Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt compares TCU QB Trevone Boykin to....
...Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423953/article/brandt-tcu-qb-trevone-boykin-like-seahawks-russell-wilson

That's right, Brandt sees a lot of similarities to Russell Wilson. This is intriguing to me because of the Jungle Noise poll to either keep Dalton and Green or instead let Green walk, drop Dalton, and sign Russell Wilson and Brian Quick.

Many site that Wilson would fit well with all the weapons that the Bengals possess. Many also in the past have said that Dalton does not have the proper deep ball accuracy to fully utilize the Bengals WRs.

While Boykin does not possess the overall accuracy that Wilson does, he does have stellar deep ball accuracy. Boykin is also great at scrambling to make plays, and that doesn't mean just tucking the ball and running for yards. Boykin has displayed a throw-first mentality, constantly looking downfield when keeping plays alive. It's a bonus that he's athletic and fast enough to pick up chunks of yards with his legs. If the comparisons to Wilson stick once Boykin goes to the NFL, the Bengals could get their Russell Wilson but at a fraction of the cost (Wilson reportedly seeking $22 mill a year).

So with Brandt comparing Boykin to Wilson (he probably isn't the first to make such a comparison), is Boykin a player that would intrigue you enough that you'd like to see him drafted by the Bengals? If so, do you think he could succeed in the Bengals offense as the starting QB?

I have to be honest, if the Bengals don't get a postseason victory yet again this year, I would be ok with moving on from Dalton, still re-sign Green, drafting Boykin to compete with McCarron for QB1, and using the extra money saved from paying Dalton to get a couple solid FA contributors.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haven't seen him play that much but I do trust Gil Brandt scoring ability a lot. I think the Key for any young QB though is what type of philosophy does the team that they are drafted by have. Is it a team that believes in running the football and playing great defense(good situation for an up and coming QB) or is it a team that wants the QB to be the savior of the team(bad situation for a rookie).
Were more of a running team and play great defensive of team then the QB must save us type of team. So yes if Andy is terrible this season and AJ isn't any better then someone like this in the 2nd Rd would intrigue me(if he is good). I think a rookie QB would if he is any good would not hurt this team that much and in a sense would help make the roster better because of the cheaper contract.
With that being said I have faith in Andy and I think he will have a pretty good season like he did in 13 rather than the clunker he had last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote