Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey or Jefferson
Please play one of them over Hardy Nickerson. He is just straight clueless out there in coverage. It can't be any worse than what Nickerson is giving them. Also I thought Burfict played pretty good his first game back.
Reply/Quote
It certainly could be worse. Jefferson didn’t look good during the pre-season against the back-ups. Bad angles, bad reads. He looked fine against the Colts, but very underwhelming. Nickerson is a better option than Jefferson right now, and that’s a testament to how ready Jefferson is.

I always did like Rey. He was okay, not great in coverage. Perhaps he is falling off harder than we think, but I’d like to see him out there again.
Reply/Quote
Lets do the unthinkable and trade for one at the deadline!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:35 PM)corpjet Wrote: Lets do the unthinkable and trade for one at the deadline!!

Bold strategy Cotton 
Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey. Rey will at least shed some blocks and get up in the hole and break down and wrap.
Heck Id sign Ahmed Brooks and cut Nickerson.Hes the most timid lber Ive seen since me in 6th grade. Hardy shys away from contact
Reply/Quote
Nickerson only played 12% of the snaps on Sunday and that will go down next Sunday as Burfict is expected to play more than 53% of the time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:54 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Please play one of them over Hardy Nickerson.   He is just straight clueless out there in coverage.   It can't be any worse than what Nickerson is giving them. Also I thought Burfict played pretty good his first game back.

them preferring nickerson over rey from week 1 was a big surprise to me.  to be honest neither of them are going to make a massive difference and they have the same role as backup/fill in but Rey had done nothing to make him lose out to nickerson in my opinion
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 06:11 PM)sonofstat Wrote: them preferring nickerson over rey from week 1 was a big surprise to me.  

Same here.

Nickerson has played 208 snaps on defense.  Vinny has played 2.
Reply/Quote