Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Glenn and Billings on Slimfast
(01-01-2019, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, both of them could stand to drop 25 lbs. Billings could probably stand 35 !

If Billings lost 35 lbs, he'd be 290 lbs. Too light for a NT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 03:45 PM)McC Wrote: Way too much fat on both these guys.

It was maybe twenty years ago, the Cardinals had a DT who was a high draft pick but for maybe the first couple years was not as good as he was expected to be.  For the life of me, I can't remember his name.  But he was quite blobbish, like Billings and Glenn.  In one off season, he transformed his body and subsequently is game, became a true beast.  

This is what I want to see from both those guys.   They each need to drop weight, about 30 pounds for Glenn, as his injury issues mount as he gets older.  You can't tell me all that weight he carries is good for his game.  Billings needs to lose about twenty, imo.  I don't think his strength comes from his belly.

Edit--The DT I was talking about was Eric Swann, who played for the Cards in the early 90's.
I think you nailed it. Had really high hopes for these guys, they just need to get in better shape.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Billings lost 35 lbs, he'd be 290 lbs. Too light for a NT.

For one thing Drew Brees isn't 6'1" as he's been listed, more like 5'10" they fudge the numbers up. On the big guys they fudge them down.

They list him at 325 but he's probably really 337.

And I can guarantee you he'll do much better at 302 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter than he will at 337 !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For one thing Drew Brees isn't 6'1" as he's been listed, more like 5'10" they fudge the numbers up. On the big guys they fudge them down.

They list him at 325 but he's probably really 337.

And I can guarantee you he'll do much better at 302 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter than he will at 337 !

There is no way in the world that 345 is Glenn's optimum weight.  And I'd even be happy, or at least happier, with Billings at 310.  And i agree with you that there is no way Billing is only 325.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:54 PM)McC Wrote: There is no way in the world that 345 is Glenn's optimum weight.  And I'd even be happy, or at least happier, with Billings at 310.  And i agree with you that there is no way Billing is only 325.

Where do these numbers come from then? I thought these numbers were from official team weigh-ins at training camp?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 06:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where do these numbers come from then? I thought these numbers were from official team weigh-ins at training camp?

I don't know where the numbers come from but look at him.  He looks as wide as he is tall.  He looks closer to 400 lbs. than 300.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 06:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where do these numbers come from then? I thought these numbers were from official team weigh-ins at training camp?

They do come from the team, but every team will mess with them. Take Andre Smith for example. He was listed around 330 his first couple of seasons, but no one believed that. He suddenly slimmed down yet the team only knocked 5 pounds off of him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:54 PM)McC Wrote: There is no way in the world that 345 is Glenn's optimum weight.  And I'd even be happy, or at least happier, with Billings at 310.  And i agree with you that there is no way Billing is only 325.

If Billings played this year at 325, then I only weigh 100 lbs
Reply/Quote