanish as Latinos make up around 16% of our population, the biggest chunk after English speaking.

I'm not getting the issue. There's a sign in three languages, yet some people really, really want to believe it's only directed at one of the three.

If it was, there would be only one language.

Well we don't know the regulations on signs . Their might be a requirement we are not aware. And yeah it's for anyone ...why make one for just Arabs and then watch some German speaking degenerate drop a load on the sidewalk. Cost effective to cover all the degenerates.
Ninja

Mad

My moobs are bigger.

Sad
(01-25-2016, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Ninja

(01-25-2016, 06:05 PM)Benton Wrote: Hit.

Due to the wife and I being snowed in all weekend, we watched Firefly all the way through. I'll just say that Nathan Fillion was a lucky man on one of those episodes. Or maybe not so lucky, since that would have been kind of torturous.
GMDi Wrote:You google search history must be AMAZING.   Mellow

Eh, you probably use Bing.

Smirk

We use google/yandex Rock On
(01-25-2016, 06:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mad

My moobs are bigger.

Sad

Prove it.
Tongue

(01-25-2016, 06:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Due to the wife and I being snowed in all weekend, we watched Firefly all the way through. I'll just say that Nathan Fillion was a lucky man on one of those episodes. Or maybe not so lucky, since that would have been kind of torturous.

Good series.
I need to go back and re-watch it, after I'm done with White Collar.
(01-24-2016, 01:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I got some German for you:

Du schtinkt!

You only use "du" if you're on very friendly terms with someone.  If you use it with someone you aren't good friends, or family, with it's considered a very big breech of etiquette.  It's actually illegal to refer to a polizei with "du", you'll get a nice fine for it.
(01-25-2016, 05:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, again, they don't want ANYONE pooping in the showers.

Why is this thread titled: "Germany tells Muslims you can't poop in the showers"?

I mean, sure, they did tell Muslims.  But also Germans and those who speak English.  

Maybe they were telling EVERYONE  you can't poop in showers?

Was this a problem before the migrants came?   An occasional joker maybe, but very unlikely a frequent enough of a problem that they felt compelled to make a sign for it.

Similar to groping the women in the pool.

EDIT: Yes, they are telling everyone, but who is the main culprits?
(01-25-2016, 07:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You only use "du" if you're on very friendly terms with someone.  If you use it with someone you aren't good friends, or family, with it's considered a very big breech of etiquette.  It's actually illegal to refer to a polizei with "du", you'll get a nice fine for it.

Indeed. You would use the Sie form of the verb for someone you are not on familiar terms with, and it is usually the infinitive version in German. In this case, stinken.

Germans put a lot of stock in politeness in their language.
(01-25-2016, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. You would use the Sie form of the verb for someone you are not on familiar terms with, and it is usually the infinitive version in German. In this case, stinken.

Germans put a lot of stock in politeness in their language.

Which is funny considering if you ever want something to sound harsh (due to the phonetics), say it in German.
(01-25-2016, 07:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Which is funny considering if you ever want something to sound harsh (due to the phonetics), say it in German.

I was thinking of mentioning that....lol
LOL
I've used facilities all over the world, so if I were to have to make an informed guess over which culture is pooping in the shower; I could. They most likely see the drain and think it is OK.

Nothing wrong with the sign, even if it is aimed at the Arabic (and if we are being honest, we know it is); just part of the assimilation process as they are integrated into western cultures.

FWIW, Japan has the best public facilities. Their McDonald's have heated seats, bidets, and air dry.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-25-2016, 07:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Was this a problem before the migrants came?   An occasional joker maybe, but very unlikely a frequent enough of a problem that they felt compelled to make a sign for it.

Similar to groping the women in the pool.

EDIT: Yes, they are telling everyone, but who is the main culprits?

Everyone?  I mean since the sign is is in three languages....

Mellow
(01-25-2016, 07:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Which is funny considering if you ever want something to sound harsh (due to the phonetics), say it in German.

ICH LIEBE DICH!!!!!!!!!!

ICH LIEBE DICH!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!!!

(01-25-2016, 08:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: ICH LIEBE DICH!!!!!!!!!!

ICH LIEBE DICH!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!!!

Ha!  I figured this one was going to get posted!