Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving to the community after a great season.
So I wanted to wait a day after the disappointment from Sunday.  It was an amazing season and everything seemed so close but sadly we'll have to wait another year for the next chance at Lombardi Trophy.  With that said I think this is a good time to reflect on what an amazing season it has been and also remember that we can do more than just be fans.  We can also give back.

As most here probably know Burrow has the Hunger Relief Fund that helps combat food insecurity for those in South East Ohio:

https://appalachianohio.networkforgood.com/projects/98120-the-joe-burrow-hunger-relief-fund

They have an 56 dollar option to donate for Super Bowl 56 or options for whatever one feels like donating.

I know many of us have donated to Burrow's cause before so if you want to mix it up a bit this time there is also the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank that several players have worked with and is a a great organization.  They do much more than providing food, they also offer other important services for those in need.

https://freestorefoodbank.org/

I know the Super Bowl loss stings as the Bengals were so close to taking the Lombardi Trophy home.  But now let's consider what a great season it was and how fun it was to be a fan this year when no one expected the Bengals to achieve what they did.  If you have a few bucks to spare let's give a little back to those in need in celebration of this season and as appreciation for the players that fought so hard on the field and really gave us an awesome season as fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Thank you for sharing the links and I appreciate your post. You excel at keeping it positive!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thank you for sharing the links and I appreciate your post. You excel at keeping it positive!

Thank you, and I understand it is hard to be positive right now.   What a great season despite how it ended.  I think one way to show how much we as fans appreciated the season and what the players fought hard for is to give a few bucks to charities that the players support.  We as fans have no say in how the game is played and how the game is coached.  But we can make a difference in supporting charities the players believe in and by doing so I think the players might appreciate it. 

I'm not trying to push people to donate anything.  But it certainly would be cool if we as fans said, "Hey this season was awesome.  Let's give a a few bucks to celebrate what the Bengals accomplished and also help those in need."

We are fans but can also be more than fans.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thank you for sharing the links and I appreciate your post. You excel at keeping it positive!

And it makes me laugh that he’s so positive but his name is from one of the most negative people ever!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And it makes me laugh that he’s so positive but his name is from one of the most negative people ever!

I've made the same observation.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And it makes me laugh that he’s so positive but his name is from one of the most negative people ever!

(02-15-2022, 08:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've made the same observation.

Yeah for some time I've been wanting to change my name because it is so negative but can't think of one I want.  When I made my account I thought it was funny because I like Seinfeld.  But over the years I have realized that my name kind of comes off as negative and readers might think I'm an asshole just due to the name and not just because sometimes I'm can be an asshole.  Can't stand ya...

I brought this up a few years ago in another thread and kind of forgot about it until today.

I'm very willing to change it if the mods will do it for me. Maybe we can do a name change poll to help me pick one. Obviously no names that would be controversial, against the terms of service, or embarrassing for me.   Submit your ideas and maybe Holic or mods can make a name change poll for votes. If so I'll donate $100 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund and $100 to the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank if then winning name gets more than 50% of the votes and adopt the new name.  

If not I'll donate $50 to the charities mentioned above and adopt the name chosen by the most votes.  Have at it and I look forward to your ideas as this could be fun and I rather would like to have a new user name.  But please remember it should fit the forum and not make me look like and ass.  So no references to Steelers, Ravens, Browns, etc.  :)

Maybe @*rfaulk34* could host it because I know he likes nickname polls.    Tongue

Or maybe I should just stay George C due to my time spent here as that name.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So I wanted to wait a day after the disappointment from Sunday.  It was an amazing season and everything seemed so close but sadly we'll have to wait another year for the next chance at Lombardi Trophy.  With that said I think this is a good time to reflect on what an amazing season it has been and also remember that we can do more than just be fans.  We can also give back.

As most here probably know Burrow has the Hunger Relief Fund that helps combat food insecurity for those in South East Ohio:

https://appalachianohio.networkforgood.com/projects/98120-the-joe-burrow-hunger-relief-fund

They have an 56 dollar option to donate for Super Bowl 56 or options for whatever one feels like donating.

I know many of us have donated to Burrow's cause before so if you want to mix it up a bit this time there is also the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank that several players have worked with and is a a great organization.  They do much more than providing food, they also offer other important services for those in need.

https://freestorefoodbank.org/

I know the Super Bowl loss stings as the Bengals were so close to taking the Lombardi Trophy home.  But now let's consider what a great season it was and how fun it was to be a fan this year when no one expected the Bengals to achieve what they did.  If you have a few bucks to spare let's give a little back to those in need in celebration of this season and as appreciation for the players that fought so hard on the field and really gave us an awesome season as fans.

Great idea and thanks for the share

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah for some time I've been wanting to change my name because it is so negative but can't think of one I want.  When I made my account I thought it was funny because I like Seinfeld.  But over the years I have realized that my name kind of comes off as negative and readers might think I'm an asshole just due to the name and not just because sometimes I'm can be an asshole.  Can't stand ya...

I brought this up a few years ago in another thread and kind of forgot about it until today.

I'm very willing to change it if the mods will do it for me. Maybe we can do a name change poll to help me pick one. Obviously no names that would be controversial, against the terms of service, or embarrassing for me.   Submit your ideas and maybe Holic or mods can make a name change poll for votes. If so I'll donate $100 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund and $100 to the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank if then winning name gets more than 50% of the votes and adopt the new name.  

If not I'll donate $50 to the charities mentioned above and adopt the name chosen by the most votes.  Have at it and I look forward to your ideas as this could be fun and I rather would like to have a new user name.  But please remember it should fit the forum and not make me look like and ass.  So no references to Steelers, Ravens, Browns, etc.  :)

Maybe @*rfaulk34* could host it because I know he likes nickname polls.    Tongue

Or maybe I should just stay George C due to my time spent here as that name.

I like the name and I am a big Seinfeld fan, too. It doesn’t make me think you are being negative at all- always makes me laugh remembering that episode.

It just occurred to me that all of this time you have probably just been donating to the “Human Fund”!
Reply/Quote