Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas lights.
Anybody do it up really big on their house?

My mom puts out a ton of stuff inside, but outside we just have a star of lights that I made, a cross of lights on the front door, and a candle in each window. It is simple but I think it looks really nice.
Reply/Quote
My neighbors have their lights professionally installed. I gave up.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I stand on my porch and listen to Pink Floyd while holding my Bic in the air.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did one year and nobody came to visit, so I no longer do that.

[Image: 49223218278_b8a5d1cc94_h.jpg]

[Image: 49223243478_27710862b5_h.jpg]

[Image: 49223948317_a7865c8f75_h.jpg]

[Image: 49223725326_6f1a769a9a_h.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I put a green light in one front porch sconce and a red light in the other.

Done.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Heck the wife doesn't even want a Christmas tree...

even though we have room for one now!!!!

(I didn't really want to hang lights... But I like the option too)
Reply/Quote
I'd be perfectly OK if I never had to hear the word christmas again as long as I live. I despise holidays and generally family gatherings. I'm soooo tired of christmas music in stores by September...sometimes even August.. 
To answer the question though...HELL NO! 
BAH, humbug.. etcetera, etcetera and so on and so forth..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'd be perfectly OK if I never had to hear the word christmas again as long as I live. I despise holidays and generally family gatherings. I'm soooo tired of christmas music in stores by September...sometimes even August.. 

I may create earmuffs for you that say "I do not like Xmas music". I will put these for sale on amazon in case other people than you are interested in buying them. Then you can wear those in the store, as thye will be noise cancellation, so you do not have to listen. They wlil light up green and red if they senes any Christmas msuic, as to catch the attention of store employees. The store employees will be able to view that you do not likethe Chritsmas music as indicated by the slogan that lights up on the earmuffs. They wlil do nothing about it but go home and talk to their spouse or partner about what they saw at work that day. Their partner wlil agree and go on amazon to buy a pair of the earmuffs, and so on and so forth.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'd be perfectly OK if I never had to hear the word christmas again as long as I live. I despise holidays and generally family gatherings. I'm soooo tired of christmas music in stores by September...sometimes even August.. 

I love Christmas even though until I was 12 I was told that in order to get any presents I had to blow Santa when he came into my room on Christmas eve.

"Ho! Ho! Ho! Rudolph is in my pants little boy. Just kiss his red nose."
Reply/Quote
We always go all out on our house, however this year we have zero decorations (inside or out).

In September we had all of our giant oaks removed (her choice, not mine) and one of the limbs took out the end of the front porch. We fought with their insurance company for some time before getting our insurance involved. I'm happy to say we just got a check yesterday that covers the damage, but alas it is too late for lights this year. That bummed me out, as I was excited to see how they looked from down the road without the trees obscuring the view. My neighbor actually stated his wife has been complaining about our lack of decorations as she apparently loves the Christmas tree we put on the porch (the busted end). He said he keeps pointing out to her that the porch is busted up, but apparently she doesn't care as she was looking forward to it.

Nothing on the inside this year either, as we had construction start the first week of December for some renovations. The only rooms we have been able to use are the kitchen and bedroom, and even the kitchen was inaccessible for three days. Things won't wrap up for another week or so, but we now have the living room and dining room back. Still way too much left to bother with trying to decorate anything indoors either. The only consolation in all of this is that this year is basically the shortest holiday season possible, so we can only be bummed about the lack of decorations for a limited time.
Reply/Quote