Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gin Rummy
I don't know if any of you are into it, but Polish people play a mean game at https://www.playok.com/en/ginrummy/
I started playing them a few months ago and the best players apparently are from Poland.. I kind of learned the strategy the hard way.. Lots of fun if you want to kill time with good players.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't believe there are no gin rummy fanatics here.  How about any fanatics of the gazillion variations of the many types of solitaire games?  I prefer the difficult to win versions such as Canfield. Scorpion and Forty Thieves are nearly impossible to win, but I still play from time to time..
Here's one where you can invent any version of solitaire you want with just about any rules.. https://politaire.com/index
Kind of cool.. You can change all the input methods so you can use a touch screen even if you so desire, change how your mouse reacts, etc.. 

When you get old with too much time on your hands you'll thank me for giving you a way to idle away in your old age with mindless solitaire games.. (assuming you don't go blind or lose all your cognitive functions)

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm more of a 500 or Euchre kind of guy.  I don't mind playing cribbage, but i'm slow at it.  there's a lot of math involved.   

Otherwise i'm a skilled player at domino's and chickenfoot.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 03:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm more of a 500 or Euchre kind of guy.  I don't mind playing cribbage, but i'm slow at it.  there's a lot of math involved.   

Otherwise i'm a skilled player at domino's and chickenfoot.

I used to play both Euchre and cribbage.. I've forgotten how to play them over the years though. I used to be pretty good at Pinochle back when my mother was still alive, but haven't played it since around somewhere in the 80s.. Pinochle was big back when my mom was still active playing.. You almost never hear of it now days.. 

Reply/Quote
When it is just the two of us, my wife and I tend to play Gin over anything else.
Reply/Quote