Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should we prioritize this offense for future SB runs?
If you could allocate salary spend by position, what are your priorities?

Mine:

QB
WR1
OTs
WR2
OGs
C
RB
TE
Slot

Give Joe his 2 stars on the outside an excellent oline and we should be able to plug and play RBs, TEs and a Slot. There are a million RBs and Slot receivers - more than any other position by far. Not super stars but capable.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you could allocate salary spend by position, what are your priorities?

Mine:

QB
WR1
OTs
WR2
OGs
C
RB
TE
Slot

Give Joe his 2 stars on the outside an excellent oline and we should be able to plug and play RBs, TEs and a Slot.   There are a million RBs and Slot receivers - more than any other position by far.  Not super stars but capable.

QB
OGs
OTs
C
WR1
Slot
TE
WR2
RB

#1: QB has been made the most important position in the game.
#2: Guards because interior pressure is absolutely destructive. If you can't step up into the pocket, it's brutal. They also make the running game.
#3: OTs because you gotta stop those DEs/OLBs.
#4: C because he touches the ball every single play. Snap placement is important, as is obviously blocking. Also win all QB sneaks.
#5: WR1 because you need someone who can make plays happen.
#6: Slot because you need someone you can rely on to convert 3rd downs, eat a hit, and still have sure hands.
#7: TE because you need a guy who can block but can mismatch and crush a S or LB in the redzone for TDs.
#8: WR2 because extra WR help is always nice.
#9: RB because it's an extremely replaceable position with short lifespan. If you have your OL as #2-4, then anyone half-decent will put up numbers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: QB
OGs
OTs
C
WR1
Slot
TE
WR2
RB

#1: QB has been made the most important position in the game.
#2: Guards because interior pressure is absolutely destructive. If you can't step up into the pocket, it's brutal. They also make the running game.
#3: OTs because you gotta stop those DEs/OLBs.
#4: C because he touches the ball every single play. Snap placement is important, as is obviously blocking. Also win all QB sneaks.
#5: WR1 because you need someone who can make plays happen.
#6: Slot because you need someone you can rely on to convert 3rd downs, eat a hit, and still have sure hands.
#7: TE because you need a guy who can block but can mismatch and crush a S or LB in the redzone for TDs.
#8: WR2 because extra WR help is always nice.
#9: RB because it's an extremely replaceable position with short lifespan. If you have your OL as #2-4, then anyone half-decent will put up numbers.

I think this is outstanding, I put WR2 at such a high priority due to already having Tee. Without Higgins I'm all for bumping the slot up.
Reply/Quote
I mean they've got Chase for 4 more years and Higgins for 3.

Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I mean they've got Chase for 4 more years and Higgins for 3.

Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line.

Would you cut/trade Boyd AND Mixon for 5 starters on the oline that were just under elite level?  I would all day.
Reply/Quote
You need 3 legitimate targets in todays NFL, it's actually why the Chiefs have struggled because you can double two guys you can't double 3 unless a team is in max protect. That can be two WR's and a TE or 3 WR's but you have to have 3 in todays game.
Reply/Quote