Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giovani Bernard time travel theory
So everyone remember what a hot item Gio was before the season started last year? He was getting a lot of national attention as one of the guys most likely to have a big breakout season. Although he had a solid season (1000+ yards from scrimmage and 7 td in just 13 games) many people here were down on him pretty hard.

But now he is playing like everyone thought he would before last season started. Maybe Gio has somehow breached the boundaries of the time/space continuum and is having his '14 season now instead of last year. And if so, when was the season he had last year from? Sometime in his thirties? Maybe around the time that he discovers the secret of time travel?

I wonder if Hobson would know?
Reply/Quote
I've heard some put forth the theory that it was actually his evil twin trying to end his NFL career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it's a future evil twin. Just like Hill's future evil twin played this past Sunday.

Thankfully the real Gio was around though.
Reply/Quote
I consulted my ayahuasca guide, fredtoast...

It was revealed that all of us---even Gio himself---are subatomic microorganisms in the universe that is comprised of Giovanni Bernard's physiological innerspace. Our Giovanni Universe, consequently, is but a part of the greater Giovanni Multiverse.

On another Giovanni, infinite light years and countless dimensions away, there exists a fredtoast who very much admires the six-time Superbowl champion Cincinnati Bengals dynasty.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So everyone remember what a hot item Gio was before the season started last year?  He was getting a lot of national attention as one of the guys most likely to have a big breakout season.  Although he had a solid season (1000+ yards from scrimmage and 7 td in just 13 games) many people here were down on him pretty hard.

But now he is playing like everyone thought he would before last season started.  Maybe Gio has somehow breached the boundaries of the time/space continuum and is having his '14 season now instead of last year.  And if so, when was the season he had last year from?  Sometime in his thirties?  Maybe around the time that he discovers the secret of time travel?

I wonder if Hobson would know?

I really think people were down on how Gio was being used last year more than anything. Those zero to one yard gains up the gut on first down were getting pretty old after 5 games. That's just not playing to his strengths.

I'll still contend that Gio is best used against a defense that has been worn down some or we can get him the ball where there's some space.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I really think people were down on how Gio was being used last year more than anything. Those zero to one yard gains up the gut on first down were getting pretty old after 5 games. That's just not playing to his strengths.

I'll still contend that Gio is best used against a defense that has been worn down some or we can get him the ball where there's some space.

That's exactly what I just posted in my starting running back going forward thread.

We need Hill to grind it out and get the tough yards, as well as breaking big plays, and then bring in Gio when the defense is too worn down to chase him in space or tackle him with his shifty moves.  That's not saying that Gio shouldn't be used on occasion early, but Hill needs to be our bell cow, and then bring in Gio to keep the defense running in circles, and then bring in Hill to close.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly what I just posted in my starting running back going forward thread.

We need Hill to grind it out and get the tough yards, as well as breaking big plays, and then bring in Gio when the defense is too worn down to chase him in space or tackle him with his shifty moves.  That's not saying that Gio shouldn't be used on occasion early, but Hill needs to be our bell cow, and then bring in Gio to keep the defense running in circles, and then bring in Hill to close.

:))

It is the way to use these two guys. If the defense is even a half a step slow, Gio will make them pay.

Reply/Quote
Using a players talent correctly, Hill to power forward and Gio to finesse the defense in the open field works for us. I hope to see much more from them.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 03:08 AM)Tigerlou Wrote: Using a players talent correctly, Hill to power forward and Gio to finesse the defense in the open field works for us.  I hope to see much more from them.

I'd still like to see some two back sets utilized with them on occasion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 03:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd still like to see some two back sets utilized with them on occasion.

Triple option with Hill as the first hand off possibility and Gio the pitch man.
Reply/Quote
If our line blocks like that every week, it won't matter who or how we run those guys - we will move the chains. Gio took big gains and extended them even further by making guys look stupid at the second level.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:16 AM)treee Wrote: Triple option with Hill as the first hand off possibility and Gio the pitch man.
That would be a nice little wrinkle
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 11:16 AM)Utts Wrote: If our line blocks like that every week, it won't matter who or how we run those guys - we will move the chains. Gio took big gains and extended them even further by making guys look stupid at the second level.

This
Reply/Quote