Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants, Dodgers last week is interesting
Both are over 100 wins, BUT one of them will have to be in a One Game Play-Off Game with the Red Hot St Louis Cardinals. Anything can happen in One Game. It is possible that a team that won 100 games gets knocked out of play-offs in first night.

Only 2 games separate them, and I'm sure neither wants to be in that One Game Wild Gard. Not after 100 Wins.

So the Last Week will be interesting to see if Giants remain on top or Dodgers catch them.

The American League is loaded with great records in the play-offs. Right now the Wild Card Games would be St Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers, and I think Boston Red Sox at New Yok Yankees. Unless a 3rd place team can't go, and then it would be Seattle Mariners.

These teams can not use their best pitcher this weekend. No. They will need their Best Pitcher for the Play-In Game, in spite of their good records. To avoid One and Done, they really should not pitch their Best Pitcher after Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

As for Reds, they have around 6 games left like other teams. They have won 81 games. They should shoot for 85 wins. Reds might even finish with a better record than winner of NL East.

Once Bengals play Thursday Night, there is going to be a gap to watch end of baseball and start of Baseball Play-Offs.

I think it would stink to win 100 games and still have to be in a Play-In Game. All Baseball eyes this week should be on Giants and Dodgers, because a 100 game winner will end up a Wild Card team of One Game Only. The Cardinals could win one game
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals will cool down. Looks like they will lose tonight. Still a playin game for 100 game winner makes no sense to me. Maybe they should seed by wins and not division winners.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote