Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio and Hill
Am I overthinking but does it seem we are using these two at the wrong times.. For example 3rd and 1 I would think we use Hill but we use Gio and they stop us.... 3rd and 4-6 we use Gio but should use Hill for blocking purposes... on the blitz... then we use Hill on a screen pass which he drops... I feel we just use them in the wrong times of the game.. the other should be in.. etc.. am I overthinking it...??
Reply/Quote
Not really..

I agree with you. I was a bit irked when they deicded to run it with Gio on the 4th and 1.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Not really..

I agree with you. I was a bit irked when they deicded to run it with Gio on the 4th and 1.

Great cause I was kinda a little angry about it as well... !!
Reply/Quote

Same here, but it seemed like they went with Hill in short yardage situations after Gio was stuffed on that 4th and 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here, but it seemed like they went with Hill in short yardage situations after Gio was stuffed on that 4th and 1.

Just feels like the other should be in when the other one is... lol...  I know it is not favored but I would like to see Gio on some returns!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here, but it seemed like they went with Hill in short yardage situations after Gio was stuffed on that 4th and 1.

Yeah, but I didn't know what was the point in doing it in the first place.

Like you already know Hill is very good in goal line situations and 1 yard shouldn't be a problem to him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:00 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Just feels like the other should be in when the other one is... lol...  I know it is not favored but I would like to see Gio on some returns!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Gio take over for Tate's half of the return duties next year. 

(12-21-2015, 12:01 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Yeah, but I didn't know what was the point in doing it in the first place.

Like you already know Hill is very good in goal line situations and 1 yard shouldn't be a problem to him.

Maybe they were trying to fool them? Gio hasn't been used much in short yardage. Either way, probably not a good call.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Seems to me Gio was in way too much early in the game, makes me wonder if Hill was being benched for some reason.
Just speculation on my part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

That play should have been checked to a QB sneak... But since it wasn't, yes Hill should have been the ball carrier. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Gio take over for Tate's half of the return duties next year. 

Gio did a little returning in the preseason and didn't look impressive. I'd really like this team to invest in a real returner. Alford is basically the biggest investment we've made to challenge Tate. We're just lucky that we can put Pacman back there sometimes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The running game is my main concern...I think we're pretty damn good at just about everything else as long as Dalton is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:20 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: The running game is my main concern...I think we're pretty damn good at just about everything else as long as Dalton is healthy.

We'll be better running (as we have been) when Dalton is healthy and can be a legitimate threat throwing. 
Remember, not only was AJ Green out, but so was Tyler Eifert with AJ McCarron at QB.

The 9ers could afford to not let us run. They sold out to stop the run.
Gio is averaging 4.9 YPC. That's good. 

Hill is having a bad year on his own doing for a lot of it.

They both have among the lowest stuff % of RBs in the NFL. Meaning, they are rarely hit behind or at the LOS
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:24 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We'll be better running (as we have been) when Dalton is healthy and can be a legitimate threat throwing. 
Remember, not only was AJ Green out, but so was Tyler Eifert with AJ McCarron at QB.

The 9ers could afford to not let us run. They sold out to stop the run.
Gio is averaging 4.9 YPC. That's good. 

Hill is having a bad year on his own doing for a lot of it.

They both have among the lowest stuff % of RBs in the NFL. Meaning, they are rarely hit behind or at the LOS

Right. With Dalton out, the defense can send a blitz and they're going to get somewhere. McCarron isn't athletic as Dalton, plus his playing style is more of a pocket passer. Keep the pressure going and attack gaps. That's what the 49ers did and it worked pretty well against them.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: That play should have been checked to a QB sneak... But since it wasn't, yes Hill should have been the ball carrier. 

AJ M is not as athletic as Dalton, if AJM gets hurt on a qb sneak then we are down to Wenning with no nfl experience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue tried to get cute with that 4th and 1 run with Gio.. Just cut that garbage out and either sneak with a QB or pound it with Hewitt or Hill.
Reply/Quote