Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting pumped up!
Don't know about the rest of you but NFL season time makes me happy, like really happy. Weather starts to change, get to spend all day every Sunday watching games, using the crock pot more to make some awesome food each weekend. Even though it's preseason I'm actually excited for Friday. I managed to get tickets to 3 games this year and already have my plane tickets booked. All around feeling really good for the Bengals this season, I legitimately believe we can make an SB run this year as long as there are no major injuries to key positions. Who Dey!!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Yeah man, nothing like fall weather....a little BBQ, a little chili, football, and some cold beer.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's nothing better then waking up on Sunday throwing on my Leon Hall jersey (Or a Bengals sweater if it's really chilly.) pouring my coffee into my Bengals mug and watching pre-game. Then when it's game time there's usually some beef stew or chicken and dumplings in the crock pot heated up. After they win I take my nap (Inevitable with warm beef stew in your belly.) and wake up in time for Sunday Night Football.
Reply/Quote
For me, it starts on Saturday; now that I'm in Calgary, I'll wake up to college pre-game, then catch at least the first half of the early games, before we run our Saturday errands. Then home afterwards and college myself 'til dinner.

Then wake up Sunday, not gonna be able to go to church (unless its early mass), due to the time difference, but church if I can, eat, sit down and enjoy the Bengals (will probably cook some hearty stuff before the game, during pre-game), then the afternoon games, then Sunday Night during dinner, then sleep!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 07:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: For me, it starts on Saturday; now that I'm in Calgary, I'll wake up to college pre-game, then catch at least the first half of the early games, before we run our Saturday errands. Then home afterwards and college myself 'til dinner.

Then wake up Sunday, not gonna be able to go to church (unless its early mass), due to the time difference, but church if I can, eat, sit down and enjoy the Bengals (will probably cook some hearty stuff before the game, during pre-game), then the afternoon games, then Sunday Night during dinner, then sleep!

Mine begins on saturday as well with my Louisville Cardinals football game on TV somewhere. 

Then Sunday at PBS !

Side note, know nobody cares much for preseason games. Heck I certainly would not buy them if not forced.

But hope the Vikings become a regular visitor in the Jungle while Zimmer is there.  Think there is a good chance of it even. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This hangs in our living room for a reason.

[Image: il_570xN.175961638.jpg]

I turn on ESPN Gameday on Saturday morning and then usually switch over to watch Army or Navy (I love the triple option offense). I'll get my ESPN app going and browse through a ton of games. I have to stream my team over my phone so it doesn't really interfere with running errands.

On Sunday, I wake up and mess around until CBS pregame starts up. Watch the Bengals game, and then watch the Seahawks game for my wife.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Mine begins on saturday as well with my Louisville Cardinals football game on TV somewhere. 

Then Sunday at PBS !

Side note, know nobody cares much for preseason games. Heck I certainly would not buy them if not forced.

But hope the Vikings become a regular visitor in the Jungle while Zimmer is there.  Think there is a good chance of it even. 

You're lucky to be in the heart of it all, I wish I could live in Canada for the non-football months, then the tri-state for the football months; would be awesome!

And actually, one good thing about being in Calgary is that next year, we can do the drive to Minny for when the Bengals play there! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ahh yes, the lovely fall weather. Here in Florida, it should only be about 92* by the time football season starts. Add in the fact that we live in a community that does not allow satellite dishes and that means no Sunday Ticket. Before you start feeling sorry for me though...

Sundays start by my lovely wife (the black haired hottie in my picture) putting on a pair of tiny denim shorts and one of her Bengals shirts. We then drive to the bar at Uno's because it is only about three miles from our house, the bartender makes sure the Bengals are on a prime television, and there are a few other Bengals fans who congregate there. Buckets of Corona, wings, nachos, and a flatbread after second half kickoff. After the Bengals game, we always have to decide if we are coming home or staying for the second game and calling an Uber! Crazy thing is that my wife is Brasilian and had never watched an entire NFL game before we met, let along heard of the Bengals. She is now a diehard fan.

Sundays during football season do not suck!

Side note: we have decided that we will also be going to Uno's for the nationally televised games this year because they do so much better than when we are sitting on our own couch, eating our own food, and drinking our own alcohol...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This hangs in our living room for a reason.

[Image: il_570xN.175961638.jpg]

I turn on ESPN Gameday on Saturday morning and then usually switch over to watch Army or Navy (I love the triple option offense). I'll get my ESPN app going and browse through a ton of games. I have to stream my team over my phone so it doesn't really interfere with running errands.

On Sunday, I wake up and mess around until CBS pregame starts up. Watch the Bengals game, and then watch the Seahawks game for my wife.

LOL!!  Good one buddy! LOL!!!
Reply/Quote
Was only able to catch bits of pieces of the game (not on in my area) and my 14 month old required some extra attention so I got a late start. Even with all that, from what I caught sounds like mostly good things (except Brown) and right side of OL. Erickson (who I didn't even know who he was TD and another catch?) and Boyd did well from what I saw. Still feeling pumped up!!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote