Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghislane Maxwell arrest
(07-23-2020, 04:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: For a man with his history.. There are many things he could have said I wouldn’t have had a problem with. His choice of wishing her well didn’t sit good with me.

I guess I will chalk up rooting for a child sexual predator as yet another thing trumpets will look the other way on.

I really dont like politicians even Trump, and especially didnt in the beginning. But I heard a stat that took some of that away and made me think a little different, and its about sex trafficking. The last 4 years of Trump being pres, there have been more arrests made and more efforts made towards stopping human trafficking than the last 15 years combined. I dont care whos on the right or the left, I think we can all agree this is a very good thing. This is one of those cross platform issues. I think the majority of ppl around the world would see this as a good thing. Have to give credit where credit is due.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 09:55 AM)Dill Wrote: That seems to be Trump's record and his legacy--equal treatment under the law for all, whether they support him or not.

Trump extends a kind word to the just-arrested partner of an old party friend who had a shared interest in women "on the younger side," and the media mob of haters immediately think this some nefarious attempt to warn her away from spilling some presidential beans.

Anyway . . .

Whattabout Clinton? Has everyone forgotten about HIS 27 flights on the Lolita express?

Clinton everyone--yes, look this way--what about Clinton?!? 

I heard that about Bill Clinton, and its really sad if its true. The way I feel, is that I hope Maxwell doesnt suicide and turns in a bunch of people. I would love to see this kind of evil eradicated from the world. This is a global issue. Human/sex trafficking, pedophilia is absolutely disgusting and evil! This is an issue I would get on board with no matter who was president.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:10 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I really dont like politicians even Trump, and especially didnt in the beginning. But I heard a stat that took some of that away and made me think a little different, and its about sex trafficking. The last 4 years of Trump being pres, there have been more arrests made and more efforts made towards stopping human trafficking than the last 15 years combined. I dont care whos on the right or the left, I think we can all agree this is a very good thing. This is one of those cross platform issues. I think the majority of ppl around the world would see this as a good thing. Have to give credit where credit is due.

That claim (or something similar) was made on by Trump's team in January of 2019.  If true I am all for it.  However most of what this administration says is made up out of thin air or they take credit for machine long in motion before he ever took office.

We all agree that stopping human trafficking is the goal but I wager a good bit that DJT doesn't really think about it unless asked and he can garner a vote from it.  No non-politician has ever groveled for votes like Trump...lol.  And yes, he stains everything he touches even if it is going well.  I can only be lied to so many times before I need hard proof that A) the numbers are what they say and B) That Trump had anything to do with it.

Edit to add:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/20/trumps-human-trafficking-record-is-fake-news/
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: That claim (or something similar) was made on by Trump's team in January of 2019.  If true I am all for it.  However most of what this administration says is made up out of thin air or they take credit for machine long in motion before he ever took office.

We all agree that stopping human trafficking is the goal but I wager a good bit that DJT doesn't really think about it unless asked and he can garner a vote from it.  No non-politician has ever groveled for votes like Trump...lol.  And yes, he stains everything he touches even if it is going well.  I can only be lied to so many times before I need hard proof that A) the numbers are what they say and B) That Trump had anything to do with it.

They way I heard someone say it, is that human trafficking is Melania's big issue. Every first lady has their 'cause' or whatever. So maybe she gets the credit. Either way, I just want t arrest all these sick people whether its Trump, Bernie, Biden or whoever. This is a real issue, and one I can get behind.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:23 AM)bengaloo Wrote: They way I heard someone say it, is that human trafficking is Melania's big issue. Every first lady has their 'cause' or whatever. So maybe she gets the credit. Either way, I just want t arrest all these sick people whether its Trump, Bernie, Biden or whoever. This is a real issue, and one I can get behind.

I can agree with the desire to see the arrests made no matter party/color/sex/money.  Get them all.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:23 AM)bengaloo Wrote: They way I heard someone say it, is that human trafficking is Melania's big issue. Every first lady has their 'cause' or whatever. So maybe she gets the credit. Either way, I just want t arrest all these sick people whether its Trump, Bernie, Biden or whoever. This is a real issue, and one I can get behind.

Here is the problem with those numbers.

Local law enforcement agencies are offered federal funds to fight "human trafficking", but all they do is set up stings to arrest men for soliciting prostitution.  They then use these arrest numbers to get more federal funding.  Most of those arrests have nothing to do with international human trafficking or exploitation of minors in the sex industry.

Same thing happened with federal funding for the "War on Drugs".  Police just swept up more casual users to inflate the arrest numbers while having no real impact on the suppliers of illegal drugs.

I guarantee that if there was federal funding for "highway safety" then there would be a huge increase in the number of speeding tickets for people driving 5 miles over the speed limit which would have no real effect on highway safety.  Then someone in Washington would use those increased  numbers to brag about how much they have done to improve highway safety.

I strongly oppose human trafficking, but I don't consider all prostitution to be human trafficking.  And there are no real numbers to prove any decrease in human trafficking.  We hve no idea if the increased arrests have really made any difference in the number of victims of actual human trafficking.
Reply/Quote
Whodda thunk a guy who brags about watching teen girls get dressed would be so hard on kiddie diddling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:15 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I heard that about Bill Clinton, and its really sad if its true. The way I feel, is that I hope Maxwell doesnt suicide and turns in a bunch of people. I would love to see this kind of evil eradicated from the world. This is a global issue. Human/sex trafficking, pedophilia is absolutely disgusting and evil! This is an issue I would get on board with no matter who was president.

