Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown is a "Glass is half Full" kind of guy
I don't see any big Conspiracy Theories going on here. (to move the team or Marvin has dirt on Mike)

Instead we are seeing an obvious move from an obvious man.

Mike Brown is and has always been a "Glass is half Full" kind of guy.

He has plenty of brown suits in the closet, an older paid off car that starts when he turns the key, an orderly personal schedule no doubt, a secure Family business and deep roots in Cincinnati. The type of guy that thrives on having all his ducks in a row. A list maker and list doer.

He was probably the type of kid that couldn't wait to get home so he could do his homework. Maybe collected coins or stamps and did every chore on his chore list without ever needing to be told to do them.

He will see our last Draft as being a half full glass or even fuller, a 7 and 9 season as nearly half full and likely has 2015 tattooed in his mind as Proof that filling the glass is within reach someday.

Now he is solving his latest problem in an orderly way. One Coach at a time starting with a new 2 year deal for Marvin. May have to bend a little on Assistants as they are added back in an orderly fashion and he comes to accept any new Assistants into the Organization.

These are big changes to a guy with an old paid off car.

Likely has his sleep schedule slightly askew right now.

Still the glass is half full, things are getting back in order and this excitement will soon calm down for Mike.

The Fun stuff is right around the corner for Mr. Brown with current Bengal player evaluations leading to Draft evaluations, then the Draft.

The Roster will look at least half full to Mike with new Draft choices soon to come into the fold.

Marvin Lewis struck Gold when he landed and cultivated his relationship with Mike.

A half full Coach found a half full Owner and Marvin knows exactly which buttons to push to disrupt the order Mike lives by just enough to stay hired while getting what Power he can from the list maker.
Reply/Quote
A glass half full kinda guy? More like an add some water to that ketchup and use the rest of it up before you throw it away kinda guy.

Where is Antifa when we need them outside of PBS?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown would suck a nickel out of my ass if i told him he could keep it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: A glass half full kinda guy? More like an add some water to that ketchup and use the rest of it up before you throw it away kinda guy.

Where is Antifa when we need them outside of PBS?!

And that will be some of the Best ketchup he has had in a long time in his mind.

He is likely one of the happiest and most content people around.

Already has half a glass in nearly every situation.

Just needs to add more to it in the offseason.

This is big, uncomfortable change in his world.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't see any big Conspiracy Theories going on here. (to move the team or Marvin has dirt on Mike)

He has plenty of brown suits in the closet, an older paid off car that starts when he turns the key, an orderly personal schedule no doubt, a secure Family business and deep roots in Cincinnati. The type of guy that thrives on having all his ducks in a row. A list maker and list doer.

He was probably the type of kid that couldn't wait to get home so he could do his homework. Maybe collected coins or stamps and did every chore on his chore list without ever needing to be told to do them.

He will see our last Draft as being a half full glass or even fuller, a 7 and 9 season as nearly half full and likely has 2015 tattooed in his mind as Proof that filling the glass is within reach someday.

Now he is solving his latest problem in an orderly way. One Coach at a time starting with a new 2 year deal for Marvin. May have to bend a little on Assistants as they are added back in an orderly fashion and he comes to accept any new Assistants into the Organization.

Still the glass is half full, things are getting back in order and this excitement will soon calm down for Mike.

The Fun stuff is right around the corner for Mr. Brown with current Bengal player evaluations leading to Draft evaluations, then the Draft.

The Roster will look at least half full to Mike with new Draft choices soon to come into the fold.

Marvin Lewis struck Gold when he landed and cultivated his relationship with Mike.

A half full Coach found a half full Owner and Marvin knows exactly which buttons to push to disrupt the order Mike lives by just enough to stay hired while getting what Power he can from the list maker.

I would use a slightly different, yet similar way of describing Mike Brown that I think is more accurate.
He's a "good enough" kind of guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mike Brown would suck a nickel out of my ass if i told him he could keep it.

He is wise enough, however, to make you confirm that you had a Nickel in there before he got it out.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't see any big Conspiracy Theories going on here. (to move the team or Marvin has dirt on Mike)

Mike brown is the worst example of nepotism in sports ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would use a slightly different, yet similar way of describing Mike Brown that I think is more accurate.
He's a "good enough" kind of guy.

The 2005 and 2015 teams are likely etched in his mind as his achieving a Full Glass only to have QB injuries derail complete success.

I have little doubt that Mike believes that he and Marvin can win it all.

It may be delusional for him to think it but 2005 & 2015 are likely reference points for him to lean on mentally.

Just needs the QB healthy the next time they fill up the glass.

I would bet that Mike is Optimistic about the next 2 years and that he and Marvin will prove they are "good enough" to finally pull it off.

Win it all.

Win back the fans.

I think he believes this.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mike Brown would suck a nickel out of my ass if i told him he could keep it.

Yeah...I lol'ed on that one.
Reply/Quote