Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio's Rehab?
Has anyone heard anything about how Gio is doing? I haven't seen any articles about his rehab or date of availability.
Reply/Quote
We can only hope that no news is good news
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 09:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We can only hope that no news is good news

i sure hope so 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
My friend moved out of his building (I think) but I'm not above going and sitting in the lobby to wait ask him how he's doing ThumbsUp

Give me the word and it's done ThumbsUp

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 10:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My friend moved out of his building (I think) but I'm not above going and sitting in the lobby to wait ask him how he's doing  ThumbsUp

Give me the word and it's done  ThumbsUp

Hilarious

Word.

Now go!  Cool
Reply/Quote
As per the usual suspects he's making great progress and we should see him sometime between first snap of the upcoming season and the end of the world as we know it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe I have heard that he says he will be ready to start the season. Maybe Hobson said it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well I found an older article 1st of March Hobspin says worse case scenario he could miss the first 2 games so......let me check with my handy Hobspin decipher ring and "worse case" equals to IR for the season due to guaranteed set backs. Ahhh that's about right. Kinda afraid to ask about Eifert, I'll save that for another day.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 03:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Well I found an older article 1st of March Hobspin says worse case scenario he could miss the first 2 games so......let me check with my handy Hobspin decipher ring and "worse case" equals to IR for the season due to guaranteed set backs. Ahhh that's about right. Kinda afraid to ask about Eifert, I'll save that for another day.

Yup. Usually, no news is good news. Not in our case

Reply/Quote
Hobson says his rehab is going great. He expects him to miss 1-2 games at most. That means we'll see Gio sometime in December.

"Giovani Bernard (ACL) is having maybe the greatest rehab offseason since Leon Hall’s first Achilles’ reconstruction. If not, then since Leon Hall’s second Achilles’ reconstruction, so I’m willing to wager that barring a setback he won’t go on PUP. Maybe he’ll miss the first one or two games of the regular season, but I think that’s it"

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-Combine-ing-efforts-/0ac9d133-202d-455a-ab57-95c698eb2aba
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 08:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Has anyone heard anything about how Gio is doing? I haven't seen any articles about his rehab or date of availability.

I keep hearing his rehab is going great! Seems like he's doing as good as he possible can be. That being said, I can see them not rushing him back with Mixon and Hill. May be pup just based on our roster

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
I won't believe shit till he's literally on the field on gameday
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
2 types of rehab going on here...physical and mental. His leg may be ahead of schedule, but is he going to have he confidence in it to plant and cut and dive into the middle of a pile? No doubt he will at some point, I just wonder how long that takes. It took Geno a full season to get his confidence back....
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard a peep about his rehab so I'm kind of curious myself, but as someone who has torn both acl's and meniscuse's I can say that even though he might be medically cleared by the start of the season if all is going well, I think we'll see a less explosive or more hesitant Gio this upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon you Deborah Downers.. He'll gain 1000 yards in the first game of the season and never look back. Mixon will get 3000, Hill about 2.3 and get promoted to head coach. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Although there isn't another back on our roster who can do what Gio does there is no reason to push him with Mixon in the fold.

A fresh and healthy Gio would be a huge jolt for our offense mid-season.
Reply/Quote