Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gio And Others Are Returning Punts
I think this would be a good change for this team because we could have possibly three players who could take a punt or kick return to the house anytime that they touch the ball in Gio, Mario, and Adam. I think they would help our offense with getting them good starting field position which is something that could really help Andy and company. As for Tate, yes he has been a reliable returner for this team but unfortunately he has made a lot of decisions that have hurt the team's field position and he is just not an electric returner. I think he has served the team well but we need to add some electricity to our return game. It is time for him to part ways and we need to get excitement again. I'm not bashing Tate but I think his time is done here and I believe if Darrin Simmons has anything to say about it he will be gone. Who Dey!!!!
Reply/Quote
Good. Our return game may have been statistically good when it came to average return yards the past few years, but whenever I heard the coaches spout that off it always annoyed me that they didn't address the fair catch decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good, he should have been doing this his rookie year. PR is the big importance since we don't see
As many KRs now. Gio and jones returning kicks with Alford handling the KR #5 WR job would
Work for me.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In terms of reliability, he has been good. I expect people saw how much more dynamic of a return game the Bengals had last year when Adam Jones was doing KR/PR.

Tate averages just under 10 yards per PR and he fair catches a lot (double digits every year as a Bengal).
Adam Jones averaged almost 12 yards per PR last year, only fair catching once since 2006.

Regarding KR, Jones averaged over 30 yards per return last season and has a 27.84 average as a Bengal.
Tate has a respectable KR average. He has averaged 24.44 yards per KR as a Bengal.

But a hurt returner is a bad returner, and Tate has always shown a good bill of health whereas Jones has not always done so. If Jones can stay healthy like last season, he has shown what a great returner can do compared to a solid returner.

On Tate averaging 22.1 yards on kickoff returns last year and 24.4 overall in Cincy: if you need a guy to catch the ball 6 yards deep in the end zone and bring it out to the 16-18 yard line, Tate is your man.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote