Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilberry "Tosses" DeShaun Watson from Tuscaloosa Bar
(04-01-2017, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So Wallace made a player from a rival school leave a bar that Alabama players apparently frequent?

And there were no arrests or physical altercations?

There are plenty of legit gripes with this team, but this wouldn't qualify, IMO.

So let me get this straight. Let's say you go to Pitt to watch your beloved Bengals, you roll into Hooters rocking your stripes cause you're hungry; then a couple of Pitt fans say, " No soup for you", and you're gonna just roll out cause they tell you to?

Im calling BS! And yes, it is a reflection of the team and it's leaders when a ten year vet does some dumb shit like that. Obviously, it's not on the team directly, but it's paints another Bengal in a poor light.

A team that just stuck up for Jones for the umpteenth time and is strongly linked to the women beater. Not good,not good at all.

I'm good friends with three guys that have all been GM's of restaurants in T-town. All three of us have worked closely over the past two years because I am one of their main musicians. One moved back last spring to be a GM. The other two are still here. Of the three only one would allow such boarish behaviour. The other two would have tossed Gillberry& Williams, of that I can assure you.

One is currently the food & bev director of the Henderson in Destin. Look it up. It's high dollar. No way that Jeremy or Jeff would allow that to happen. Ben on the other hand probably would. He's currently a GM in T-town.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So Wallace made a player from a rival school leave a bar that Alabama players apparently frequent?

And there were no arrests or physical altercations?

There are plenty of legit gripes with this team, but this wouldn't qualify, IMO.

No gripes about the team, just a gripe about Wallace Gilberry being a giant D-bag in order to impress kids 10 years his junior at his alma mater.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:43 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: So let me get this straight. Let's say you go to Pitt to watch your beloved Bengals, you roll into Hooters rocking your stripes cause you're hungry; then a couple of Pitt fans say, " No soup for you", and you're gonna just roll out cause they tell you to?

Im calling BS! And yes, it is a reflection of the team and it's leaders when a ten year vet does some dumb shit like that. Obviously, it's not on the team directly, but it's paints another Bengal in a poor light.

A team that just stuck up for Jones for the umpteenth time and is strongly linked to the women beater. Not good,not good at all.

I'm good friends with three guys that have all been GM's of restaurants in T-town. All three of us have worked closely over the past two years,because I am one of their main musicians. One moved back last spring to be a GM. The other two are still here. Of the three only one would allow such boarish behaviour. The other two would have tossed Gillberry& Williams, of that I can assure you.

One is currently the food & bev director of the Henderson in Destin. Look it up. It's high dollar. No way that Jeremy or Jeff would allow that to happen. Ben on the other hand probably would. He's currently a GM in T-town.

Look at the other side of it. Say a Bengals player goes to bar in Pittsburgh frequented by Steelers players after we beat them in a playoff game (I know unreal right, but let's pretend). Would you think that Bengals player was looking for trouble? Would you expect that Bengals player to be asked to leave? Yes you would. In fact, I'd bet there would be at least three threads claiming the Bengals player went there deliberately to cause trouble and that his common sense had abandoned him.

Watson showed poor judgement by even entering the place. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Look at the other side of it. Say a Bengals player goes to bar in Pittsburgh frequented by Steelers players after we beat them in a playoff game (I know unreal right, but let's pretend). Would you think that Bengals player was looking for trouble? Would you expect that Bengals player to be asked to leave? Yes you would. In fact, I'd bet there would be at least three threads claiming the Bengals player went there deliberately to cause trouble and that his common sense had abandoned him.

I hope DeShaun Watson doesn't go eat in any of the cities he's ever won a game in. Could be trouble. Also, it's been three months. He was in Tuscaloosa for whatever reason, and he wanted to get something to eat. He wasn't wearing any Clemson apparel at all, so it's not like he was bragging about it. From all reports he was pretty lowkey about everything, so I guess I don't get the big deal here about him going to eat there. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Look at the other side of it. Say a Bengals player goes to bar in Pittsburgh frequented by Steelers players after we beat them in a playoff game (I know unreal right, but let's pretend). Would you think that Bengals player was looking for trouble? Would you expect that Bengals player to be asked to leave? Yes you would. In fact, I'd bet there would be at least three threads claiming the Bengals player went there deliberately to cause trouble and that his common sense had abandoned him.

Gilberry is a 32 year old, 10 year NFL veteran who tried to act hard in a bar by helping to kick out a young man who happened to be a QB on the team who beat his alma mater.  Kind of pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:57 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Gilberry is a 32 year old, 10 year NFL veteran who tried to act hard in a bar by helping to kick out a young man who happened to be a QB on the team who beat his alma mater.  Kind of pathetic.

I'm not saying Gilberry was right, but Watson could have eaten somewhere else.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Clemson and Bama aren't really Rivals. They don't even play in the same conference. 

