Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
I think he should. If he doesn't the season probably didn't go as we all hope.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 09:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think he should. If he doesn't the season probably didn't go as we all hope.

Agree.  If we have a good season, then Mixon will get his numbers. 
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think he will definitely be a key fantasy person because he won't have Hill vulture his TDs in goal line and I think he will get quite a bit more attempts in the passing game.  He will also have the benefit (yes, benefit) of having Gio spell him and help to keep him fresh.  He actually improved as the season wore on last year, which is rare for a rookie.   

I have high hopes for Gio, as he is my dark horse this year for the player that no one is talking about (at least not a lot) and ends up having a massive season.  A lot of attention is going to Mixon, but when Gio has been healthy, he has been very good.   It has been a long, long time since the Bengals had two backs that averaged over 4.2 ypc, but this could be the season.  (I'm drooling now).  And I don't see Lazor as the guy that will just run the ball on first down, 2nd and medium, 3rd and long (the dreaded draw), but will mix in the run at various points and especially use his ability to go no-huddle when the opposing defense sees Eifert and Kroft on the field with Ross and Green and lines up in nickel.  Just put one of those TEs on the line and pound the shit out of the tiny defensive players. Hewitt could excel here as well.  

Back to Mixon:  My biggest reason for optimism is the blocking scheme is going to be more what he was familiar with and he was already clocked as one of the fastest RBs hitting the LOS.  If there is a hole, he will pound it.  (That's what she said....Does that ever stop being funny?  It hasn't for me....)

Man, I can't wait for football, even though I usually suffer through training camps and preseason fearing injuries.  

Nice post man, got me drooling as well. Gio can be really good as well and can take it the distance at any moment.

Always said he reminded me of a mixture of Darren Sproles with a touch of Barry Sanders even if that is crazy high praise.

Mixon reminds me of AP but with great hands and overall just more versatile.

A little Eric Dickerson in him the way he runs upright.

Extremely talented RB's and with a decent O-line are primed to be one of if not the best duos in football.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post man, got me drooling as well. Gio can be really good as well and can take it the distance at any moment.

Always said he reminded me of a mixture of Darren Sproles with a touch of Barry Sanders even if that is crazy high praise.

Extremely talented RB's and with a decent O-line are primed to be one of if not the best duos in football.

Now you got ME drooling!   :drool:
Reply/Quote
I can't find the post, but I saw Mixon was down to 220 lbs. During the season last year, he was (much) heavier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 10:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Agree.  If we have a good season, then Mixon will get his numbers. 

Or...we will have a good season if he gets his numbers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post man, got me drooling as well. Gio can be really good as well and can take it the distance at any moment.

He reminds me of a cross between Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Thor, and Jesus.
Reply/Quote
I almost hated that I loved it when we drafted Joe Mixon because of the off-field stuff, but I did love it and for good reason. His potential is very high. Higher than we've had since Dillon if you ask me. Mixon could be special, and I hope it gels so that he does.

Gio is one of my favorite Bengals. This guy is the definition of a team player. He is humble and is extremely talented. Fully healthy, I expect him to give us some more great highlight reels.

These guys could be quite a dynamic duo..... I love koolaid by the way. If you put it in front of me and it looks good, i will drink it, and this koolaid looks great!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: Or...we will have a good season if he gets his numbers.

That would work too.
Reply/Quote
some of the posts ive say things "I wasnt impressed last year with him...he caught from behind etc etc..."
let me tell.you why i have optimism for Joe Mixon in 2018.
he will be running behind a oline that was coached by man.who.coached a oline that is now one of the NFLs elite.
Joe Mixon too many times last year had to make a DT miss just so he could get back to the LOS.
there isnt no current NFL RB that could have prospered with Russell Bodine at C and revolving door at LT.
he has a road grader at LT. Billy Price wont be shoved in Mixons lap.every 6th carry.
Mixon best days are ahead of him.
think of him as the opposite of Jeremy Hill.
Hill came out the gate on fire. lit up Denver on MNF.
now he's the 4th RB in New England
i betcha Mixon racks up more yards than Hill this season.
Mixon got better as the season went on.
hes a bell cow. not a rotational RB. Mixon doesnt wear out.his 4th q. burst is the same as his 1st q. burst.
Reply/Quote

Gio averaged 4.7 ypc in 2015, which was the most balanced offense we have had in his career, along with the best offensive line.  If Mixon averages anywhere near that and Gio can duplicate that number, they will be the best duo in football...especially when you take in to account their ability as receivers.  I sincerely hope they are much more involved in the passing game in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio averaged 4.7 ypc in 2015, which was the most balanced offense we have had in his career, along with the best offensive line.  If Mixon averages anywhere near that and Gio can duplicate that number, they will be the best duo in football...especially when you take in to account their ability as receivers.  I sincerely hope they are much more involved in the passing game in 2018.

That has a nice ring to it.  If the two of them play to their potential, Dalton should be able to light it up.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 08:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That has a nice ring to it.  If the two of them play to their potential, Dalton should be able to light it up.

Synergy.  It all starts to roll when all the pieces are working together.  The rushing attack slows the pass rush.  The defense improves when they aren't on the field as long.  Brad just made a nice post called "four things" and I agree completely.  The changes made on the coaching staff, the line, the weapons healthy, and the running game are all pointing up!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Synergy.  It all starts to roll when all the pieces are working together.  The rushing attack slows the pass rush.  The defense improves when they aren't on the field as long.  Brad just made a nice post called "four things" and I agree completely.  The changes made on the coaching staff, the line, the weapons healthy, and the running game are all pointing up!

