Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giovani Bernard
(10-02-2017, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be cool if the Vikings traded us a pick for Hill with Cook injured with an ACL injury.

The Vikings already have their Hill in Latavius Murray.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lazor deserves credit on play design on that play. The formation fooled the Browns so badly that Gio had a wide gap with daylight to run into. Then he just turned on the jets and it was over.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: Can we all just recognize for a moment that Bodine should have been flagged on that play? I mean he grabbed a DB's face mask away from the play basically clothes lining him for no reason while Gio was in front of him. I screamed as it happened as I thought it was coming back for sure.

Not to get off topic, but this just reminded me of that moment.

Yeah I seen it and was also afraid it was coming back due to flag over the clothesline.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Giovani Bernard needs more reps.  Just sayin'.  That 61 yard touchdown run after catch was sick.

That was a great play call, even Hill would of scored with that call. Lazor knows his shit.

But i agree, Gio is our best RB right now. Would like to see more of Gio at RB and Mixon at WR.

More double TE sets as well and this Offense could be good with Lazor, even with this poor O-line play.

There are ways to help out the O-line with Playcalling and Lazor knows how to do this.
Reply/Quote
Of course Gio Bernard should be getting more reps in the offense, duh. He's the most dynamic of all the backs, not to mention the hardest to tackle in space, still has a great burst, and pretty good hands to boot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Giovani Bernard needs more reps.  Just sayin'.  That 61 yard touchdown run after catch was sick.

More touches in the passing game? Yes

I'm not a fan of him between the tackles. I've seen enough of that in the past few years. If he's in there on running downs his ypc will drop. He's a space guy.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: Can we all just recognize for a moment that Bodine should have been flagged on that play? I mean he grabbed a DB's face mask away from the play basically clothes lining him for no reason while Gio was in front of him. I screamed as it happened as I thought it was coming back for sure.

Not to get off topic, but this just reminded me of that moment.

As I wrote in another thread, a good non call; it was incidental that his hand was there, it wasn't like he squared up or tackled him with the FM/Helmet, the defender kinda just ran into his outstretched arm.

Don't be like the people (and there were MANY) who said Simpson's TD shouldn't have counted, because in mid-air, his hand just happened to slip under Daryl Washington's helmet, somewhat.

Incidental stuff is a major gray area though, so I understand.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I wrote in another thread, a good non call; it was incidental that his hand was there, it wasn't like he squared up or tackled him with the FM/Helmet, the defender kinda just ran into his outstretched arm.

Don't be like the people (and there were MANY) who said Simpson's TD shouldn't have counted, because in mid-air, his hand just happened to slip under Daryl Washington's helmet, somewhat.

Incidental stuff is a major gray area though, so I understand.

He can't put his hand in the defenders face mask as a blocker (which he did), it should have been called illegal hands to the face at least. Bottom line it was a bonehead move to even put his hand up there as the guy was behind the play.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: He can't put his hand in the defenders face mask as a blocker (which he did), it should have been called illegal hands to the face at least. Bottom line it was a bonehead move to even put his hand up there as the guy was behind the play.

As I said, gray area lol. He shouldn't have put his hands up, but it didn't look like he was purposely knocking his head.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said, gray area lol. He shouldn't have put his hands up, but it didn't look like he was purposely knocking his head.

I just didn't like the fact he reached back behind his body to do something while the play was in front of him. The only thing that was going to happen there was something bad. You got to be smarter there.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just didn't like the fact he reached back behind his body to do something while the play was in front of him. The only thing that was going to happen there was something bad. You got to be smarter there.

Agreed.

Like when Gresham blocked Weems or... no, not Weems, he's a receiver lol. When he blocked whoever against Miami in '13, on MLJ's long TD catch, that was called back.

So infuriating.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said, gray area lol. He shouldn't have put his hands up, but it didn't look like he was purposely knocking his head.

Really not a gray area at all. 
It was an illegal hands to the face. 
It was lucky it went uncalled. 

A gray area would be if a lineman was 3 yards or 3.5 yards downfield on a pass play. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course Gio Bernard should be getting more reps in the offense, duh. He's the most dynamic of all the backs, not to mention the hardest to tackle in space, still has a great burst, and pretty good hands to boot.

Nailed it.
Reply/Quote
I agree he should get more touches......but lost in all of this, what a remarkable comeback after an ACL tear last season.  He must have worked his tail off during rehab.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Currently Mixon is our best runner, Gio is our best running back. Unfortunately our blocking scheme is terrible so no RBs can get anything unless Mixon waits 30 minutes behind the hole for something to open up.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 12:35 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree he should get more touches......but lost in all of this, what a remarkable comeback after an ACL tear last season.  He must have worked his tail off during rehab.

Great point
Reply/Quote
I think it shows that they should have never taken Mixon in the second round it was bad pick we had other needs that had to be filled.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lazor deserves credit on play design on that play. The formation fooled the Browns so badly that Gio had a wide gap with daylight to run into. Then he just turned on the jets and it was over.

This. As soon as the play began I yelled, "Brilliant play call."

Browns had ZERO chance of defending it. Great execution. Call and run by Bernard. As the commentator said, "A lineman could've scored that."

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Agreed. Hill fumbled, let's not forget that! Sad Hill is running hard, I think, because they're trying to get Mixon to steal his job.

Bernard needs more touches for sure. In open space after he makes the first man miss, watch out.

Ross fumbles, sees 5 snaps the rest of the game and no targets.  Hill has fumbled before...in some pretty important situations....no benching.  Hmmmm. 
Reply/Quote
Gio is a great back with a lot of elusiveness and speed, but everyone needs to remember what happened a couple of years ago when the Bengals tried to use him as the bell cow and he literally just go worn down..He's not big enough to take an every down beating..He needs more touches but you pick your spots with him
Reply/Quote