Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ginsburg isn’t retiring
(01-09-2018, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The willingness with which you utilize racial slurs is astonishing.

I didn't know you were new around here. Welcome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-09-2018, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that would allow for slavery so I guess *some* people would be happier.... Mellow

No it wouldn’t. I’m shocked all these others let that one go. Not really.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-09-2018, 08:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I certainly think Lucie is a racist, but I don't think mocking Warren for lying about having Native American ancestry really qualifies as a racial slur.

I won't bother rehashing the discussion we had in another thread about it. I will just say that using the name of a teenager who sacrifice so much in a manner intended to mock based upon racial claims, is a race based insult and the Pamunkey tribe (of which I know several members) takes great offense to it for this reason.
(01-09-2018, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No it wouldn’t. I’m shocked all these others let that one go. Not really.

Well, actually, the Constitution does permit slavery. Even with the 13th. I mean, that isn't what he intended, but slavery isn't wholesale illegal in this country.
(01-09-2018, 08:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I certainly think Lucie is a racist, but I don't think mocking Warren for lying about having Native American ancestry really qualifies as a racial slur.

I actually consider it much more of an insult to the legacy of Pocahontas than I do a slur against EW.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-09-2018, 06:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You regularly seem to conveniently recontextualize your statements. If it was so 'obvious' you wouldn't have phrased it as such the first time.

Calm down. It was a flippant remark at the beginning of a post. Nothing more.
(01-09-2018, 10:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, actually, the Constitution does permit slavery. Even with the 13th. I mean, that isn't what he intended, but slavery isn't wholesale illegal in this country.

Well you caught that one. Ok everyone’s back on track. LOLYes criminals can be made to work, even for private companies according to the 13th.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-09-2018, 11:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Calling her Pocahontas is race based, and it is an insinuation intended to insult. This, by definition, makes it a racial slur. I didn't say it was racist, I didn't call you racist, I said it was a racial slur. That is what it is by definition.

If calling her Pocahontas was meant to belittle her because you are insinuating that being compared to Pocahontas is an insult then I would think it’s a racial slur. In this case it’s picking a popular name and not meant to impart anything negative about Pocahontas. I could see it as being disrespectful to Pocahontas by using her name to describe a charlatan.

(01-10-2018, 12:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If calling her Pocahontas was meant to belittle her because you are insinuating that being compared to Pocahontas is an insult then I would think it’s a racial slur. In this case it’s picking a popular name and not meant to impart anything negative about Pocahontas. I could see it as being disrespectful to Pocahontas by using her name to describe a charlatan.

It is both an insult to Pocahontas, and a racial slur. It is a race based insult directed at Warren.
Please keep the comments to the topic at hand rather than directing personal slides and insults at other members.

Thank you.

BTW - This board is not going to be an arbitrator on whether the term 'Pocahontas' is racist or not. That said, if someone states that they find a term offensive and there is some controversy over that term, then crassly repeating the term over and over again in posts with the sole purpose of getting under another members' skin will earn you a vacation from P&R for awhile. That is the equivalent of a personal attack.

This board is not a venue for people to troll and insult others. There are plenty of other places on the web for that. We cut some leeway with insults to public figures. There is absolutely none with other members. Cut the crap and treat each other with respect.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]