Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl in Denmark to face charges...for using pepper spray on rapist
European liberal nut jobs.

A 17 yr. old fends off a rapist with pepper spray which is illegal. Not clear if attacker was a migrant "Islamic testosterone bomb".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3418751/Danish-17-year-old-girl-used-pepper-spray-fight-rapist-near-migrant-asylum-centre-told-prosecuted-carrying-weapon.html

Right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders — a strong opponent of Muslim migration to Europe — over the past weekend handed out fake pepper spray canisters to women, telling them they need to defend themselves against men he described as “Islamic testosterone bombs.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/28/teen-uses-pepper-spray-to-fend-off-would-be-rapist-guess-who-will-likely-be-charged-now/
Just sad that a woman can't protect herself.
(01-29-2016, 02:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just sad that a woman can't protect herself.

What's even sadder is that people actually say we should be MORE like Denmark and many other countries, without knowing anything about those other countries.
Sovereign Nati Wrote:What's even sadder is that people actually say we should be MORE like Denmark and many other countries, without knowing anything about those other countries.

Yep that is sadder.
Sad
(01-29-2016, 02:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: What's even sadder is that people actually say we should be MORE like Denmark and many other countries, without knowing anything about those other countries.

They've got GREAT healthcare if you've been raped
So it is illegal to possess and use pepper spray? Seems like a dumb thing to ban, but fortunately her fine is going to be less than what I pay for speeding.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-28-2016, 11:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: European liberal nut jobs.

Right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders — a strong opponent of Muslim migration to Europe — over the past weekend handed out fake pepper spray canisters to women, telling them they need to defend themselves against men he described as “Islamic testosterone bombs.”

So the conservative wants women to use FAKE pepper spray to defend themselves, but the liberal is the nutjob?

Why the hell would anyone give out FAKE pepper spray for women to defend themselves?
(01-29-2016, 06:14 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They've got GREAT healthcare if you've been raped

They also have a rape rate one-fourth of the UNnited States.

But who would want the United States to be more like a country that has far fewer rapes and provides health care to all the rape victims? Rolleyes
fredtoa Wrote:They also have a rape rate one-fourth of the UNnited States.

But who would want the United States to be more like a country that has far fewer rapes and provides health care to all the rape victims? Rolleyes

Rape victims can't go to the emergency room and get treated?
(01-29-2016, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So the conservative wants women to use FAKE pepper spray to defend themselves, but the liberal is the nutjob?

Why the hell would anyone give out FAKE pepper spray for women to defend themselves?

Umm, maybe because real pepper spray is illegal. 
(01-29-2016, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They also have a rape rate one-fourth of the UNnited States.

According to a 2014 study published by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, Denmark had the highest prevalence rate of physical and sexual violence against women in Europe. (http://www.france24.com/en/20140305-one-third-women-eu-victims-sexual-violence-crime-rape/)

Yay for Denmark, I guess? Still think we should aspire to be more like Denmark, fred?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-29-2016, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to a 2014 study published by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, Denmark had the highest prevalence rate of physical and sexual violence against women in Europe. (http://www.france24.com/en/20140305-one-third-women-eu-victims-sexual-violence-crime-rape/)

Yay for Denmark, I guess? Still think we should aspire to be more like Denmark, fred?

I don't even understand what you are trying to say here.

YES I STILL want to be more like Denmark because our rape rate is four times higher. AND we provide health care for all rape victims.

Seriously, Phil, what was your point here?
(01-29-2016, 01:16 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Umm, maybe because real pepper spray is illegal. 

Look up.  There is a point going over your head.
(01-29-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't even understand what you are trying to say here.

YES I STILL want to be more like Denmark because our rape rate is four times higher. AND we provide health care for all rape victims.

Seriously, Phil, what was your point here?

Do you mean that THEY provide health care for all rape victims? 'Cause otherwise ...

Assuming you did, my point is: why don't we try to aspire for a country that is NOT the most violent towards women in Europe?

BTW, my research shows that Denmark's rape rate is only a third better than ours. I know it doesn't invalidate your point, just making sure we're on the same page.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-29-2016, 01:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Assuming you did, my point is: why don't we try to aspire for a country that is NOT the most violent towards women in Europe?

Because no one was talking about any other country in Europe?

I want us to have a lower rape rate and you jump me for it by bringing up things no one was even talking about?  
(01-29-2016, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look up.  There is a point going over your head.

And what point is that, liberals in Denmark have made women easy prey? Nope I got that one. 
(01-29-2016, 04:24 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: And what point is that, liberals in Denmark have made women easy prey? Nope I got that one. 

The question is "Why would anyone hand out fake pepper spray?".

To say the answer to this question is "Because real pepper spray is illegal" completely ignores the main question which is "Why hand it out at all?"  It is worthless as protection and could actually cause a woman to pass up other forms of real protection because she thought she was carrying real pepper spray.

It boggles my mind that you did not see the point of my question.
Every civilization has it's pros and cons It's extremely short sighted to look at one flaw and use it as an excuse not to acknowledge what they've done positively. There isn't a country out there that is perfect. We could all stand to learn from each other as long a we're all wanting a better tomorrow. Anything else is just close minded.

A woman faces charges for using pepper spray to defend herself which is illegal. Clearly that is stupid but to run with it and to make a mountain out of a mole hill to try to prove a point is stupid too.
(01-29-2016, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The question is "Why would anyone hand out fake pepper spray?".

To say the answer to this question is "Because real pepper spray is illegal" completely ignores the main question which is "Why hand it out at all?"  It is worthless as protection and could actually cause a woman to pass up other forms of real protection because she thought she was carrying real pepper spray.

It boggles my mind that you did not see the point of my question.

Actually i think you missed the point. If you were to pick a fight with someone and they pulled out what looks to be a real gun, would you continue to pick that fight? Same concept at work here.
(01-29-2016, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They also have a rape rate one-fourth of the UNnited States.

I wonder if the size of Denmark might be in play here?

Denmark:
https://www.google.com/#q=size+of+denmark

Ohio (not the whole United states):
https://www.google.com/#q=size+of+ohio

United States:
https://www.google.com/#q=size+of+the+United+States

Population -
Denmark - 5.614 Million

Ohio - 11.59 Million

US - 318.9 Million

So if you account for size - Denmark doesn't look so good.