Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants will play starters
Brian Daboll has said his starters will play on Sunday, at least for some snaps. Zac has said NO starters will play except for those involved in position battles (cough cough LG). It will be interesting to see how the OL holds up

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: Brian Daboll has said his starters will play on Sunday, at least for some snaps.  Zac has said NO starters will play except for those involved in position battles (cough cough LG).  It will be interesting to see how the OL holds up

D'Ante Smith vs Azeez Ojulari/ Kavon Thibodeaux and Jackson Carman and/or Cordell Volsen vs Dexter Lawrence/Leonard Williams will be matchups vs offensive line to watch... Along with Trey Hill vs those same IDL.

Giants highly drafted young offensive tackles Andrew Thomas and rookie Evan Neal vs the Bengals young Edges Joseph Ossai, Cam Sample, Jeffrey Gunter.

Edit: First Pre-Season game phenom Kendrick Pryor vs Adoree Jackson would be a great matchup if they get him out there early.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope Browning and Plitt are feeling limber, cuz they're gonna be chased a lot on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I think NYG is doing this because they are not sure who's going to be their starting QB. I heard that Tyrod Taylor is taking some first-team reps. I could see each getting a drive with the starters.

As to the Bengals, I have mixed feelings. I'd like to get that Oline a little work before the season kicks off, but we'll most likely do that at joint practice next week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This will be good for Carman and Volson.
Hopefully the starters stay out there long enough for both of those guys to get some reps against starting IDL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good we need to see what Volson looks like against starters

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I kind of hope we get some starters game action at some point. I mean KC played Mahomes last week. Buffalo’s going to be playing all of their starters a decent amount this week. We started last year flat and I don’t want that happening again this year, especially since Baltimore’s defense is healthy again and Jackson, the regular season superstar is 100%

Those early season games might be difference in home playoff games or not.
Reply/Quote
I mean the Giants starters are basically a bunch of backup quality guys anyways
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 08:59 PM)motoarch Wrote: I mean the Giants starters are basically a bunch of backup quality guys anyways

They have really good skill position players.... Their QB is a scrub.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 08:30 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I kind of hope we get some starters game action at some point. I mean KC played Mahomes last week. Buffalo’s going to be playing all of their starters a decent amount this week. We started last year flat and I don’t want that happening again this year, especially since Baltimore’s defense is healthy again and Jackson, the regular season superstar is 100%

Those early season games might be difference in home playoff games or not.

Well, the Bengals did win the first regular season game and started 5 and 2. And since there are two weeks between the final preseason game and the start of the season, I would not have a problem if the starters didn't play until the final preseason game. I wouldn't want to risk injury if they are still rounding into shape.

I remember last preseason there were a lot of complaints about Ja'Marr Chase not getting enough snaps in preseason, particularly with Burrow, but it turned out just fine.
Reply/Quote
Good. Be interesting to see a few of our boys against some starters.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: Brian Daboll has said his starters will play on Sunday, at least for some snaps.  Zac has said NO starters will play except for those involved in position battles (cough cough LG).  It will be interesting to see how the OL holds up

Gonna be ruff start for our backup QB
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 08:30 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I kind of hope we get some starters game action at some point. I mean KC played Mahomes last week. Buffalo’s going to be playing all of their starters a decent amount this week. We started last year flat and I don’t want that happening again this year, especially since Baltimore’s defense is healthy again and Jackson, the regular season superstar is 100%

Didn't we start "flat" last year because Burrow was still dealing with his knee? Like wearing a brace, the mentality of having guys diving around your legs and what not, etc?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't we start "flat" last year because Burrow was still dealing with his knee? Like wearing a brace, the mentality of having guys diving around your legs and what not, etc?

lot of bad coaching decisions early too
Reply/Quote
Looks like Daboll changed his mind. Jones likely won't start, and their OL is injured worse than ours so they will be starting whoever is healthy on offense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well it looks like it could be Volson all the way with Carman having the Vid. Be a good chance to see him against defensive starters.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't we start "flat" last year because Burrow was still dealing with his knee? Like wearing a brace, the mentality of having guys diving around your legs and what not, etc?

Burrow wasn't the only one.
Hopkins was obviously still in recovery from his season-ending injury the December prior.
RG was still trying to get their feet wet (although they never did even by season's end).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Funny Callahan was always going to call plays this game. Martindale the Giant’s DC not a fan of Zac. Losing to the Bengals probably got him fired ?. He blitzes any way a ton. He laughed at Brian it’s all yours. Plus playing their starters.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: Looks like Daboll changed his mind. Jones likely won't start, and their OL is injured worse than ours so they will be starting whoever is healthy on offense

Too bad, was wanting them to start more of their starters but okay lets beat them down.

Who is Daniel Jones backup? The backup QB's might get a lot of trouble from Zach Carter and Jeffrey Gunter both of which I 
thought looked pretty great against the Cardinals.

(08-19-2022, 12:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well it looks like it could be Volson all the way with Carman having the Vid. Be a good chance to see him against defensive starters.

Yes, this is what I wanted to see, Volson against NFL starting D-lineman. This could be huge in him gaining confidence.

(08-19-2022, 03:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Funny Callahan was always going to call plays this game. Martindale the Giant’s DC not a fan of Zac. Losing to the Bengals probably got him fired ?. He blitzes any way a ton. He laughed at Brian it’s all yours. Plus playing their starters.

Wink sure had his Baltimore Defense blasted by Burrow. Lets see how well our other QB's handle the blitz.

I liked what I saw of Plitt and Browning, especially Plitt. Weird ass name but damn I thought he was perfect against the Cards.

Plitt stood in the pocket and delivered some nice balls. Would be awesome if this guy came out of nowhere and became a decent
backup QB for us. I don't have any hope for Brandon Allen after the Cards game, he is still running into defenders out there just 
like in TC and practice. No good. Browning actually evades pressure and can throw on the run.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too bad, was wanting them to start more of their starters but okay lets beat them down.

Who is Daniel Jones backup? The backup QB's might get a lot of trouble from Zach Carter and Jeffrey Gunter both of which I 
thought looked pretty great against the Cardinals.

Tyrod Taylor is #2 behind Jones on the depth chart. There’s actually been talk of him pushing Jones for the starting job. I honestly don’t see it but he isn’t a pushover at QB. It’ll be a good test for our defense.
Reply/Quote