Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostbusters Reboot Trailer
(03-15-2016, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: IMO, the biggest mistake was making this some weird reboot movie. Their best chance was to have this be a straight up sequel. Have the opening credits be a kind of cartoonified history of the 'busters since GB 2 (various ghosts caught, funny situations, Venkman dies but comes back as a ghost, etc) and then have the opening of the move be the original GBs fighting a couple of basic ghosts, but clearly are struggling and they talk of finally passing the mantle or they could be working alongside new recruits but there are issues with the new guys/gals. Right there's your jumping off point. The movie would be basically the new guys/gals figuring out how to work as a team or how to deal with cynics in today's technologically advanced society or a myriad of other possible story lines. All the while there's some evil villain demon or god-like being or whatever lurking, slowly making his move. All the comedy should come from the characters interactions, not from pratfalls or spouting trying-to-be-funny lines.

Heck, have the new movie basically stay as it is, but be set in the GB universe. Say that after Vigo, paranormal activity died down and the GB's moved on, except for Ray maybe moonlighting as a GB on the side and soon the GBs were completely forgotten. Now, a new threat emerges, and 3 female scientists stumble into the paranormal and then continue on with the story of the new GB.

I'm not even a professional writer (or Ghost Writer Mellow) and I've already come up with plausible ways of making this a full on sequel. 

The potential was there, but of course, someone probably wanted to do this their way. God, if this franchise dies because of this movie, I will be royally pissed. Friggin' Hollywood. :angry:

Paul Fiege the director. 

Melissa McCarthy signed on because she wanted it to be like the cartoon Real Ghostbusters. When it turned out not to be, she apparently checked out mentally

Basically what I have heard lately is, this movie is trash and virtually everyone hated working on it and Sony is in full defense mode. 
Cast had major clash issues.
Apparently the 3 surviving Ghostbusters will make cameos* but not as their characters obviously
None of the 4 stars have defended it or done any public selling of the movie.

*only after incredibly asshole levels of threatening legal actions were they able to get Bill Murray involved in this trainwreck. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, I just watched the trailer and it looks like crap.

Not "bad" just nothing new.  And that is lame.

(03-15-2016, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: IMO, the biggest mistake was making this some weird reboot movie. Their best chance was to have this be a straight up sequel.

Well that explains why it doesn't seem new at all.  I thought it was a sequel.  Didn't know it was a re-boot.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well that explains why it doesn't seem new at all.  I thought it was a sequel.  Didn't know it was a re-boot.

wait they are rebooting? hell no.

If anything should have been a passing of the torch to a new generation of ghostbusters. And while the original was funny i didnt consider it a comedy.

this one they are trying to make a comedy. but it will be a tragedy.

As much as i love the Ghostbuster Franchise i hope this flops HARD!@@@ and maybe they will stop rebooting movies that were good in the first place. Get your own original IDeas and stop going for the quick cash grab sony.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 01:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait they are rebooting? hell no.

If anything should have been a passing of the torch to a new generation of ghostbusters.  And while the original was funny i didnt consider it a comedy.

this one they are trying to make a comedy. but it will be a tragedy.

As much as i love the Ghostbuster Franchise i hope this flops HARD!@@@  and maybe they will stop rebooting movies that were good in the first place.  Get your own original IDeas and stop going for the quick cash grab sony.
Hollywood is run by accountants.  They have no ideas.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 08:26 AM)McC Wrote: Hollywood is run by accountants.  They have no ideas.

this is on SONY more specifically as they own the rights. but im tired of good movies being remade. i understand that is why they are being remade.

Well it made money before why not again.

But when it was done right the first time leave it the hell alone. i hate seeing some of my favorite franchises end with trash.

And they are about to rape indy again.+
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/187268/we-all-died-a-little-that-day
Reply/Quote