Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
(06-30-2018, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All I can say is that part of your GIF prowess is knowing when NOT to use one....

Yeah. Believe me, there are times I get an idea and find something more than I'm looking for and think, Man, That's friggen hilarious. Then I get ready to post, and my inner dog says, "Hey!" So I frown and delete and go with the next best thing. LOLOLOL. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon is going to shatter most of Corey Dillon's records.
Reply/Quote
Not just focus on the football field but keep his nose clean off it. He will be fine!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 03:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah. Believe me, there are times I get an idea and find something more than I'm looking for and think, Man, That's friggen hilarious. Then I get ready to post, and my inner dog says, "Hey!" So I frown and delete and go with the next best thing. LOLOLOL. 

Spit coffee on the screen when I read "my inner dog".  Hilarious.  

I had a facebook account that was named after my first dog, Cooper.  I would post everything from his point of view.  It was pretty funny.  He would also write our Christmas card brief "family update".  When he died, I changed the fbook to just plain ol me and my new lab doesn't get to write the Christmas card...it just didn't feel right.  That was Cooper's thing.  

But your stuff is not only good Bengal discussion, but always makes me laugh.  Thanks for that.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: But your stuff is not only good Bengal discussion, but always makes me laugh.  Thanks for that.  
Wouldn't be the same around here without the Dog.  He's made me spew drinks a few times as well.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 08:38 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Wouldn't be the same around here without the Dog.  He's made me spew drinks a few times as well.  

Cool

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 12:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The fact that less than a third of the backs in the league last season got to 1,000 makes it kind of impressive.

Usage will matter.  Teams now tend to have an extra reciever and no FB usually, then , have 2 RB's share what carries happen.  Mixon runs well... it's  almost funny that he is as BIG as he is yet runs like a quick/smaller RB.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 07:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm so full of the kool-aid that I have to vomit to drink some more (not like a hooker who has 4 more hours left on her shift and its been busy today or something of that nature). But almost all the news we have received has been awesome. Pass me some of that orange stuff! I might mix some vodka with it, but that just makes it sweeter.  Wink

You know it Dog. Just hoping for little to no injuries and it should be a really fun year to watch.

I have said it many times that it should take some time for the new O-line to gel but it is nice we get a rusty Luck
in the first game with a new coach and our schedule is reasonable early. If we come out of the first 4 games 2-2
we should make a nice run towards the end of the season rolling into the Playoffs with a running game.

We just added two great run blockers in Glenn and Price and with Pollack coaching the O-line up we could be good.

Mixon and Gio should be licking their chops.

(06-30-2018, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While we are pouring out the optimism, let's not forget that a team that can run the ball plays with a bit of an attitude.  I was really fired up (as was the offensive line) after that SD game in SD where injury forced Whit to LG and they pulled him on several straight plays and he was just mauling guys.  I remember reading that an official even commented to him about it!  

There is nothing more demoralizing to a team than being unable to stop a rushing attack.  I am very, very excited about ours this season as I believe we have the line, the backs, and the coach to make it happen. 

Let the rest of the NFL go to the pass while we run all over them is what i say.

Like you said, it is demoralizing and we now have the players to do it.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 08:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon is going to shatter most of Corey Dillon's records.

Wow! I'm not so sure about that, but I hope you're right.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 08:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon is going to shatter most of Corey Dillon's records.

Which records will those be? Throwing pads the furthest into the stands maybe?  I have high hopes for the kid, but shattering records of one Corey Dillon? Where I come from we hook the horse up in front of the cart, not the other way around.  But hey, if you have a cart pushing horse by all means ....lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hill will gain 1000 yards for the Pats this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill will gain 1000 yards for the Pats this year.

Doubt it, last i heard he isn't even the starter.
Reply/Quote