Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting thin at CB... prayers for Mackenzie Alexanders family
First of all prayers to the family of Alexander. We are unfortunately getting thin at CB and now without our #1 slot corner and #2 outside corner. With the amount of injuries around the league it might be smart to make a move sooner rather than later. Logan Ryan and Tramon Williams would probably be the best options on the market. Alexander could be back this season but at this point we just don't know and in no way fault him for his decision either way.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:01 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: First of all prayers to the family of Alexander.  We are unfortunately getting thin at CB and now without our #1 slot corner and #2 outside corner.  With the amount of injuries around the league it might be smart to make a move sooner rather than later.  Logan Williams and Tramon Williams  would probably be the best options on the market.  Alexander could be back this season but at this point we just don't know and in no way fault him for his decision either way.

I would not count on Alexander to open the season or first few days.. could be facing jail and at the least will probably face suspension if charged etc... hopefully we can find a replacement 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would not count on Alexander to open the season or first few days.. could be facing jail and at the least will probably face suspension if charged etc... hopefully we can find a replacement 

Misdemeanor battery. Will be dropped, or a fine. He's not serving jail time.
Reply/Quote
If Makenzie misses Chargers game and potentially more. move Bates to slot Corner and Williams to Bates spot? I know we are planning using an extra Safety at LB some. That might have to be scrapped.
Reply/Quote
Still plenty of CB’s on the roster. Sure they aren’t the caliber of the missing starters, but you aren’t finding any better off the street at this point, maybe after cut down day. Jackson and Phillips on the outside, still leaves Rose, Sims, Brown, McTyer and Mabin to battle for the nickel and dime spots.
Reply/Quote
LeShaun Sims had been taking 1st team snaps with Mac in camp.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
More FA bad luck. Here's hoping the NFL takes the circumstances into account and are fairly lenient on punishment.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Logan Ryan is pretty much a hybrid cb/s. Think we have also been linked to him recently. Think he would be the perfect option at this point considering we need help at bot positions. Mostly just depth for safety though.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: More FA bad luck.  Here's hoping the NFL takes the circumstances into account and are fairly lenient on punishment.

He's never been suspended for anything that I can find, so I expect a fine a most, and probably nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:55 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Logan Ryan is pretty much a hybrid cb/s.  Think we have also been linked to him recently.  Think he would be the perfect option at this point considering we need help at bot positions.  Mostly just depth for safety though.

We're just fine at Safety. We go 4 deep with starting caliber players.

Now if Mac misses anytime we could use some help at Corner. personally I'd like to see Brandon Carr. Dude has NEVER missed a game in his 12 year NFL career; including starting 16 games for the Ravens last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lots of good names being mentioned here.

Would be fine with Carr, Ryan and even Tramon even if he is getting up there in age.

We saw how long T-New lasted.
Reply/Quote