Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting Ran Over
(09-24-2019, 02:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What?

LOL  I didn't mean to reply to YOUR comment rfaulk.   Tongue  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He's saying, "Quit blaming Dalton!" 

Yep.
Reply/Quote
Wait just a damn minute.

Our D is getting gassed because of the opposing team's TOP.

I thought the Offense(mainly the QB)was to blame for that!

Throw, throw, throw, "where's our running game?!?"

Little clock burned by the Offense with the lack of run game.

Much clock burned because of teams running all over us.

I guess there really are other factors to TOP being lopsided besides our crappy QB.

Who'd a thunk it??
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: When it comes to defending the run each player has a run fit they are supposed to be in. These are gaps between each linemen that is their responsibility to fill. Your job is not to do someone else's job and so while sometimes you see a back run by someone you assume it is that defenders gap it can often be a LB or a S who is supposed to be there. The reason this is important is because if they deviate out of their fit then it can create a bigger busted play.

In my opinion the issues with running are that our linebackers are slow to react and don't plug their gaps which often times results in backs getting up to the second level and easily making them miss. Understand it is easier to meet the back in the hold then on the second level in space.  Add to that our secondary players who have back side contain don't do well being the force defender. Dre is horrible at it and Jackson got caught a couple times not keeping outside leverage into his help. As far as the defensive line often times people attribute things getting wide to them, but again most the time a Safety or CB depending on the formation are the force defender and they have to stay wide to contain the run.

In summation I'd rank the reasons for bad run defense as LB>CB>S>DL.

What i've seen way too much of is, them running to what looks like the wrong gap. They jump in behind a Dlineman or a group of players, leaving a gaping hole just on the other side. 

It's maddening to see over and over again. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A common theme has developed over the past 3 plus years with Bengals defenses, and that is the inability to stop the run.

Over the last 51 games, 2016-present, they have allowed 100 or more rushing yards 30 times, 140 or more 20 times and 200 or more 6 different times. During that time, they've also allowed 4.4, 4.2 and 4.7 yards per carry, with a whopping 4.9 so far this season. Their rankings against the run have been 21st, 30th, 29th and 31st so far this year.

It's very frustrating to watch teams run so well with regularity, and it's even more infuriating when watching the poor tackling continuing to occur.

The ran over title is spot on. Our tackling especially in the secondary is embarrassing. The DB's are literally getting run over every game.

Have the Bengals coaches heard of a weight room? Rumor is we have anew one, a great one, but based on strength, our DB's must never step foot in the weight room.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A common theme has developed over the past 3 plus years with Bengals defenses, and that is the inability to stop the run.

Over the last 51 games, 2016-present, they have allowed 100 or more rushing yards 30 times, 140 or more 20 times and 200 or more 6 different times. During that time, they've also allowed 4.4, 4.2 and 4.7 yards per carry, with a whopping 4.9 so far this season. Their rankings against the run have been 21st, 30th, 29th and 31st so far this year.

It's very frustrating to watch teams run so well with regularity, and it's even more infuriating when watching the poor tackling continuing to occur.

I think the most frustrating part is it seems like we can't run the ball ourselves. I'm surprised Joe had so many yards last year. Maybe short term memory loss, or because our record sucked ass, but I feel like we haven't been able to run the ball for a god damn long time. Teams love making Andy beat them.
Reply/Quote
The common theme after 3 games with exception of Seattle game, is lack of gap integrity by DL and Backers. Also, poor angles on tackling especially by safeties.

49ers used "bend" movement at line and the backers seemed lost. Screens have been killing the defense as well.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote