Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio in odd numbered year ('19)
Gio has been in the league 6 years. Here are the number from his 3 even numbered years compared to the odd numbered years

Even....35 games....1228 rush yds...3.9 avg... 903 rec yds...7.1 avg
Odd.....48 games....1883 rush yds...4.4 avg...1375 rec yds...9.3 avg
Reply/Quote
Huh?

So are these numbers of 1st, 3rd and 5th or 2013, 15 & 17?

Damnit! Just realized that’s a dumb question since his first year was an odd numbered year. Otherwise, it would have been a valid question. Gaah

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Generally speaking, I think the Bengals have performed better in odd years under Marvin Lewis. I don't feel like stat digging to confirm this... Fred?
Reply/Quote
This is the weirdest stat I have seen in a long time. Wtf
Reply/Quote
Fred’s trying to be positive.

Reply/Quote
I think Gio will be used significantly more this year, especially as a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 07:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Gio will be used significantly more this year, especially as a receiver.

Let’s hope it’s the best year of his career.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Let’s hope it’s the best year of his career.

The writing is on the wall that he won't likely be re-signed so it really benefits the Bengals to get as much out of him as they can...he could end up being a higher compensatory pick in 2021.

I like Gio a lot, and think he was largely misused under previous coaching regimes.  
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 07:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Huh?

So are these numbers of 1st, 3rd and 5th or 2013, 15 & 17?

Damnit! Just realized that’s a dumb question since his first year was an odd numbered year. Otherwise, it would have been a valid question. Gaah

Wait...there was an actual question there? 
Ending with a ? = question
Ending with a . = statement....generally speaking.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 08:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wait...there was an actual question there? 
Ending with a ? = question
Ending with a . = statement....generally speaking.. 

You like fishing? Well, kiss my bass! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio has been in the league 6 years.  Here are the number from his 3 even numbered years compared to the odd numbered years

Even....35 games....1228 rush yds...3.9 avg... 903 rec yds...7.1 avg
Odd.....48 games....1883 rush yds...4.4 avg...1375 rec yds...9.3 avg

Ya know, I'm not sure why Gio isn't our #3 WR. He has good hands. He can run his routes correctly. He doesn't give up. He's a good blocker for his size. He actually has a higher receiving production record than all of our WRs except for Boyd and Green. He also has a higher catch percentage, by miles, than our "yet-to-prove-themselves" WRs.

Getting him on the field more that way could be a better option than for the team.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You like fishing? Well, kiss my bass! Hilarious

I'm not really all that enamored with fishing.. I did it to kill time and get my mind off other issues and I REALLY dislike unraveling fishing line and getting poked in the eye with hooks isn't my favorite past time either..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 12:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not really all that enamored with fishing.. I did it to kill time and get my mind off other issues and I REALLY dislike unraveling fishing line and getting poked in the eye with hooks isn't my favorite past time either..  Tongue

Starting to think you have been doing it wrong Cool
Reply/Quote