Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Shooter In Position To Win Games
Tiger

If we get him in position he can win this team four or five games down the stretch on his leg alone. Its Shooter Time!
40 yards in.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClZNp6EAW8_/?igshid=N2ZiY2E3YmU=
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:31 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

If we get him in position he can win this team four or five games down the stretch on his leg alone. Its Shooter Time!
40 yards in.

Feeling a little bored right now?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I’m actually in love with WHEN Zac goes for it on 4th. I only like the actual playcall half the time. I’m perfectly fine leading the league in 4th down attempts even if it means Evan is out of rhythm here and there. He’s a technically sound kicker, with the clutch gene. I’m not worried about him kicking cold. The kicks in Kansas City and Tennessee told me everything i needed to know about Shooter.

If we had Randy Bullock i would absolutely recommend letting him kick whenever possible, he seems like a guy who does better when he tries a few first.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I mean touchdowns are pretty ok too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

40 yards in.

[Image: meme-you-dont-say.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:39 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m actually in love with WHEN Zac goes for it on 4th. I only like the actual playcall half the time. I’m perfectly fine leading the league in 4th down attempts even if it means Evan is out of rhythm here and there. He’s a technically sound kicker, with the clutch gene. I’m not worried about him kicking cold. The kicks in Kansas City and Tennessee told me everything i needed to know about Shooter.

If we had Randy Bullock i would absolutely recommend letting him kick whenever possible, he seems like a guy who does better when he tries a few first.

Am just the opposite and want to take the points mostly. Because points are so hard to come by in the NFL that I don't like to risk losing any unless its necessary. 

That being said I don't want to pull for FG's, always want TD's and hope the OP is wrong and Bengals don't need any last minute FG's to win. 

But trust Evan if it comes down to them being needed though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:39 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m actually in love with WHEN Zac goes for it on 4th. I only like the actual playcall half the time. I’m perfectly fine leading the league in 4th down attempts even if it means Evan is out of rhythm here and there. He’s a technically sound kicker, with the clutch gene. I’m not worried about him kicking cold. The kicks in Kansas City and Tennessee told me everything i needed to know about Shooter.

Yeah, not worried about Evan when it matters the most. Dude is clutch.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: meme-you-dont-say.gif]

Good ole Nich... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean touchdowns are pretty ok too.

TD's all the way and I think Evan feels the same way, he just wants to get that game winner once in a while.

He got tons of them in his rookie year, I don't think he will get near as many in any of the rest of his seasons and 
that is good for the team and he will be fine with it and get a lot of rings. We will see.
Reply/Quote
A couple of weeks ago guys were writing Evan off as a regular kicker, wanted to change his name after he missed a few kicks. Which is it? Is he an elite NFL kicker or should they be looking for a kicker next year? Alot of kickers are hitting 50 yrd + FG. At this level it's expected.

And the playoff picture? Every team in the league is still "in it". At this point a 6th seed doesn't mean much to me. Where will they be in January? After decades of watching Bengals teams look like a top 5 team only to see them run out of gas when it counted is why I always temper my expectations on any Bengals season. If they somehow manage to bring home the trophy I'll be convinced they finally did it. It's always wear the humble hat thing for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:00 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: A couple of weeks ago guys were writing Evan off as a regular kicker, wanted to change his name after he missed a few kicks. Which is it? Is he an elite NFL kicker or should they be looking for a kicker next year? Alot of kickers are hitting 50 yrd + FG.  At this level it's expected.

And the playoff picture? Every team in the league is still "in it". At this point a 6th seed doesn't mean much to me. Where will they be in January? After decades of watching Bengals teams look like a top 5 team only to see them run out of gas when it counted is why I always temper my expectations on any Bengals season. If they somehow manage to bring home the trophy I'll be convinced they finally did it. It's always wear the humble hat thing for me.

Shooter is an elite kicking talent....that has had a bit of a slump this season. It happens.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Shooter is an elite kicking talent....that has had a bit of a slump this season. It happens.....

A 2nd year player slumping? That never happens.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:39 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m perfectly fine leading the league in 4th down attempts 

The funny thing is that Cincinnati is one of the most conservative teams in the league on 4th down. Tied for the 4th least attempts on 4th down. Cincinnati takes the points most of the time. 
Reply/Quote
I'm cool with taking the points... our defense has been shut down in the 2nd half this year.

If they do go for it I'd prefer a shot gun formation with Burrow passing it. I still don't trust the run.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

40 yards in.

He will contribute his extra points, but we are going for six, not three.  It's BURROW TIME.  

Appendix rupture is in the rear view mirror
Offensive line starting to gel
Run game benefitting from better line play and less predictability
Chase back
Reader back
Trenton Irwin booting Mike Thomas is like replacing Dalton with Burrow (Sorry, Ginger Ninja...was glad to see you carve up Rams)
Lou has the formula to hold any offense in check
CTB showing he belongs
Burrow thriving on short game without deep threat.  Can beat you so many ways now
Hayden Hurst....I just wanted to type his name because I like the guy
Chrisman punting the ever loving crap out of the ball in that craphole windy stadium.  Bet he gets a 60 yarder this week.  Oh, forget that, we won't be punting at all
Tee Higgins reportedly helping coaches and QB know how to attack what DBs are doing

This team is ready to roll.  
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Evan McPherson I believe it’s better to not be in a position to rely on him to win games at the last second. Sometimes this is unavoidable of course but I prefer the Bengals to be ahead by at least two scores.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The funny thing is that Cincinnati is one of the most conservative teams in the league on 4th down. Tied for the 4th least attempts on 4th down. Cincinnati takes the points most of the time. 

Wow

I actually assumed we led the league. I guess more of that league is deciding the analytics are pretty solid to go for it a lot
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 02:07 PM)Housh Wrote: Wow

I actually assumed we led the league. I guess more of that league is deciding the analytics are pretty solid to go for it a lot

We are ranked 25th in attempts (I think). That kind of shocking to me because I figured we’d be much higher.

Reply/Quote