Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get your Cowboy boots ready...
With Lamar hurt, I still think we can win the division.
Reply/Quote
Has there been any update on Lamar? Last week they said he was "week to week."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you rather play the Titans in Nashville or potentially play the Ravens, Dolphins, or Chargers at home for the first playoff game?

HOME game over ANY road game.

Home, home home is the path to riches in the playoffs. Last year was wonderful, but it took several amazing things to happen for us to win. We will be favored in any, and ALL home games we potentially play. In other words, play ALL games at home in the playoffs and we are the favorites to make the Superbowl. I don't want to have to go to Buffalo or , especially Kansas City, in January.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Win and control your own destiny. 4-0 (will be tough) and minimum we are the 2 seed and if KC loses on game, the 1 seed.

As for others, Chargers have an easy schedule and never count out the Pats. I think the AFC is deeper than the NFC so road to Super Bowl in AFC is lined with land mines.

I think in the NFC, Philly is clear favorite. A losing team may win the NFC south. 49ers to me are the second best team in the NFC, but they like us seem to have a lot of key injuries. Vikings are not as good as their record in my opinion.

Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and others in AFC are solid teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:21 PM)Science Friction Wrote: HOME game over ANY road game.

Home, home home is the path to riches in the playoffs. Last year was wonderful, but it took several amazing things to happen for us to win. We will be favored in any, and ALL home games we potentially play. In other words, play ALL games at home in the playoffs and we are the favorites to make the Superbowl. I don't want to have to go to Buffalo or , especially Kansas City, in January.

I've never played organized football before, so I don't know how much of a difference home field (and fans) makes.
Does it make a huge difference for the players on the field?

What I can compare it to was hockey that I played, but it really wasn't a fair comparison because our schools shared like 3 rinks.
So while there were home and away teams, there really wasn't a true home-ice advantage.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:16 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: The Ravens’ luck will run out in Cleveland next week. I could see the Ravens dropping a game against Atlanta or Pittsburgh too. The AFC North will probably be decided in the last game of the season.

x2
Reply/Quote
I disagree, each week it seems more and more likely that we win the division and maybe even end up as the 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:19 AM)higgy100 Wrote: There's still 4 games left and lots of FB. Ravens, imo, are going to lose to the Stains this week. Down to their 3rd QB and Watson has another game under his belt. Definitely should take head-to-head in account.

This is what I am thinking as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Win and control your own destiny. 4-0 (will be tough) and minimum we are the 2 seed and if KC loses on game, the 1 seed.

As for others, Chargers have an easy schedule and never count out the Pats. I think the AFC is deeper than the NFC so road to Super Bowl in AFC is lined with land mines.

I think in the NFC, Philly is clear favorite. A losing team may win the NFC south. 49ers to me are the second best team in the NFC, but they like us seem to have a lot of key injuries. Vikings are not as good as their record in my opinion.

Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and others in AFC are solid teams.

I agree with your analysis. Could add the Cowboys as a top NFC team, since 10 and 3.

If the Bengals can get #1 seed, should go all out and get it. And certainly should try and pass the Ravens and get division and home field. The problem would be if cannot get the #1 seed, how do you get to rest your top players for the playoffs with the Bengals last two games Buffalo and Ravens? It's such a long season, the week rest last year before the playoffs seemed to really help. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've never played organized football before, so I don't know how much of a difference home field (and fans) makes.
Does it make a huge difference for the players on the field?

What I can compare it to was hockey that I played, but it really wasn't a fair comparison because our schools shared like 3 rinks.
So while there were home and away teams, there really wasn't a true home-ice advantage.

Needing to go to silent count on offense is far from ideal. The Bengals had quite a few false starts last year until they figured it out. Even Burrow couldn't hear some of the play calls in his helmet because of the noise. Fans of KC and Buffalo certainly figured out how to help their team by drowning out snap counts and audibles.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:19 AM)higgy100 Wrote: There's still 4 games left and lots of FB. Ravens, imo, are going to lose to the Stains this week. Down to their 3rd QB and Watson has another game under his belt. Definitely should take head-to-head in account.

Browns favored -2.5
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Needing to go to silent count on offense is far from ideal. The Bengals had quite a few false starts last year until they figured it out. Even Burrow couldn't hear some of the play calls in his helmet because of the noise. Fans of KC and Buffalo certainly figured out how to help their team by drowning out snap counts and audibles.

I've been to some Bengals home games before. People don't really quiet down when the team is on offense lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been to some Bengals home games before. People don't really quiet down when the team is on offense lol.

when I was at the Raiders game and a couple fans two rows below me were motioning to the crowd to quiet down (like the QBs do sometimes)...as if the fans didn't know to be quiet.

I guess they don't?  I didn't think it was all that loud but I'm definitely no expert.  

I've seen games in several cities but never saw fans do that before...until the raider game.  

Though the more I think about it, if a QB is doing it then it's probable fans are gonna follow suit and do it too to try and help.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been to some Bengals home games before. People don't really quiet down when the team is on offense lol.

Yeah, I witnessed that numerous times over the years.

Oh my God!   They're going for it on 4th and goal at the one!  I'VE GOT TO YELL MY APPROVAL!!!      Facepalm
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It wasn’t that long ago I was rooting for division leaders to beat wildcard contenders. Never thought #1 was realistic. The odds are a bit against it, but it’s not a long shot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
People making too much noise when the Bengals are still not making near the noise when they are fired up and the Bengals are on D.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:22 PM)Bengalion Wrote: I'd gladly pay a ticket and visit Nashville to watch Burrow beating the Titans once again. Let's face it, it's way easier to beat the Titans than Tua/Waddle/Hill or Herbert/Allen/Ekeller. Also I could care less about home advantage.

There is a reason that higher seeds are rewarded home field advantage.  It can be huge before, during, and after the game - assuming a win.  Everyone playing or coaching in the league cares a ton about playing at home.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It wasn’t that long ago I was rooting for division leaders to beat wildcard contenders. Never thought #1 was realistic. The odds are a bit against it, but it’s not a long shot.

I see no reason we can't run the table from here on out. Buffalo doesn't scare me..Number 1 seed? I want the entire farm, seeds, cows, chickens, pigs and all..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote