Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Glenn and Billings on Slimfast
Way too much fat on both these guys.

It was maybe twenty years ago, the Cardinals had a DT who was a high draft pick but for maybe the first couple years was not as good as he was expected to be.  For the life of me, I can't remember his name.  But he was quite blobbish, like Billings and Glenn.  In one off season, he transformed his body and subsequently is game, became a true beast.  

This is what I want to see from both those guys.   They each need to drop weight, about 30 pounds for Glenn, as his injury issues mount as he gets older.  You can't tell me all that weight he carries is good for his game.  Billings needs to lose about twenty, imo.  I don't think his strength comes from his belly.

Edit--The DT I was talking about was Eric Swann, who played for the Cards in the early 90's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Agree with you. I haven't actually seen any games save for the two Browns games on TV this season, but Glenn looked like the Syracuse mascot out there. He needs to drop 25 lbs minimum. I didn't notice Billings as much.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:22 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Agree with you.  I haven't actually seen any games save for the two Browns games on TV this season, but Glenn looked like the Syracuse mascot out there.  He needs to drop 25 lbs minimum.  I didn't notice Billings as much.

Look at the ground!! He was on the grass more than Josh Gordon.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:26 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Look at the ground!! He was on the grass more than Josh Gordon.

Ha.  Maybe his center of gravity has expanded beyond his waist line and he loses his balance too easily. 
Reply/Quote
Agree, both of them could stand to drop 25 lbs. Billings could probably stand 35 !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And if you’re serious about winning, you dump any player that isn’t self motivated at this level. They make way too much money to not be committed. Out of shape players and guys that just go through the motion should be gone. Hopefully the new coach runs a tight ship and is professional.
Reply/Quote
Both are fine; you guys really need to get your eyes checked.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, both of them could stand to drop 25 lbs. Billings could probably stand 35 !

Yep, Glenn might as well drop 30 and become a more agile pass protector, because that extra weight sure as heck ain't helping him as a drive blocker in the running game.

Same for Billings, maybe getting more agile would cause OGs to struggle enough blocking him that the would be forced to double down on him with a Center.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Andrew Billings actually had a solid year.
5th among the team in QB hits and tied for 2nd among the team in tackles for loss (tied with Dunlap).
Ranked 4th on the team in sacks.
PFF ranked him above average (74.6).
He also had 16 run stops since week 7-13, ranking him second among all interior defensive lineman.

Sure. No super star, but certainly solid.

Dude is still pretty young. He's only 3 months older than Sam Hubbard.

Cordy Glenn started off really well, and then the wheels fell off.
When he's healthy, Glenn is great. When injured and dealing with injuries, he's VERY up and down. We saw that this year.
I'll give the FO some credit for trying to fix the LT position while also keeping their 1st rounder. But the Bengals may need to draft a LT early this year and move Glenn to RT.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Get Glenn out of here. That is way too much money for that kind of production.
Reply/Quote
I'd like Glenn to follow Whit's example and lose some weight each season to take the stress off of his feet.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Andrew Billings actually had a solid year.
5th among the team in QB hits and tied for 2nd among the team in tackles for loss (tied with Dunlap).
Ranked 4th on the team in sacks.
PFF ranked him above average (74.6).
He also had 16 run stops since week 7-13, ranking him second among all interior defensive lineman.

Sure. No super star, but certainly solid.

Dude is still pretty young. He's only 3 months older than Sam Hubbard.

Cordy Glenn started off really well, and then the wheels fell off.
When he's healthy, Glenn is great. When injured and dealing with injuries, he's VERY up and down. We saw that this year.
I'll give the FO some credit for trying to fix the LT position while also keeping their 1st rounder. But the Bengals may need to draft a LT early this year and move Glenn to RT.

PFF or not, exactly this.

Billings was a MARKEDLY different player from week 6-17.

Both guys are fine, if they can play with the weight; if one had to lose weight, it'd be Glenn, but Billings is fine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know, I saw college tape of Billings chasing people down. He's not chasing and catching anyone at this weight. I think he could stand to lose a few....
Reply/Quote
I think Billings is ok too as long as he doesn't GAIN weight in the offseason. I may be naive, but I think Glenn will do what it takes to be healthy next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 08:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PFF or not, exactly this.

Billings was a MARKEDLY different player from week 6-17.

Both guys are fine, if they can play with the weight; if one had to lose weight, it'd be Glenn, but Billings is fine.

For sure. He showed some flashes. He disrupted plays, just needs to be more consistent in finishing those disrupted plays

(01-01-2019, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know, I saw college tape of Billings chasing people down. He's not chasing and catching anyone at this weight. I think he could stand to lose a few....

He is disrupting plays, though.
His strength is great, but he probably could lose some weight, as he never weighed more than 320 in college.

Also, he was recovering from a torn ACL in 2017, so this was really his first ever season at full strength.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: And if you’re serious about winning, you dump any player that isn’t self motivated at this level. They make way too much money to not be committed. Out of shape players and guys that just go through the motion should be gone. Hopefully the new coach runs a tight ship and is professional.

Agreed. If you’re overweight, your not as great as you could be. Plus, more vulnerable to injuries. Players who are serious about winning should be doing everything they can to be their best. Same goes with conditioning. IMO, unconditioned players are at more risk for injury’s s well.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. If you’re overweight, your not as great as you could be. Plus, more vulnerable to injuries. Players who are serious about winning should be doing everything they can to be their best. Same goes with conditioning. IMO, unconditioned players are at more risk for injury’s s well.

That’s one of the reasons that Hue shouldn’t be considered. This shouldn’t just be a coach change but also a change of culture.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. If you’re overweight, your not as great as you could be. Plus, more vulnerable to injuries. Players who are serious about winning should be doing everything they can to be their best. Same goes with conditioning. IMO, unconditioned players are at more risk for injury’s s well
If we hire a true outsider I believe most of the players will come in in condition and ready to play or they just might find themselves unemployed. Glenn is to heavy and needs to lose some weight to help out his ankles and back injuries he was having during the season
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd like Glenn to follow Whit's example and lose some weight each season to take the stress off of his feet.

His problems this season were shoulder and back

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know, I saw college tape of Billings chasing people down. He's not chasing and catching anyone at this weight. I think he could stand to lose a few....

Agreed.  Billings is great for a quick splash play early but he clearly wears down during games.  You can see his hands on his hips in the second quarter (could have something to do with the NFL record points allowed in Q2?) and that in spite of being rotated in and out frequently.  The guy off the street (Ringo) looks to be in better shape.  
Reply/Quote