Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds trade Tucker Barnhart
He's off to Detroit.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tucker-barnhart-tigers-trade
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if this means they are going to try to keep Castellanos?
Reply/Quote
Not sure, Krall gave the old have to manage the budget line today. Hopefully it isn't the start of a complete firesale.
Reply/Quote
Barnhart did a great job behind the plate here in Cincinnati. He helped develop pitchers and called good games. I guess there will be other changes during the off season. The old guys are on their way out.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with this. Stephenson deserves a shot to be full time.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 06:29 PM)Earendil Wrote: I wonder if this means they are going to try to keep Castellanos?

Nah, he's gone. Bob wants to limit the payroll and he's probably going to get 5yr/$100-125m somewhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/reds-gms-latest-quote-translates-to-nick-castellanos-leaving/ar-AAQi3ic
Quote:"Going into 2022, we must align our payroll to our resources and continue focusing on scouting and developing young talent from within our system."

Spent 6 years "rebuilding", 2 years pretending to be a potential playoff team, and now another 5+ years of rebuild incoming.

He needs to sell the team.

- - - -

Also this trade seems like a salary dump. They got back a 24-year-old 3B out of college who hit .196 in A Ball in 2021 after hitting .158 in A Ball in 2019. Oof.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ugh
Reply/Quote
They weren't going to keep him at 7.5 million as the backup catcher nor should they pay him to not be here. The trade makes sense but the comments about it from Krall just suck.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote