Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow Released
Just saw posted on the Bengals facebook.

Sucks, he had promise before that injury.
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Which injury? He’s had multiple. He was never going to be anything special, just a competent backup.
Reply/Quote
That's a shame. He played decently when he was healthy, but just couldn't stay off the IR.

Renell Wren will likely fill his intended role on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:25 AM)camman007 Wrote: Just saw posted on the Bengals facebook.

Bad teams get better by getting underperforming players better or cutting finding better options and then cut the dead weight. Coaches obviously feel he was taking a spot someone else could fill better and be more productive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well, you can look at this a couple ways.

First, as a cost cutting move. Glasgow only made $929k, so we do not save much $$ cutting him. And he has a $104k dead cap number. So we are only looking at $825k in savings. Now, one of the FAs (Clark) will certainly make less, but not by very much.

Second, we just did not think he would play much, as Reader, Geno, and Tupou all are clearly ahead of him, and we liked the upside/savings combo of guys near his level better (Wren, Clark, Dotson). Remember, Hubbard & Kareem can play inside some as well.

Lastly, maybe we are looking at 8-9 DL instead of 10-11.

Anyway, kind of surprising as I thought he'd get a look when healthy.
Reply/Quote
Shame as he was a good rotational piece.

The D-line is looking rather thin at the moment. This no doubt increases Andrew Brown's chances of making the roster as with, at least for now, Kareem on NFI list and Kendall Futrell on the COVID list I'm struggling to name a 9th D-lineman who is fit.

I would not be surprised to see a waiver claim on a DE.
Reply/Quote
He failed his physical. I suppose he was just not able to recover from the last injury. Sucks for him, he had potential.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He failed his physical. I suppose he was just not able to recover from the last injury. Sucks for him, he had potential.

Agreed.   Had an injury problem, but I thought he was a solid rotational piece when he was healthy.  I was a fan.
Reply/Quote
We've had way too many 3rd and 4th round picks offer virtually nothing these last 5 years.

-Malik Jefferson
-Mark Walton
-Jordan Willis
-Josh Malone
-Ryan Glasgow
-Paul Dawon
-Marcus Hardison

Obviously you're not going to hit on a high percentage of starters in the middle rounds, but it definitely seems like we've had way too many of these guys, who accomplish little to nothing, as of late.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:25 AM)camman007 Wrote: Just saw posted on the Bengals facebook.

Surprised me, yeah Glasgow was good when healthy. Just injury prone it seems.

They must like their depth with Tapou and Wren.
Reply/Quote
I actually didn't think he was going to make the team this year anyway.

I also think, though somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that as long as he isn't claimed on waivers he'll revert to our IR list, since it was an injury waiver.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:46 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Shame as he was a good rotational piece.

The D-line is looking rather thin at the moment. This no doubt increases Andrew Brown's chances of making the roster as with, at least for now, Kareem on NFI list and Kendall Futrell on the COVID list I'm struggling to name a 9th D-lineman who is fit.

I would not be surprised to see a waiver claim on a DE.

From what I saw, both Kareem & Bailey are on the active/NFI list, and the Bengals expect both to be participating in camp soon.

As for DL, without Kareem & Futrell: Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Tupou, Wren = 7. Plus Brown, Clark, Dotson, & Akinmoldun.

I wouldn't expect a waiver signing. With only 80 guys allowed into camp, we had, by my count, 86 guys before releasing Swann & Glasgow for failed physicals. I may have missed a couple releases, but we need to release more guys. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 12:37 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I actually didn't think he was going to make the team this year anyway.

I also think, though somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that as long as he isn't claimed on waivers he'll revert to our IR list, since it was an injury waiver.

Don't know for sure, but this sounds possible...
Reply/Quote
Kinda figured this was coming when Rennell Wren mentioned he was the starting DE in Lou's 34 "big base" and getting the goal line snaps.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He was decent when he was healthy, Thom Brennaman quoted a Dave Lapham quote last night on the Reds broadcast that went like this, " The best ability to have is availability."
Reply/Quote
Damn, he should have opted out yesterday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, he should have opted out yesterday

If he is healthy I am sure he would rather try to hook on with another team.

If he is not healthy then he should have gotten an injury settlement.  You can't just release a player for being injuried.
Reply/Quote
Ouch. Hopefully he gets over what's been ailing him. I thought of him as one of those dudes who would come in off the bench and play his guts out. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 12:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We've had way too many 3rd and 4th round picks offer virtually nothing these last 5 years.

-Malik Jefferson
-Mark Walton
-Jordan Willis
-Josh Malone
-Ryan Glasgow
-Paul Dawon
-Marcus Hardison

Obviously you're not going to hit on a high percentage of starters in the middle rounds, but it definitely seems like we've had way too many of these guys, who accomplish little to nothing, as of late.

We did have a change in the coaching  staff that probably had something to do with it. Dawson and Hardison were the only ones cut under Lewis.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sucks for him.

Always played well when he got a shot, and seemed like a genuinely nice person.

I believe it was with a failed physical designation, so hopefully he can get himself healthy enough for a normal life in the long run.
Reply/Quote