You're not helping me be patient for TC to start.  This kind of post makes me wish it would speed up, I'm very excited to get things started!   Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He reminds me of a cross between Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Thor, and Jesus.

Lol, i said it was crazy high praise, just saying who our RB's remind me of style wise.

Gio has great burst like Sproles and is very low to the ground, also has a great spin move similar to Barry and can
be really slippery. We haven't seen all Gio has. Mixon runs upright and physical with great speed and vision similar
to both AP and Dickerson.

Not saying either of these guys are those guys, just who they remind me of with their style in the run game.

Both are great pass catchers too.

(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: some of the posts ive say things "I wasnt impressed last year with him...he caught from behind etc etc..."
let me tell.you why i have optimism for Joe Mixon in 2018.
he will be running behind a oline that was coached by man.who.coached a oline that is now one of the NFLs elite.
Joe Mixon too many times last year had to make a DT miss just so he could get back to the LOS.
there isnt no current NFL RB that could have prospered with Russell Bodine at C and revolving door at LT.
he has a road grader at LT. Billy Price wont be shoved in Mixons lap.every 6th carry.
Mixon best days are ahead of him.
think of him as the opposite of Jeremy Hill.
Hill came out the gate on fire. lit up Denver on MNF.
now he's the 4th RB in New England
i betcha Mixon racks up more yards than Hill this season.
Mixon got better as the season went on.
hes a bell cow. not a rotational RB. Mixon doesnt wear out.his 4th q. burst is the same as his 1st q. burst.

Yep, cannot judge Mixon from last year, no RB would of thrived behind that Line.

It was worse then the Lions Line when Barry Sanders was around.

(06-29-2018, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio averaged 4.7 ypc in 2015, which was the most balanced offense we have had in his career, along with the best offensive line.  If Mixon averages anywhere near that and Gio can duplicate that number, they will be the best duo in football...especially when you take in to account their ability as receivers.  I sincerely hope they are much more involved in the passing game in 2018.

For sure, they are both so versatile, really think it has always hampered us forever not having versatile RB's,
especially a versatile Bellcow like Mixon which we have never had. Our Bellcows have always been pretty much
just runners and the Defense knew what was coming.

Much less predictable with Mixon and Gio.

(06-29-2018, 08:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That has a nice ring to it.  If the two of them play to their potential, Dalton should be able to light it up.

A good running game is a QB's best friend. Defense loves it as well, keeps them fresh and tires out the opposing D.

(06-29-2018, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Synergy.  It all starts to roll when all the pieces are working together.  The rushing attack slows the pass rush.  The defense improves when they aren't on the field as long.  Brad just made a nice post called "four things" and I agree completely.  The changes made on the coaching staff, the line, the weapons healthy, and the running game are all pointing up!

Hard not to get excited if it all comes together and the Line and Backs start to gel and get a rhythm. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I almost hated that I loved it when we drafted Joe Mixon because of the off-field stuff, but I did love it and for good reason. His potential is very high. Higher than we've had since Dillon if you ask me. Mixon could be special, and I hope it gels so that he does.

Gio is one of my favorite Bengals. This guy is the definition of a team player. He is humble and is extremely talented. Fully healthy, I expect him to give us some more great highlight reels.

These guys could be quite a dynamic duo..... I love koolaid by the way. If you put it in front of me and it looks good, i will drink it, and this koolaid looks great!

Great post Bengaloo and i agree this is like some spiked Kool-Aid or something.

Really tasty and gets me really drunk. Hope it is not just that but with Pollack and Lazor seeming to have such
chemistry and adding Glenn and Price to our O-line, both great run blockers in front of this talented of RB's....

Num nums Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post Bengaloo and i agree this is like some spiked Kool-Aid or something.

Really tasty and gets me really drunk. Hope it is not just that but with Pollack and Lazor seeming to have such
chemistry and adding Glenn and Price to our O-line, both great run blockers in front of this talented of RB's....

Num nums Mellow

I'm so full of the kool-aid that I have to vomit to drink some more (not like a hooker who has 4 more hours left on her shift and its been busy today or something of that nature). But almost all the news we have received has been awesome. Pass me some of that orange stuff! I might mix some vodka with it, but that just makes it sweeter.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He reminds me of a cross between Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Thor, and Jesus.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't remind that girl of any of those guys
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A good running game is a QB's best friend. Defense loves it as well, keeps them fresh and tires out the opposing D.

Hard not to get excited if it all comes together and the Line and Backs start to gel and get a rhythm. Rock On

While we are pouring out the optimism, let's not forget that a team that can run the ball plays with a bit of an attitude.  I was really fired up (as was the offensive line) after that SD game in SD where injury forced Whit to LG and they pulled him on several straight plays and he was just mauling guys.  I remember reading that an official even commented to him about it!  

There is nothing more demoralizing to a team than being unable to stop a rushing attack.  I am very, very excited about ours this season as I believe we have the line, the backs, and the coach to make it happen. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 07:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm so full of the kool-aid that I have to vomit to drink some more (not like a hooker who has 4 more hours left on her shift and its been busy today or something of that nature). But almost all the news we have received has been awesome. Pass me some of that orange stuff! I might mix some vodka with it, but that just makes it sweeter.  Wink

All I can say is that part of your GIF prowess is knowing when NOT to use one....
Reply/Quote