Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a new puppy
July 13.  His name will be Kenyon.  He's a Great Dane.

[Image: 62001380_2965896120117801_75771427133220...e=5D965BFC]

[Image: 61941814_2965896103451136_80874091590765...e=5D87F407]
Reply/Quote
Awesome looking pup. I love my black lab despite how destructive he was when we first got him.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I’m not paying child support. Just sayin.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
adopt don't shop
Reply/Quote
Just remember, the bigger the dog, the bigger the piles!! Lol Good looking pup!
Reply/Quote
Hope you have plenty of room for him to run
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 10:56 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Just remember, the bigger the dog, the bigger the piles!! Lol Good looking pup!

He’s not our first Dane. And yes, he is.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hope you have plenty of room for him to run

We have a fenced in back yard.
Reply/Quote
I love dogs and probably always will, but I'll likely never have another because I almost always outlive them (or have so far anyway) or they run away, get hit by cars, get stolen or I've had to move and unable to take them with me. The last three-four dogs I've had had to be taken from me for one reason or the other and the feeling of remorse, shame, regret and grief is just too much. My favorite of all time, a very gentle pit-chow just vanished one day with no answers. We suspect he was stolen to be turned into a fighting dog, but we have no proof. A few days before he vanished he's been in a fight with a big rott on our front porch that went on far too long and likely grabbed the attention of someone who wanted to fight him, but we'll never know..
Anyway.I can't go through it again. The last dog we had was very destructive so the Mrs decided to send her away just as I got used to her being around.. I can't go through another 6 months of missing another dog. I still miss my favorite over 10 years after the fact even though if he were still with me I would have undoubtedly outlived him.. 
Right now I'm still feeding an old, elderly, declawed outdoor cat (She lost all her indoor manners) and her days are numbered. She'll be the last.. 
None of this even mentions my inability to afford veterinary bills if they get sick or injured.. I've had to put a few down.. I just can't go through it again.
Best of luck with your pup. I'd like to say I'm envious, but I'm not.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: I love dogs and probably always will, but I'll likely never have another because I almost always outlive them (or have so far anyway) or they run away, get hit by cars, get stolen or I've had to move and unable to take them with me. The last three-four dogs I've had had to be taken from me for one reason or the other and the feeling of remorse, shame, regret and grief is just too much. My favorite of all time, a very gentle pit-chow just vanished one day with no answers. We suspect he was stolen to be turned into a fighting dog, but we have no proof. A few days before he vanished he's been in a fight with a big rott on our front porch that went on far too long and likely grabbed the attention of someone who wanted to fight him, but we'll never know..
Anyway.I can't go through it again. The last dog we had was very destructive so the Mrs decided to send her away just as I got used to her being around.. I can't go through another 6 months of missing another dog. I still miss my favorite over 10 years after the fact even though if he were still with me I would have undoubtedly outlived him.. 
Right now I'm still feeding an old, elderly, declawed outdoor cat (She lost all her indoor manners) and her days are numbered. She'll be the last.. 
None of this even mentions my inability to afford veterinary bills if they get sick or injured.. I've had to put a few down.. I just can't go through it again.

Pot belly pigs make the best pets.

When they die you are sad, but you can have a great BBQ.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pot belly pigs make the best pets.

When they die you are sad, but you can have a great BBQ.

No thanks.. I was involved in drunken rustling of a pig once in Illinois .. Yup, we stole a pig from a farmers field, but it feed Joe and his 7 kids for a whole summer.. Nearly the entire town of Arcola Illinois was unemployed at the time so I suspect we weren't the only pig rustlers back in those days.. I was hoodwinked into being the killer of that pig.. A friend handed me his knife and said (and I quote), "Here Marty! You kill it!" And I did.. I've felt guilty about that deed ever since..  Nervous

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: No thanks.. I was involved in drunken rustling of a pig once in Illinois .. Yup, we stole a pig from a farmers field, but it feed Joe and his 7 kids for a whole summer.. Nearly the entire town of Arcola Illinois was unemployed at the time so I suspect we weren't the only pig rustlers back in those days.. I was hoodwinked into being the killer of that pig.. A friend handed me his knife and said (and I quote), "Here Marty! You kill it!" And I did.. I've felt guilty about that deed ever since..  Nervous

We used to have pig rustling contests in college. See who could bring home the fattest chick.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 08:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: We used to have pig rustling contests in college. See who could bring home the fattest chick.

Excessive drinking does strange things to people. The ugly girls get prettier every minute closer to bar closing time..a strange phenomenon nobody has ever quite fully understood, but yet it exists.. 

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 05:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Excessive drinking does strange things to people. The ugly girls get prettier every minute closer to bar closing time..a strange phenomenon nobody has ever quite fully understood, but yet it exists.. 

Recent research has uncovered the likely culprit:

[Image: beer-goggles.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 05:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Excessive drinking does strange things to people. The ugly girls get prettier every minute closer to bar closing time..a strange phenomenon nobody has ever quite fully understood, but yet it exists.. 

[Image: sooo-you-got-wasted-31-photos-12.jpg?qua...600&zoom=2]

Reply/Quote
Anywayyyy...back to pets in general.. Should I feel bad kind of hoping our old cat will finally die so I don't have to feed her twice a day? 
Cats are so self entitled when it comes to food..

Reply/Quote
Just saw a great dane yesterday. Very cool dogs. My rottie is usually one of the biggest running around there, and he was dwarfed by that thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: I love dogs and probably always will, but I'll likely never have another because I almost always outlive them (or have so far anyway) or they run away, get hit by cars, get stolen or I've had to move and unable to take them with me. The last three-four dogs I've had had to be taken from me for one reason or the other and the feeling of remorse, shame, regret and grief is just too much. My favorite of all time, a very gentle pit-chow just vanished one day with no answers. We suspect he was stolen to be turned into a fighting dog, but we have no proof. A few days before he vanished he's been in a fight with a big rott on our front porch that went on far too long and likely grabbed the attention of someone who wanted to fight him, but we'll never know..
You, sir, need a tortoise.  It's virtually guaranteed to outlive you with good care.  You'll have to will it to some fortunate (or unfortunate) heir.  Also, running away is pretty unlikely, and if it happens, you'd be too embarrassed to admit being outrun by a tortoise. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 02:26 AM)samhain Wrote: You, sir, need a tortoise.  It's virtually guaranteed to outlive you with good care.  You'll have to will it to some fortunate (or unfortunate) heir.  Also, running away is pretty unlikely, and if it happens, you'd be too embarrassed to admit being outrun by a tortoise. 

Well, I live by a lake with more than enough turtles. They're actually pretty fast little creatures on land. I've caught a bunch of them, take the hooks out and let them run off the end of the dock back into the water..  Technically they're not tortoises though, just mostly sliders..  Who would want to snuggle up to a tortoise to watch a football game?  

Reply/Quote