Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Stories and Urban Legends
Since we're getting closer to Halloween, I figured this could be a fun thread.

Do you have any ghost stories, or urban legends you have? Be them direct, or indirect (Family, friends, neighborhood), all are welcome.

Even if your story is about you knowing that a story, or a rumor, is complete bs, please share.
Reply/Quote
There used to be a guided toiur of all the haunted places in Newport.
Reply/Quote
Well my cousin has said that my aunts' house was/is haunted. The house is in Harrison, Ohio very close to the Indiana boarder. I've been in and out of that house several times and never witnessed anything myself and never heard any of the stories until after my aunt passed away. My cousin said my aunt wanted to keep it quiet so we would come to visit and didn't what to frighten us kids at the time. Things my cousin said see witnessed first hand in the house: 1.) A blood like substance running down the walls in the living room and then vanishing without a trace. 2.) Cabinets and drawers opening and closing on their own throughout the house. 3.) Whispering and talking in unoccupied rooms in the house. 4.) Ice cold drafts blowing through different rooms in the house while all the windows and doors were shut and air conditioning turned off. 5.) Objects such as board games, books, kitchen items disappearing only to show up later in other parts of the house. 6.) The smell of striking matches in the house when none were lit.

I have no reason to not believe my cousin as she is a very serious person and not one to make things up, but I say again, I've been in the house many times(not lately) and have never seen anything. My cousin also stated that my aunt kept a diary of the things that went on in the house that my aunt witnessed during her many decades there. After my aunt passed my cousin was going through the house and could not find the diary anywhere.

Today my cousins daughter lives in the house with her family and they are experiencing some activity, what I don't know. I'll have to pay them a visit when things get back to normal and get the lowdown. Also of note: There is a church that sits right next door to the house and my cousin has told me she was told "There have been some "Weird" goings on inside the church" whatever that means.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was married to an evil monster with no heart for 7 years.
Reply/Quote
Cincy

Munchkinville
https://creepycincinnati.com/2011/11/08/munchkinville-tiny-town/

Louisville

Waverly

https://www.ghostlyactivities.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/waverly-hills-sanatorium.jpg
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
http://www.villiscaiowa.com/
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There used to be a guided toiur of all the haunted places in Newport.

I did one in New Orleans that was awesome.
Reply/Quote