Well, actually, those trips are pretty well accounted for, going to foreign cities with Secret Service accompaniment. There's no record that Clinton went to Epstein's infamous private island, with or without SS.

(07-24-2020, 10:10 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I really dont like politicians even Trump, and especially didnt in the beginning. But I heard a stat that took some of that away and made me think a little different, and its about sex trafficking. The last 4 years of Trump being pres, there have been more arrests made and more efforts made towards stopping human trafficking than the last 15 years combined. I dont care whos on the right or the left, I think we can all agree this is a very good thing. This is one of those cross platform issues. I think the majority of ppl around the world would see this as a good thing. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Just curious, do you have a link to the Trump stat?

This NYT comlains that arrests for sex trafficking are actually down under Trump, and he has reduced protections for victims.

Trump Uses Kids Sold Into Sex Slavery to Score Political Points
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/child-sex-trafficking.html

“Over the last three years we have watched with horror as the administration has dismantled protections for trafficking survivors,” said Martina Vandenberg, the president of the Human Trafficking Legal Center in Washington, who stayed away.

“Using human trafficking for pernicious political purposes is new,” she added. “It is a Trump administration invention.”

The Human Trafficking Legal Center reports only 146 federal trafficking indictments in 2019, down from 204 in the last year of the Obama administration.

A whistle-blower complaint alleges the administration diverted antitrafficking money from well-respected nonprofits to less-effective organizations like “Hookers for Jesus.”

Foreign women and children who have been trafficked into America’s sex trade are eligible for a special visa, the T visa, under a program with bipartisan support, but the administration in 2019 approved only 500 T visas, down from 748 in 2016, and wait times are now three or four times longer. The administration now threatens to deport trafficking survivors who are denied T visas, so applications have fallen....

“We are losing the ‘war on trafficking,’ mostly because we have made this all about prosecutions,” Vandenberg said. “We are doing almost no prevention.”...

Rachel Lloyd, who was trafficked into the sex trade as a teenager, now runs an excellent program in New York City called the Girls Educational and Mentoring Service, or GEMS, which helps girls who have been trafficked. Lloyd said that when she realized that the administration was only engaged in a P.R. effort, she turned down a position on an administration advisory panel and also declined a $10,000 donation from Ivanka Trump for GEMS.

“Why would we give them cover and validation?” asked Lloyd, whose memoir, “Girls Like Us,” is one of the best books on trafficking.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Clinton was named in an unsealed court document that he supposedly was on the island with two "young girls", though the ages weren't given.

A Clinton spokesperson denied the allegation.

https://www.newsweek.com/bill-clinton-went-jeffrey-epsteins-island-2-young-girls-virginia-giuffre-says-1521845

https://news.yahoo.com/epstein-accuser-virginia-giuffre-claims-132003578.html
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I have no problem believing that Trump saying he wished Maxwell well was nothing truly nefarious.

He's a complete moron and isn't great at thinking on his feet when questions come his way. If he can't think of a solid insult, then he's at a loss.

I think the Maxwell gaffe was a case for his stupidity, not necessarily his fear of being named by her.

As for the case itself, I'm pretty well conditioned to believe that we won't ever learn anything of substance. It's going to be a political Rorsarch test and not much more. if you're on the right, it's all about getting the Clintons. On the left everyone will point to the allegation of Trump assaulting a 13-year old a Epstein's place. The reality probably doesn't conform to either.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:22 AM)samhain Wrote: I have no problem believing that Trump saying he wished Maxwell well was nothing truly nefarious.

He's a complete moron and isn't great at thinking on his feet when questions come his way.  If he can't think of a solid insult, then he's at a loss.  

I think the Maxwell gaffe was a case for his stupidity, not necessarily his fear of being named by her.  

As for the case itself, I'm pretty well conditioned to believe that we won't ever learn anything of substance.  It's going to be a political Rorsarch test and not much more.  if you're on the right, it's all about getting the Clintons.  On the left everyone will point to the allegation of Trump assaulting a 13-year old a Epstein's place.  The reality probably doesn't conform to either.

And after being given time he doubled down.

https://www.axios.com/trump-ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein-1b313a9d-13c0-45f6-8975-26de2e1559aa.html

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-interview-transcript-with-axios-on-hbo

Quote:Jonathan Swan: (25:40)
You’re going to [crosstalk 00:25:38]? Mr. President, the other day, a reporter asked you about Ghislaine Maxwell. You said, “I just wish her well, frankly. I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach, but I wish her well, whatever it is.” Mr. President, Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested on allegations of child sex trafficking. Why would you wish such a person well?

President Donald J. Trump: (25:59)
Well, first of all, I don’t know that, but I do know this-

Jonathan Swan: (26:01)
She has. She’s been arrested for that. You know that.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:02)
Her friend or boyfriend-

Jonathan Swan: (26:04)
Epstein.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:05)
Was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She’s now in jail. Yeah, I wish you well, I’d wish you well, I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty. I mean, you do know that she [crosstalk 00:26:17]

Jonathan Swan: (26:17)
Oh. So you’re saying you hope she doesn’t die in jail? Is that what you mean by wish her well?

President Donald J. Trump: (26:20)
Well, her boyfriend died in jail and people are still trying to figure out how did it happened? Was it suicide? Was he killed? And I do wish her well. I’m not looking for anything bad for her. I’m not looking bad for anybody. And they took that and made it such a big deal-

Jonathan Swan: (26:32)
I mean, she’s a alleged child sex trafficker.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:35)
But all it is is her boyfriend died. He died in jail. Was he killed? Was it suicide? I do, I wish her well.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote