Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants OG Will Hernandez?
He may be available, the giants may be parting ways with him. I think he would be a huge upgrade over what we have. Pollack could get the best out of him. He's young and he hasn't missed any games since coming into the league besides testing positive for covid.

https://youtu.be/AKEUTUu7pxE
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Hopefully get rid of one crappy cut Giants OL (Hart) just to add a different one? Pass.

They need to stop getting crappy OL and hoping to get the best out of them. Try adding GOOD OL and getting the best out of them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The former Bengal that plays there is a more likely cut
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 08:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hopefully get rid of one crappy cut Giants OL (Hart) just to add a different one? Pass.

They need to stop getting crappy OL and hoping to get the best out of them. Try adding GOOD OL and getting the best out of them.

I dont think he's as bad as what PFF says he is.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 09:02 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I dont think he's as bad as what PFF says he is.

And I don't think a team as bad as the Giants that just spent a 6th overall pick on a QB would be cutting ties with quality OL.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings
Giants are rated 31st, 1 behind the Bengals' 30th.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2020-offensive-line-rankings/ar-BB164Cs9
This is before the 2020 season, which has the Giants at 27th. (Bengals 29th)

More reclamation projects protecting Burrow means more rehab for Burrow. No more dumpster diving. Get real starters unless you want to watch more Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley starts in lost seasons.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am really surprised Hernandez has been as bad as he has been...

Thought he would be a stud. I would rather have Thuney.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 08:48 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: He may be available, the giants may be parting ways with him. I think he would be a huge upgrade over what we have. Pollack could get the best out of him. He's young and he hasn't missed any games since coming into the league besides testing positive for covid.

https://youtu.be/AKEUTUu7pxE

PFF of 58 the last 2 years no thanks!!
Reply/Quote
I remember some saying he'd be as good or better than Quenton Nelson. Lol.
On a serious note though, I thought he'd be better, but he could just need to be on a more competent OL than NYG.
Not sure that's the Bengals though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And I don't think a team as bad as the Giants that just spent a 6th overall pick on a QB would be cutting ties with quality OL.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings
Giants are rated 31st, 1 behind the Bengals' 30th.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2020-offensive-line-rankings/ar-BB164Cs9
This is before the 2020 season, which has the Giants at 27th. (Bengals 29th)

More reclamation projects protecting Burrow means more rehab for Burrow. No more dumpster diving. Get real starters unless you want to watch more Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley starts in lost seasons.

They wouldn't be cutting ties with a quality OL; they'd be cutting ties with Hernandez

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am really surprised Hernandez has been as bad as he has been...

Thought he would be a stud. 

A LOT of guys here wanted him in the draft.

Kudos to you for being honest and admitting it.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am really surprised Hernandez has been as bad as he has been...

Thought he would be a stud. I would rather have Thuney.

I remember telling people that year if they liked Will Hernandez they should check out a guy from VT named Wyatt Teller who was gonna go mid day 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: I remember telling people that year if they liked Will Hernandez they should check out a guy from VT named Wyatt Teller who was gonna go mid day 3.

And in your mock draft you had us taking Hernandez with our first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And in your mock draft you had us taking Hernandez with our first round pick.

I did. I also had Cain I believe who was a huge bust.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:39 PM)Synric Wrote: I did. I also had Cain I believe who was a huge bust.

Many draft "experts" in the media also had him rated a first rounder.

I might have also if I had done a mock draft that year.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: I remember telling people that year if they liked Will Hernandez they should check out a guy from VT named Wyatt Teller who was gonna go mid day 3.

That is the Draft for you, a crapshoot. Hope we can get a player like Teller in this Draft in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Many draft "experts" in the media also had him rated a first rounder.

I might have also if I had done a mock draft that year.

Just to show how much smrter I am than the regular poster:

I was a fan of the OG taken right after Hernandez

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-next-Evan-Mathis

I know

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 08:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hopefully get rid of one crappy cut Giants OL (Hart) just to add a different one? Pass.

Bro don’t be so simple minded... will Hernandez is a much better prospect than hart ever was or has been. Also when u look at what we have will Hernandez as a bust is still better than any guard on this team so he’ll yea u bring him in. Smh
Reply/Quote

I wanted Wyatt teller soo bad. And moton
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember some saying he'd be as good or better than Quenton Nelson. Lol.
On a serious note though, I thought he'd be better, but he could just need to be on a more competent OL than NYG.
Not sure that's the Bengals though.

I can think of someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
SAD: Hernandez hasn't lived up to the hype and is trending to be a 2nd round bust

SADDER: I'd still gladly take him over the interior olineman we picked in the 1st round of that draft

Reply/Quote