There were no arrests or physical altercations because Watson took the high road

Of course this is no reason to gripe about the team. It's gripping about a 32 year old man acting like he's still a child in school.

1. Clemson just beat Alabama in the championship. Regardless of whether you consider them "rivals", I'm sure they aren't fond of each other right now. Point stands.

2. Speculation. Neither of us were there, and you don't know how Wallace would've reacted if Watson would've stayed. Does he have a long history of violence?

3. Wallace is employed by the Bengals, so of course it's about the team. He represents the Bengals with all off field actions. Fortunately, this isn't a big deal though. For a team that unapologetically employs and defends a player like Pacman Jones, and looks at players like Joe Mixon, Wallace Gilberry asking some dude to leave a bar seems like it should rank around 534th on a list of "worst transgressions" by Bengals players over the last decade+.

Let's be real...if the guy they asked to leave was you or I instead of a star college QB and top prospect, we wouldn't even know about this. Was it dooshy? You bet. A lot of professional athletes are dooshy off the field. Wake me when they arrest Gilberry.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not saying Gilberry was right, but Watson could have eaten somewhere else.

True but so could've Gilberry, yet he chose to engage.  
Reply/Quote

Is this the USA? Is it still a free country? What if he has a girl that is going to school there, or family and was just visiting?

Your argument is as leaky as a bunghole on ex-lax. They had no right to bother him whatsoever. Lucky that Watson didn't call the police or another Bengal would have been in trouble with the police...comprende?
Reply/Quote
SEC fans and some SEC players are sore losers.

It is as simple as that.

They are threatening to kill a ref over a basketball game presently and trying to ruin his business even.

It is a game and Watson won. Get over it.

But if I were Watson ? Would have not went in to a known Alabama bar at this point in time. They are still smoldering from loss and alcohol always adds gas to the fire.

All that being said, would expect the trouble to come from a redneck drunk fan or a young buck player. Not from a middle aged millionaire professional NFL player.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Dude didn't really even touch him. Then again, I think we're all used to Gilberry not wrapping up the QB.

Gilberry just seems like that 32 year old that still hangs out with college guys and thinks he's cool

Nah, it is part of the new NFL mentoring program. Now before the rookie symposium they send guys like Dingleberry and Adam "Give my rain water back, *****!" Jones out to campuses to show student athletes up close and personal how to act like an asshole in public. I heard for players that are still more than 60 credits shy of a degree the NFL will even sign off on some forms to get the player 6 hours of college credit in "Public Relations and Marketing via Social Media," if they spend a week with a current player treating other people like garbage. The NFL is really proud of this program and will probably give 'berry a citation for putting it on the public's radar before the media blitz they had planned for it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
At least they let him take his food to go.
Reply/Quote
Anyone ever been on High Street in Columbus on game day against Michigan and see how Michigan fans are treated? Hint: It ain't exactly cordial ..
Even in the springtime it's not pretty, forget football season. 
It's not as if Gilberry beat the snot out of him. 
That aside I'm sure each and everyone of us who have ever been drunk in a bar as young men were always on our best behavior at all times. I know that I personally was never rude to anyone when I could barely stand up. 
On a side note any bets that the name of the bar is just slightly misleading? I'm guessing that beer there ain't free......just a guess. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You guys just don't understand Alabama.

Gilberry played for Alabama.

Gilberry lives in Alabama.

No one in Alabama gives a flying shit what any of you, or any other people in any NFL city think. And since that is where Gilberry lives he does not care either. He will eat for free in that establishment for the rest of his life.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys just don't understand Alabama.

Gilberry played for Alabama.

Gilberry lives in Alabama.

No one in Alabama gives a flying shit what any of you, or any other people in any NFL city think.  And since that is where Gilberry lives he does not care either.  He will eat for free in that establishment for the rest of his life.

I live pretty close to Clemson university in South Carolina and even I don't give a flying shit. In fact my shit doesn't even fly. It just goes plop.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The "douchiest" thing Watson did was wear his hood inside. They had not right to tell him to leave. In fact, if you read the article, it sounds like Gilberry was "tossed" by the management after they found out about it. Watson showed some class here, he could have sat there and told Gilberry to go #%@$ himself and then sued him when he put hands on him. Really shows wally in a bad light....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: I live pretty close to Clemson university in South Carolina and even I don't give a flying shit. In fact my shit doesn't even fly. It just goes plop.

I live in greenville. Ever go anywhere to watch the games?
Reply/Quote
So classless on Gilberry's part.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:58 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I live in greenville. Ever go anywhere to watch the games?
Yes, the bed where the TV is mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed. 
Strange..you must be the only other Bengals fan in the state. Beautiful morning today in South Carolina, eh? I'm just outside of Elgin which is technically just a traffic light with a post office and a few restaurants.

Reply/Quote
Gilberry too old, and these days should be done for him. Kinda pathetic in my opinion and sad to see an old man trying to hold onto the "good o'le days".

But clearly a locker room leader for the Bengals.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote