Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give The New Guys Time ... ... Ravens?
The new guys, rookie or veteran, will take a couple/few games to get some chemistry going.

One game has been played and some are calling out Fisher, Og, and Dansby. I believe things will get better with those 3 and the other rookies as well.

The Steelers are the Steelers, and until the Bengals step up and quit letting them own them, then things will stay status quo.

BTW, with Game Pass, I was able to watch the Ravens condensed first half of preseason game 3, and yesterday's game against Buffalo. They look solid and have owned the Steelers for the last 4 or 5 years. I haven't heard much talk about them, but I think they will be a force again.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The new guys, rookie or veteran, will take a couple/few games to get some chemistry going.  

One game has been played and some are calling out Fisher, Og, and Dansby. I believe things will get better with those 3 and the other rookies as well.

The Steelers are the Steelers, and until the Bengals step up and quit letting them own them, then things will stay status quo.

BTW, with Game Pass, I was able to watch the Ravens condensed first half of preseason game 3, and yesterday's game against Buffalo. They look solid and have owned the Steelers for the last 4 or 5 years.  I haven't heard much talk about them, but I think they will be a force again.

they didn't really own us... We gave them a gift last year.  its been a while since they swept us.    so tides have changed this is our division now.
Reply/Quote
They looked solid indeed. Not spectacular, but they certainly looked like a team that's capable of 9 or 10 wins. Their d line performed decently, and their secondary made Taylor hesitate to the point that they weren't really tested. Perriman looked pretty good and made one of those jumping catches that are almost impossible to defend. 

The Ravens games are certainly not going to be gimmes.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they didn't really own us... We gave them a gift last year.  its been a while since they swept us.    so tides have changed this is our division now.

Since 2005 the Bengals are 7-17 against the Steelers.

The Steelers swept in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011.

The Bengals swept in 2009.
Reply/Quote
We have typically matched up well against the Ravens for whatever reason. With that being said the Ravens always play the Squalers tough and then there is the Browns who everyone beats!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:01 PM)corpjet Wrote: We have typically matched up well against the Ravens for whatever reason.  With that being said the Ravens always play the Squalers tough and then there is the Browns who everyone beats!

Go figure. The past 5 or 6 years, Steelers own Bengals, Bengals own Ravens, Ravens own Steelers!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they didn't really own us... We gave them a gift last year.  its been a while since they swept us.    so tides have changed this is our division now.

Steelers swept us in 2014.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No one called any of those guys out. They called out Bodine and Shawn Williams more than anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: No one called any of those guys out. They called out Bodine and Shawn Williams more than anyone else.
I stand corrected with Fisher.  He was at RT some but not mentioned here.

"If that's how Ogbehi and Zeitler are gonna play then one or both need to be benched.

It's hard to blame big Z for being smooshed between a shit sandwich last week. I mean, we know what Bodine can/CANT do.. and Ogb is young and getting his feet wet for the first time. Big Z has to somehow mask BOTH their deficiencies.... kinda makes Z look bad.

Dansby definately needs to have a better game next week.

(I almost want to give Dansby an honorable mention in the Goat section.)"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The new guys, rookie or veteran, will take a couple/few games to get some chemistry going.  

BTW, with Game Pass, I was able to watch the Ravens condensed first half of preseason game 3, and yesterday's game against Buffalo. They look solid and have owned the Steelers for the last 4 or 5 years.  I haven't heard much talk about them, but I think they will be a force again.

This is a misconception over the last 4 years.
2012-  1-1 , we knocked Steelers out of playoff contention
2013-  1-1, won division
2014- 0-2
2015- 1-2 ( won 1st game with Dalton, lost 2nd game when Dalton went out 1st quarter and lost last second in playoffs).

So over the last 4 years, we are 3-6 with two division titles, and knocked steelers out of making playoffs and lost a playoff game to them last seconds without our franchise QB.  I would not call that owning a team, yes they have the better of us but they have not owned us over the last 4 years.

Now lets look at owning a team..  Baltimore
2012-1-1
2013-1-1
2014-2-0
2015-2-0

6-2 over last 4 years... We have won last 5 games against Baltimore defeated them 3 times on last game of the year,  Also Baltimore was at home against a so so Buffalo team and won a ugly game, we went on the road to NY on 9/11 and beat a very good Jets team.... i think you might need to give Bengals a bit more credit over Baltimore in our wins last week
Reply/Quote
Not much difference between 6-2 and 6-3. One is "owning a team" and the other is not?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:41 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not much difference between 6-2 and 6-3.  One is "owning a team" and the other is not?

not when you add it we won a game in Pittsburgh that was a play in to playoffs game, and not having Dalton last year after we beat them with im in Pittsburgh... plus 5-0 last 5 games with Baltimore.. i see a bit of a difference there.. i conceded Pitt has got the better of us last two years but last year with Dalton we beat them at their house then we really lose Dalton in two games and lose close ones... I don;t see them owning us
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is a misconception over the last 4 years.
2012-  1-1 , we knocked Steelers out of playoff contention
2013-  1-1, won division
2014- 0-2
2015- 1-2 ( won 1st game with Dalton, lost 2nd game when Dalton went out 1st quarter and lost last second in playoffs).

So over the last 4 years, we are 3-6 with two division titles, and knocked steelers out of making playoffs and lost a playoff game to them last seconds without our franchise QB.  I would not call that owning a team, yes they have the better of us but they have not owned us over the last 4 years.

Now lets look at owning a team..  Baltimore
2012-1-1
2013-1-1
2014-2-0
2015-2-0

6-2 over last 4 years... We have won last 5 games against Baltimore defeated them 3 times on last game of the year,  Also Baltimore was at home against a so so Buffalo team and won a ugly game, we went on the road to NY on 9/11 and beat a very good Jets team.... i think you might need to give Bengals a bit more credit over Baltimore in our wins last week
I said in another thread, Steelers have owned the Bengals, Bengals owned Ravens, and Ravens owned Steelers.  Go figure.
Reply/Quote
3-6
2-6

records are both getting owned in my book. Average of losing 2 out of 3 or better.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 3-6
2-6

records are both getting owned in my book. Average of losing 2 out of 3 or better.

So I assume you are good with Andy being an elite QB by record ??  So many people argue you have to look at more than just record...so I did in my analysis... so we are 2-2  over last 4 games in Pittsburgh, so how about i say we have not been getting owned on their field of late.. 
Reply/Quote